Full Games List

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
With the final games announced, here's the full library organised by system (and then slightly by date):
Sega CG Board 'Model 1'
Virtua Fighter (1993)

Sega System 32
Rad Mobile (1991)
Arabian Fight (1992)
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder (1992)
Dark Edge (1993)

Sega System 24
Scramble Spirits (1988)
Gain Ground (1988)
Crack Down (1989)
Bonanza Bros. (1990)

Sega System 18
Shadow Dancer (1989)
Alien Storm (1990)

Sega System 16
Fantasy Zone (1986)
Quartet (1986) ['Quartet 2' is the 2-player version of Quartet, which was originally a 4-player game]
Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (1986)
Alien Syndrome (1987)
Shinobi (1987)
Sonic Boom (1987)
Altered Beast (1988)
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (1988)
Golden Axe (1989)
Cyber Police ESWAT (1989)
Cotton (1991)

Sega System 14 AKA Sega System C & C2 (Mega Drive-based hardware)
Columns (1990)
Columns II (1990)
Thunder Force AC (1990)
Puyo Puyo (1992)
Puzzle & Action: Tant-R (1993)
Stack Columns (1994)
Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R (1994)
Puyo Puyo 2 -Tsuu- (1994)

Unique Super Scaler Hardware

Space Harrier (1985)

Sega System 2
Wonder Boy in Monster Land (1987)

Sega System 1
Flicky (1984)
Ninja Princess / Sega Ninja (1985)
Seishun Scandal / My Hero (1985)
Wonder Boy (1986)

Ultimately, I wish they'd leaned more into the later 2D era games (assuming they weren't doing Model 2 or anything). Burning Rival would have been a neat juxtaposition to Virtua Fighter (both being AM2-developed), and never-ported games from the System 18 board like D.D. Crew or Desert Breaker would have been easy deep cuts rather than porting 3 Columns games and both Puyo Puyo games.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
unknown.png

unknown.png

Shit, I want that stick more than I want the cabinet.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Dang! I'm going to cancel my controller order for that stick as soon as it goes live. No question about it.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the arcade version on System 16
With the final games announced, here's the full library organised by system (and then slightly by date):
Sega CG Board 'Model 1'
Virtua Fighter (1993)
Sega System 32
Rad Mobile (1991)
Arabian Fight (1992)
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder (1992)
Dark Edge (1993)
Sega System 24
Scramble Spirits (1988)
Gain Ground (1988)
Crack Down (1989)
Bonanza Bros. (1990)
Sega System 18
Shadow Dancer (1989)
Alien Storm (1990)
Sega System 16
Fantasy Zone (1986)
Quartet (1986) ['Quartet 2' is the 2-player version of Quartet, which was originally a 4-player game]
Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (1986)
Alien Syndrome (1987)
Shinobi (1987)
Sonic Boom (1987)
Altered Beast (1988)
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (1988)
Golden Axe (1989)
Cyber Police ESWAT (1989)
Cotton (1991
)
Sega System 14 AKA Sega System C & C2 (Mega Drive-based hardware)
Columns (1990)
Columns II (1990)
Thunder Force AC (1990)
Puyo Puyo (1992)
Puzzle & Action: Tant-R (1993)
Stack Columns (1994)
Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R (1994)
Puyo Puyo 2 -Tsuu- (1994)
Unique Super Scaler Hardware
Space Harrier (1985)
Sega System 2
Wonder Boy in Monster Land (1987)
Sega System 1
Flicky (1984)
Ninja Princess / Sega Ninja (1985)
Seishun Scandal / My Hero (1985)
Wonder Boy (1986)

This is a good list of games if this is all it gets.

Bolded the ones that matter most to me as a SEGA fan. the ones that A.) hadn't been released before and B) that was never available in the west.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Well now I hope the community is able to hack it. It would be a waste to not have any fighting games from Capcom and SNK on it with a micro-switched joystick.

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
Keep checking on the the controller, the gamepad said it didn't ship to USA from Amazon.jp for a few days until it became available.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Looking at the pictures of the joystick, it seems the Start button is labeled "PS". Wonder if it's specifically compatible with Playstation consoles.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Goddamn, that arcade stick sold out fast. I'm going to hope the Amazon JP page starts eventually accepting US shipments like with the controller.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gone again, crap. I am not in the right time zone for this. Suggestions on good forwarding services?

Ah fuck it. Nin Nin has it in stock too.

Last edited:

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
In Canada and I was just able to order the stick! Thank you F5

Amazon | アストロシティミニ アーケードスティック | ゲーム

アストロシティミニ アーケードスティックがゲームストアでいつでもお買い得。当日お急ぎ便対象商品は、当日お届け可能です。オンラインコード版、ダウンロード版はご購入後すぐにご利用可能です。

Thanks for the head up! Was able to order to US as well.

Hoping to mainly use for a MiSTer as well as the Astro Mini if the TV output is solid enough. Not really going to get my hopes up about getting this to work on consoles though.

Last edited:

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Is the stick just the stick or is it like neo geo where it has games on it. Why is it so expensive?

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do we know if the stick works on consoles at all? The smaller yellow button is labelled "PS" like the VSHG (so... maybe?), but it lacks L2, R2 and Select. It'd be nice if they were on the back or something but if they're sticking to the VSHG mold then it seems unlikely...

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the stick works on consoles at all? The smaller yellow button is labelled "PS" like the VSHG (so... maybe?), but it lacks L2, R2 and Select. It'd be nice if they were on the back or something but if they're sticking to the VSHG mold then it seems unlikely...
I think it actually stands for Player Start.That said it's a usb connection so 99% works with PCs and most likely PS4.

It's probably Player Start like freikugeln says. Would be nice if it was confirmed to have some console compatibility.

Is the stick just the stick or is it like neo geo where it has games on it. Why is it so expensive?

It's just a stick as to why it's more inflated then the VS High-Grade stick it looks to be based on? shrugemoji

iirc VSHG was $80+shipping so counting for inflation that's about $100+shipping today. This is roughly $120+Shipping with probably no console compatibility and fewer buttons. On the other hand, it looks incredible lol.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably Player Start like freikugeln says. Would be nice if it was confirmed to have some console compatibility.

It's just a stick as to why it's more inflated then the VS High-Grade stick it looks to be based on? shrugemoji

iirc VSHG was $80+shipping so counting for inflation that's about $100+shipping today. This is roughly $120+Shipping with probably no console compatibility and fewer buttons. On the other hand, it looks incredible lol.
If it's USB it should work elsewhere. Should work with Saturn and DC with the adapter for them.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017

So from a casual pov, if I use it for emu and play shumps and fighters on pc is it over killed? I have the madcatz sfv stick, are these much better build?

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I recently ordered one.
Nice, I think I'll pick one up eventually even though I'm good for DC/SS native sticks.

So from a casual pov, if I use it for emu and play shumps and fighters on pc is it over killed? I have the madcatz sfv stick, are these much better build?

Yeah, better build assuming it's using similar material to the high grade. Hopefully, it will be all Sanwa like the VSHG too. Does the SFV Madcatz use Sanwa/good arcade parts? For the price, it does seem like overkill from a casual pov.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Wait, these sticks will go up in value? Have they ever release something similar before?

Wait, these sticks will go up in value? Have they ever release something similar before?

Depends on how compatible it is with future consoles.

Also, the quality of the stick matters too - input lag, build quality, etc., but that all matters less with special limited designs like this one.

The last stick with this design was, I believe, released on the Saturn.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
What information do we actually have on the stick right now? The Amazon product page is a bit light on details to say the least.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Astro City Mini Arcade Stick A joystick controller dedicated to 1P that is designed so that you can enjoy the arcade games recorded in this unit more dynamically at home (quoted from the official website). The selling price is 12,800 yen (excluding tax), which is the same as the main unit [Note 16] .The appearance is as if the left half of the original control panel (control panel) was cut off, and the design, size, and color of the levers and buttons are reproduced to the full extent of the original. Similar to this stick, it is a concept product similar to Sega Saturn 's peripheral device "Virtual Stick" (late sales version) designed with the image of the Astrocity control panel , but the rigidity and weight have been upgraded according to the price.

This is translated from the wiki

Sounds like some of the cost is attributed to the build quality.