vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Thanks I'll add some of those. If you hear of or come across a really good remake of Coagulation, specifically Halo 2's Blood Gulch - let me know.

Coagulation H1 - EP51LON - UGC - Halo Infinite

The Quick and the Dead. Works with CTF and Team Slayer.

There's no thumbnail but I believe it's the map found here:

View: https://youtu.be/liUxLVHQhdE

View: https://youtu.be/VmBdXrT6pUY

View: https://youtu.be/VZB8pqjKRgQ
or it could be this version from epsilon https://www.halowaypoint.com/halo-infinite/ugc/maps/ca262876-8413-47a4-a00e-5e5bb01213b4 kinda hard to tell. I think this one is the Halo 2 version though

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm dangerously close to becoming that weirdo who sincerely thinks Infinite is the best FPS period, even knowing how silly a statement that is. Firefight KotH sounds amazing.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dangerously close to becoming that weirdo who sincerely thinks Infinite is the best FPS period, even knowing how silly a statement that is.
Saying that about a Halo game is far from silly. Infinite's in a good spot now and it's a ton of fun.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm dangerously close to becoming that weirdo who sincerely thinks Infinite is the best FPS period, even knowing how silly a statement that is. Firefight KotH sounds amazing.

Infinite is a stellar shooter to play. Had it gotten the proper content treatment out of the gate ala Halo 3 or Reach, it would have been an all time Halo game.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly with the way the early flights were turning out a couple years ago they always had the potential. They just didn't have all their content rollout correctly. Now that they have finally shaken up who's who at 343 calling these decisions...so far it's been nothing but improvements since Season 3 imo. I don't think it's crazy especially with the state of the game today.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple games over the weekend to try to get back into things before the new season; some of the Forge maps in matchmaking are really great, and I found myself liking the base version of the Bandit more then I remembered when it first released. But man the movement rubberbanding/desync/whatever is still really bad. I hope that's something they're still planning on fixing because it seriously put me off the game despite everything else being pretty fun.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple games over the weekend to try to get back into things before the new season; some of the Forge maps in matchmaking are really great, and I found myself liking the base version of the Bandit more then I remembered when it first released. But man the movement rubberbanding/desync/whatever is still really bad. I hope that's something they're still planning on fixing because it seriously put me off the game despite everything else being pretty fun.

I only really started playing Friday (old pc couldn't play it when it launched) and I got some rubberbanding a couple of times on Saturday. I'm hoping it was just a ton of people playing because it was Halo WC weekend.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
www.halowaypoint.com

Customization Overview | Season 5

<p>Season 5: Reckoning releases tomorrow and features a deluge of new customization content and updates—and we’re just getting started. Feast your eyes! RATED F FOR FLOOD It has been said that one single Flood spore can destroy a species, so just think about how much damage you’re going to do...

S5Customization.jpg

CEMarkV2.jpg

MarkVandVI.jpg

CEMarkV3.jpg

Mark V kit coming to the store to celebrate the anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
You CAN make a faithful Mk V without totally butchering it. 🥺

I'll be throwing money at the screen when it's available I'm a Mark V…mark.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

I think the "desync" problems are kinda over-exaggerated at this point, and what people are encountering is more just garden variety server lag they need to sort out.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing all of these good vibes is making me want to redownload the game again. I heard there was a good championship going on recently too. Seems the optics on this game changed?

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I think the "desync" problems are kinda over-exaggerated at this point, and what people are encountering is more just garden variety server lag they need to sort out.
Whatever it is, the fact that I can often not walk in a straight line without my position rubberbanding back and forth sporadically is incredibly obnoxious and not a problem I have in other games. That's something that should just work.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It still isn't clear if the Mark V CE armor kit will be paid or free, just "in the shop" and releasing on 11/7. Be prepared for it to be paid, but it could be a free giveaway for those that log in and claim it for that week or two or whatever.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It still isn't clear if the Mark V CE armor kit will be paid or free, just "in the shop" and releasing on 11/7. Be prepared for it to be paid, but it could be a free giveaway for those that log in and claim it for that week or two or whatever.
That's some potent hopium.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The armor looks fucking fantastic.

I know the game had a bumpy launch, but I have to hand it to 343 for these latest updates. I'm really excited about Halo again.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Whatever it is, the fact that I can often not walk in a straight line without my position rubberbanding back and forth sporadically is incredibly obnoxious and not a problem I have in other games. That's something that should just work.

Oh I 100% agree with that. I just think the talk of "desync" with regards to Infinite specifically has turned into a bit of a bogeyman people are seeing in every missed shot etc.

If you're rubber banding, it's not like the cause being something different matters to you lol.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
The armor looks fucking fantastic.

I know the game had a bumpy launch, but I have to hand it to 343 for these latest updates. I'm really excited about Halo again.

My hope is that they're waiting for Tatanka to be revealed before maybe giving the game a bit of a renewed marketing boost - maybe some sponsored Twitch streams to get the game back in front of people's eyes, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My hope is that they're waiting for Tatanka to be revealed before maybe giving the game a bit of a renewed marketing boost - maybe some sponsored Twitch streams to get the game back in front of people's eyes, etc.
Yeah, that would make sense. We've seen recently with Cyberpunk that is possible to turn mindshare around. Infinite's biggest problem at launch was content, and they've done a lot to address that.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I tuned into HCS and really enjoyed the matches this weekend. Got me interested enough to re-install the game, haven't seriously played since that initial boom on launch/Season 1.

I had a blast! Played a bunch of games in Quick Play and it felt right. Got to see a bunch of new maps too. I'll definitely be tuning in for the new season. With PvE on the way I could see that being another way to get me involved.

Happy to be excited about Halo again.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I tuned into HCS and really enjoyed the matches this weekend. Got me interested enough to re-install the game, haven't seriously played since that initial boom on launch/Season 1.

I had a blast! Played a bunch of games in Quick Play and it felt right. Got to see a bunch of new maps too. I'll definitely be tuning in for the new season. With PvE on the way I could see that being another way to get me involved.

Happy to be excited about Halo again.
Play Squad Battle

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
What's Squad Battle about? I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
8v8 slayer/objective on forge remakes of classic maps (Valhalla, Rat's Nest, Zanzibar, Exile, Waterworks) damn fun and feels like Halo. Just started playing Infinite again a few days ago since launch week and Squad Battle is just *chef kiss*

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
8v8 slayer/objective on forge remakes of classic maps (Valhalla, Rat's Nest, Zanzibar, Exile, Waterworks) damn fun and feels like Halo. Just started playing Infinite again a few days ago since launch week and Squad Battle is just *chef kiss*

I know what I'm doing tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Played a couple of games last night and I'm pleasantly surprised. Feels much better than at launch, didn't feel any network spikes as before and it was on a map that I found more interesting to play on. Will definitely check out tomorrow.

ResetEraUser

Jun 9, 2022
www.halowaypoint.com

Customization Overview | Season 5

<p>Season 5: Reckoning releases tomorrow and features a deluge of new customization content and updates—and we’re just getting started. Feast your eyes! RATED F FOR FLOOD It has been said that one single Flood spore can destroy a species, so just think about how much damage you’re going to do...

S5Customization.jpg

CEMarkV2.jpg

MarkVandVI.jpg

CEMarkV3.jpg

Mark V kit coming to the store to celebrate the anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved!
Oh my God. CE Mark V my beloved, you've never looked so beautiful.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Combat Evolved isn't my first, second, or third favorite Halo game, but damn that's a nice looking set of armor.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my God. CE Mark V my beloved, you've never looked so beautiful.
It's such a strong modern take. Same geometry as the original, with added grooves and details in the armor to bring it up to current visuals and compliment the other existing armor in the game.

I really hope to see both the Mark V and the Mark VI upgraded to full cores as the game progresses.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't part of the Unreal rumor that Tatanka is being turned into it's own separate Halo game?

He apologized for sounding disrespectful, he didn't imply campaign DLC is in the cards. After the lay offs it was obvious we aren't getting campaign DLC.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped this game so hard around the end of Season 1. It looks like it's time to jump back in as MW3 ain't doing it for me. And everyone in this thread hyping it up is transferring the hype over to me!

Randy Savage

Banned
Feb 6, 2023
I played the shit out of halo the first month it came out then dropped it. Just reinstalled it for the first time a couple days ago. Game seems to be in a good spot now. Gameplay is still good and theirs a lot of content now.

Only thing I don't like is how damn sweaty the game is. But that seems to be all shooters now. I'm excited for firefight and hope they can add some other casual game modes.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I played the shit out of halo the first month it came out then dropped it. Just reinstalled it for the first time a couple days ago. Game seems to be in a good spot now. Gameplay is still good and theirs a lot of content now.

Only thing I don't like is how damn sweaty the game is. But that seems to be all shooters now. I'm excited for firefight and hope they can add some other casual game modes.
Custom games should help offer other nice PvE modes to kick back and chill to since they're adding AI enemies to Forge. And you'll still be able to earn battle pass XP, too.