Oct 26, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/sega-announces-tgs-2018-lineup

A Sega Ages development team discussion with the mysterious, retro game-loving artist MC8bit as a guest. Major title-related announcements are planned. Featuring Kazunari Shimamura (senior producer), Yosuke Okunari (supervisor), Naoki Horii (M2 president), and guest MC8bit.

Hopefully we get some big new games in the line-up and not just more of the usual we've been seeing. Like maybe some of the hgiher-end system games from Arcades, or better yet, a Saturn or Dreamcast game.

Current line-up so far:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
Thunder Force IV (Genesis)
Phantasy Star (Master System)
Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)
Gain Ground (Arcade)
Space Harrier (Arcade)

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
fingers crossed so hard for panzer dragoon saga they're almost breaking

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
So I found out that Thunder Force IV actually is basically the Saturn version since it has all the enhancements from it:

- Option to reduce slowdown
- Kids Mode which lowers the difficulty and you don't lose weapons upon losing a life
- Styx from TF3 is an unlockable ship.

All were in the Saturn version and are in the Switch version. Sweet! :D

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/1...g-and-thunder-force-iv-to-come-out-in-august/

It's not, they've already talked about how they're implementing these features natively into the MD version.

The Saturn version doesn't have a slowdown toggle, either, it's just faster and it's not necessarily better for it. M2 almost didn't add a slowdown reduction option for this version because certain sections of the game were clearly intended to be played with slowdown, but enough people asked for it that they complied.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'll take any of the following:

Gunstar Heroes
Ristar
Rocket Knight Adventures
Shinobi III
Alien Soldier
Dynamite Headdy
Sonic CD
Monster World 4
Ragnacenty
Landstalker
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Pulseman

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I want the Sonic Adventure games on the Switch; but Dreamcast games seem pretty far off.

Oct 25, 2017
220px-Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Streets of Rage, with platform confirmation for the new entry incoming.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Revenge of Death Adder would definitely be the go if they've completely ruled out Saturn games from the first wave.

Personal dream apart from Panzer Dragoon Saga is Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram with virtual twin stick controls using something like ARMS motion controls.

I just really don't want the same games they've already been reissuing a million times over

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Excuse the question, but what console range does the Sega Ages line cover? Just to temper my wish for some Dreamcast games. ^^

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Excuse the question, but what console range does the Sega Ages line cover? Just to temper my wish for some Dreamcast games. ^^

For the first wave they have announced games from Arcade (think 16 bit arcade), Genesis and Master system.

They announced that Saturn and Dreamcast can be on the second wave, impying it is not on the first. They didn't mentioned but 3d arcade games like Daytona, Scud Race and Spikeout are probably out too.

Sweet. I didn't think it "could" happen so fast.
I'd give a lot of money for japanese Shining Force 3 games on the Switch.
Hope it's possible.

They said 1 to 2 games a month and at least 15 games so the "so fast" is like 8 months from now THE FASTEST. Probably a year.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
yeah I'm not gonna hold out hope for Saturn/Dreamcast games

But it would be cool to see some 3D arcade games, like Virtua Fighter or something. IIRC M2 worked on the Sonic the Fighters port for 360 so they'd done similar work before.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For the first wave they have announced games from Arcade (think 16 bit arcade), Genesis and Master system.

They announced that Saturn and Dreamcast can be on the second wave, impying it is not on the first. They didn't mentioned but 3d arcade games like Daytona, Scud Race and Spikeout are probably out too.

They said 1 to 2 games a month and at least 15 games so the "so fast" is like 8 months from now THE FASTEST. Probably a year.

I see, thanks for the heads-up. Will postpone my wish for Skies of Arcadia and just let myself surprise what they announce, then. ^^

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I'll take any announcement that isn't a M2 port I already bought before. C'mon it can't be that hard! Herzog Zwei, Landstalker, Alien 3 The Gun, Virtua Racing. I'll even take ports we got before on PS2! Alien Soldier, Phantasy Star IV. C'mon!

Rango

Oct 29, 2017
Whoah, can't believe TGS is something to look forward to this year. Can't wait for the new announcement!

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I'll take any of the following:

Gunstar Heroes
Ristar
Rocket Knight Adventures
Shinobi III
Alien Soldier
Dynamite Headdy
Sonic CD
Monster World 4
Ragnacenty
Landstalker
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Pulseman
2 Konami games, huh?

And when are the first games even releasing?
They were scheduled for August.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the Naomi/Dreamcast era is retro enough already to start putting those games in arcade collections. Like... it's been almost 20 years.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'd love games that they've not done before, if they announced OutRun like that 3DS version, I'd be very happy! :)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just keep announcing all the games and never release any.