• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
"I'm really excited," says Smith. "We have an amazing team of writers and we're discussing the arc of the season and what the first episode might be, looking at the big picture." Among the characters the team is looking to introduce in the show, tournament organizer Calypso will finally be making an appearance, along with Dollface (who in Peacock's adaptation is John Doe's long-lost sister), Mr. Grimm, and perhaps the most challenging for the showrunners, Axel.
"[Mr. Grimm is] my favorite and I'm excited to capture what the fans are excited about seeing, but also [answering the question of]: 'How does he exist in the world we've set up?'" says Smith. "I think there's just going to be a lot of fun with him — what kind of character he is in this world and how does he interact with people like Sweet Tooth?"
Smith admits that there may be some minor tweaks needed to bring Axel to life (how do you get a guy strapped into two giant wheels into the show?), but he states that Axel will be treated with the same reverence as Sweet Tooth. "We have to get Axel right."
The second season will also be devoted more to the Twisted Metal tournament itself, with Smith wanting to explore the various dynamics between all the different drivers for Calypso's tournament. "I'm excited for fans to see these characters come to life and see what makes them funny and what makes them heartbroken. I think it's gonna be fun to dive into these people … We introduced a lot of these characters — Preacher, Bloody Mary, John, Quiet, Watts — it's gonna be fun to put them all in a [single] place at the tournament and have them interact. There's a lot of really fun, interconnective character headspace stuff that I'm really excited to dive into. It feels like a new toy box."
As for how long the series could last, Smith is putting that in the fans' court. "I think this show could go on for as long as people want it to and I think that there's tons more stories to tell in it, which is really exciting… I'm excited for you to see more. I think it's gonna be wild."
bloody-disgusting.com

Second Season of Peacock’s ‘Twisted Metal’ Adaptation to Introduce Calypso, Dollface, Axel and More

With Peacock’s Twisted Metal adaptation getting the green light for a second season, showrunner Michael Jonathan Smith and team dropped a few tidbits during an interview with NBC Insider on what to expect for season 2. That includes not only the focus on the tournament itself, but also the...
www.nbc.com

Twisted Metal Boss Reveals Season 2 Plans For Peacock Series: "It's Gonna Be Wild"

Want to know what's coming in Season 2 of Peacock's Twisted Metal? We have the first details right here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
latest

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Legitimately super hyped for this. The first season was one of the most fun TV shows of last year and the way it set up
the actual Twisted Metal tournament at the end
was awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Cannot wait for this. Season one was a lot of fun and a total surprise, being a lot better than it had any right to be. Hopefully season 2 continues the fun ride.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Best show of last year. I'm so freakin' pumped.

...which is so strange because I had zero reverence for anything Twisted Metal before this hahah

Nov 27, 2017
California
I mean yeah, a bunch of them were teased at the end of the season

The season was an interesting one but they worked a battle at the end and it was amazing

I'm hyped for season 2

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
most of these were setup in the first season and expected anyway, cool confirmations though

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Why the title listing the names?

It's not like they were going to start the show just introducing everyone.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeaaah!

Finally. The fucking weirdos video game ass video game characters.

First season only had Sweet tooth.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I had a fun time with seasons one. it was low budget, cheesy, I'm not sure all the jokes landed well, but it was a fun time. Glad to hear its getting a second season.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Burned through it last week incredibly well done. The writers understood the assignment and the cast perfect all around.

May 26, 2018
Loved season one! So much heart and so well-written, and dynamite chemistry for the main characters. How the hell is Twisted Metal this good?

Hope it wasn't a "lightning strikes once" deal.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
1st season had no right to be this good. They adapted the feeling of playing and not the [dumb] story of the game, and all somehow came out great. Winning cures everything.

Will definitely watch S2.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
With the following context...

1) I've only played about twenty minutes of the games decades ago at a friend's house...

2) I started watching the first series but my kids walked in and I quickly switched it off never to return...

I shouldn't be bothered about this. But having read reactions I think I'm all in for S2.

Spook & Spell

Aug 3, 2021
I got about halfway through the first season last night and I can't wait for more. I can't believe it is as good as it is. Now if we could get some new games out of this success.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I had a really great time with the first season, so I'm looking forward to whatever stupid shit they can do in the second one.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
So, I've just scrolled TV tropes and note it's a post-apocalyptic thing without the explicitly supernatural elements. Calypso's a mysterious puppetmaster, but isn't implied to be a reality warping figure like the games.

So how do you think they'll handle Grimm? Shell-shocked cannibal a la Black, or gang leader obsessed with childhood trauma like the PS3 game? Because the traditional "I am the literal Grim Reaper" schtick sticks out like a sore thumb. Or, since the entire cast has had some dramatic changes (Raven not being a traumatized teen, the Outlaw brother/sister duo being bumbling corrupt cops, Agent Stone the dictator) something entirely new?

Last edited:

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Love the show but I have no faith a good translation for Axel to live action with his character in the shows world.