• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FAzJ6Hy.jpg

For those that missed the chance to try it the first time here it is again. It's actually pretty damn fun to play and polished. PLEASE DON'T DRIVE BY WITH "FUCK KONAMI" shit, thanks.

giphy.gif

HDyNLf7.gif

https://www.konami.com/mg/survive/news#news_20180208

OP
OP
giancarlo123x

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
is the campaign included?
"
Another METAL GEAR SURVIVE BETA is coming next week. February 16th-18th. PS4, Xbox One and Steam.

The 2nd Beta will include 3 missions across 2 maps in co-op mode, supporting up to 4 players online. There'll be special daily missions too. Participate and get bonus items when you play the full game!"
Sounds similar to the first beta so no campaign. Unsure if its the same missions.

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
"
Another METAL GEAR SURVIVE BETA is coming next week. February 16th-18th. PS4, Xbox One and Steam.

The 2nd Beta will include 3 missions across 2 maps in co-op mode, supporting up to 4 players online. There'll be special daily missions too. Participate and get bonus items when you play the full game!"
Sounds similar to the first beta so no campaign. Unsure if its the same missions.

its ok not long til release

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nice, looking forward to trying the game on PC before picking it up.

PS4 beta was really fun but I want to play with keyboard and mouse

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Such a damn shame this is what MG(S) has turned into, and that people are willing to support such demoralising projects such as this. MGS was the spearhead of revolutionising cinematic gameplay, with incredible characters and an arcing story, the cutscenes and graphics were waaaay ahead of their time and still to this day people who play the games blind are saying it's become their favourite games. And to top it all off, have we all forgotten that this is Konami, infamous for treating its employers like crap, killing franchises like Silent Hill/(P.T), Castlevania etc. just to make some pachislots? Or that they de-humanised Kojima and violated his human rights.

Anyway, as for the game itself, it looks incredibly generic and a rushed job using MGS5's framework in an attempt to jump on the bandwagon of build and survive. Not to mention the online-only connection even for SP and microtransactions.

Damn, what happened to MGS...

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Played the PS4 beta it was a lot of fun, looking forward to playing it on PC, I'm crossing my fingers for ultrawide support.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such a damn shame this is what MG(S) has turned into, and that people are willing to support such demoralising projects such as this. MGS was the spearhead of revolutionising cinematic gameplay, with incredible characters and an arcing story, the cutscenes and graphics were waaaay ahead of their time and still to this day people who play the games blind are saying it's become their favourite games. And to top it all off, have we all forgotten that this is Konami, infamous for treating its employers like crap, killing franchises like Silent Hill/(P.T), Castlevania etc. just to make some pachislots? Or that they de-humanised Kojima and violated his human rights.

Anyway, as for the game itself, it looks incredibly generic and a rushed job using MGS5's framework in an attempt to jump on the bandwagon of build and survive. Not to mention the online-only connection even for SP and microtransactions.

Why wouldn't I be interested in this? Looks like a much better game than MGSV and I'm not on some dumb ass gamer outrage that deals in hyperboles like "violated Kojima's human rights" .

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

If this was called MGS6 I would agree.
But we know this is a spin-off. Much like how MG Acid and Revengeance didn't shape the future of the series.
I don't think Survive will become the face of the series. The drastically lower sales of Survive Compared to MGSV will be proof enough (MGSV is at like 7 million copies or something)

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have more than just the defense (couple mins to prep, zombies streamline in) gameplay? Is there a single player story?

Oct 25, 2017

So why even pay the thread a visit?
Does this game have more than just the defense (couple mins to prep, zombies streamline in) gameplay? Is there a single player story?
There's a campaign yes

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I want to try this. Especially withh GCU and the $10 BB gift card for preorders. I am interested. Missed the first beta and the videos looked neat.

Are people really getting sanctimonious over them using the MGS name, really? Is it really that important? Would you feel any better if they just called it Survive?

I am all for eff-Konami but I won't begrudge someone from using one of their poular IPs to try and sell a new off shoot product.

If it ends up being a good game who cares?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
MGS was finished with V by KojiPro, end of story.

It's a new Metal Gear by a new dev team. And if it were a rushed job, they would've pushed it out the gate last year, when they were aiming for a Summer 2017 release date and the zombie/survival fad was way more popular.

Parabolee

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be sure to try it this time, especially with a PC beta included. Hope I like it as I sank 200+ hours into MGSV, one of the greatest games ever made.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This looks good, man.

The things they can do with this engine. Perhaps a Castlevania IP based on it?

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last beta didn't do much for me other than get me to reinstall MGSV, so I think I'll pass.

Have fun though!

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Fuck Konami,

The first beta was uninspired grey drab mess with barebones Fortnite crafting and missions only idea is to gather more resources for the next similar mission. That one slidekick maneuver is not saving this game.

Wish they would show us a little of the campaign instead.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah Fuck Konami,

The first beta was uninspired grey drab mess with barebones Fortnite crafting and missions only idea is to gather more resources for the next similar mission. That one slidekick maneuver is not saving this game.

Wish they would show us a little of the campaign instead.
Here's 30min of Single Player gameplay from gameinformer

And here is the single player trailer showing some cutscenes and such

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only care about the multiplayer, wish it was free, won't buy it full price but I liked the beta

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you care about picking it up around release, the game is not a full price 60€ game. It's a 40€ game and you can get it on cdkeys for 30€ currently.
my computer can't run that game, and with the canadian dollar, the game is set for 60$ with taxes

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a PS4 player I probably wouldn't pick this up because the community will die off in a month without cross play.

Might be worth a rent tho.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the heck out of the first beta, looking forward to seeing how well it runs on PC if this beta includes Steam.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
First beta was fun to play, albiet frustrating sometimes. Glad that they're making the second beta available for PC, hopefully the port will be optimized as MGSV.

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why wouldn't I be interested in this? Looks like a much better game than MGSV and I'm not on some dumb ass gamer outrage that deals in hyperboles like "violated Kojima's human rights" .
tenor.gif

The Phantom Pain hatedom shows it's true colors once more.

OH so you think it's excusable for them to lock him in a fucking room for hours, and also refuse to let him accept an award?! I think your hate for V has made you into someone who cant show empathy to a person who was obviously mistreated.

On topic, I actually enjoyed my time with MGSS at the last beta, and have preordered the game. I'll support the MGSV dev team, not those fucks at Konami. Excited for this.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

The Phantom Pain hatedom shows it's true colors once more.

OH so you think it's excusable for them to lock him in a fucking room for hours, and also refuse to let him accept an award?! I think your hate for V has made you into someone who cant show empathy to a person who was obviously mistreated.

On topic, I actually enjoyed my time with MGSS at the last beta, and have preordered the game. I'll support the MGSV dev team, not those fucks at Konami. Excited for this.
They didn't "lock him in a fucking room for hours", they assigned him into a different floor, after years and years and years of not sticking to schedule, failing to deliver a complete game and constantly rebooting development. If Kojima had his way and just spent had limitless access to someone else's money MGSV still wouldn't have been released by now. Just like you're not going to see Death Stranding releasing before 2022.
And receiving awards isn't a human right, no.

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I'll definitely try the PC version, enjoyed what I played on PS4.

fck konami and all but it's still a decent game.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
May give this a try when it's cheaper.

I personally loved the gameplay in V, so a gameplay focused entry with minimal story doesn't sound like a bad idea.