• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

som-ps4-physical-editehxyi.jpg

Square Enix has announced that it will release a physical edition of its upcoming Secret of Mana remake for PlayStation 4 in limited quantities at GameStop in the United States, EB Games in Canada, and all participating retailers in Latin America.

Pre-orders for Secret of Mana will include the "Moogle Suit" character costume for Randi, Primm, and Popoi, the "Tiger Two-Piece" for Primm, and the "Tiger Suit" for Randi and Popoi.

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/secret-mana-ps4-limited-quantity-physical-edition-announced-americas

Last edited:

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome. Even if just Gamestop/EB, glad it'll be in proper brick-and-mortar stores rather than an SE store exclusive. Their shipping prices can be...

Exebiel

I'm surprised Square Enix is annoucing a physical LE for this game in latin america region which is great news, the N° 1 publisher in latin america is Bandai Namco, N° 2 is Ubisoft and N° 3 is Konami, I hope Squeenix to make a competition among them.

I'm kinda scared about the price point or MSRP though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know the price for the game yet? Physical or digital? I assume this will be $50-$60 and digital will be $30-$40. But that might be just wishful thinking.

I'm sure it's been said a lot before but I wish this was coming to the Switch.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got excited thinking this was the switch one. Still I guess it's better to have some of Secret of Mana on a console then none.... even if the artstyle is a bit broken

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, a Legit way to have this besides SNES

PSvita + Secret of Mana = <3

cannot wait for this

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's not up yet, but I'll sub here to see when it does pop up. I don't expect many copies of it to get printed beyond a "pre-order - only" sort of deal.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Awesome. Even if just Gamestop/EB, glad it'll be in proper brick-and-mortar stores rather than an SE store exclusive. Their shipping prices can be...
I was thinking the same thing. When I first read the title, I thought, "I shouldn't even waste my time reading about this since it will be online Square store only". I'd never bother. EB Games, I am totally down for this.

It's not up yet, but I'll sub here to see when it does pop up. I don't expect many copies of it to get printed beyond a "pre-order - only" sort of deal.
Yes, I'm expecting Xenoblade-style release: print enough for preorders and that's it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I seriously can't see a print run of this beyond preorders. I'm shocked they're even doing physical for this release in the first place.

I too, am REALLY surprised! I also thought for sure they would just dump it on their own site (or just leave it as digital with I Am Setsuna), like they did with Lost Sphear. They are slowly learning...

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
What are the odds of getting a physical release for EU? I hope Square Enix makes it happen.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know the price for the game yet? Physical or digital? I assume this will be $50-$60 and digital will be $30-$40. But that might be just wishful thinking.

I'm sure it's been said a lot before but I wish this was coming to the Switch.

The pre-order on PSN costs $39.99.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This would be really cool to get but I haven't played the original yet. It's waiting for me on my SNES Classic.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I am interested. I wonder how much it will be. I'm a bit more interested in the Vita version though.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, ok. The way you worded it I thought you were saying you wanted to experience the original before playing a remake of it which seemed odd :p
Haha yeah my bad, though I am looking forward to playing the original since I'm a big fan of SNES era pixel art. I just need to finish Link to the Past and FFVI first.

Warrk

Nov 8, 2017
I too, am REALLY surprised! I also thought for sure they would just dump it on their own site (or just leave it as digital with I Am Setsuna), like they did with Lost Sphear. They are slowly learning...
Ugh, their site... So bad.

Got my physical preorder in, so I'm happy now.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, looks like my luck has run out. Gamestop no longer accepts my international credit card. Might need to go through a proxy for this.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I bought something at GS was when they had those physical copies of UMVC3 on PS4. Guess I'll be doing this again then!

Definitely in for a Vita copy.

EDIT: Wait the physical copies are PS4 only? Well that sucks...

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered the physical. The original is one of my favorite games of all time and I just cant resist a physical release.

Oct 28, 2017
In for the physical. First purchase at GameStop since Xenoblade Chronicles but I enjoyed the time I spent on the original on the SNES Classic and am looking forward to this remake.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I bought it. Not a fan of the art style, but I feel like in 5-10 years, I'd regret not scooping it.