• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 21, 2018
FIghting Vipers still in with a shot!

Prob Space Harrier for '85
Space Harrier is playable in most Yakuza Games, on Switch,even the crappy 30 FPS sequel stole a slot on the Genesis mini ha ha.

Enough of it ;) (Planet Harrier is welcome for the Astro City volume 2 though)

Bummer ! Last Bronx seems out (96) but i think some 96/97 model 2 games will make it.

Model 3 seems out of reach.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Wait, preorders already went up?

アストロシティミニ【Amazon.co.jp限定】アストロシティミニ×バーチャファイター PC&スマートフォン壁紙セット 配信 - Amazon.co.jp

アストロシティミニ【Amazon.co.jp限定】アストロシティミニ×バーチャファイター PC&スマートフォン壁紙セット 配信の通販

The controllers don't ship outside Japan though. If you want one of those you'd either need to use a forwarding service or go to AmiAmi.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

アストロシティミニ【Amazon.co.jp限定】アストロシティミニ×バーチャファイター PC&スマートフォン壁紙セット 配信 - Amazon.co.jp

アストロシティミニ【Amazon.co.jp限定】アストロシティミニ×バーチャファイター PC&スマートフォン壁紙セット 配信の通販

The controllers don't ship outside Japan though. If you want one of those you'd either need to use a forwarding service or go to AmiAmi.

Ahh, thanks so much. I must've missed all of this as the news was hitting. I ordered through AA. Wish you could get 2 controllers!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So Amazon has a limit of one preorder per account. If I cancel my order, will it recognize I cancelled and let me order one again or will I be locked out of buying anymore?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
God I really want this, but this has pricedrop written all over it doesn't it? Must hold out

Release date and next 13 games have been announced:

Release Date: December 17
  • Bonanza Bros
  • Columns
  • Cotton
  • Crack Down
  • ESWAT
  • Gain Ground
  • Ichidant-R
  • Puyo Puyo
  • Shadow Dancer
  • Shinobi
  • Wonder Boy
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Was announced via this livestream (in Japanese).

Official Announcement Reel

Edit: Game Center Style Kit is also announced. The kit will include a base/stand (complete with fake coin collection door and other details) to convert it into a standing cabinet, an instruction card holder for the top, and a mini arcade stool. It will be sold as a kit for around 4000 yen. Check out a quick up close look here.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Should be mentioned that the final batch of games will be revealed in 2 weeks on Sept. 3rd via Famitsu stream.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Next games have been announced:
  • Bonanza Bros
  • Columns
  • Cotton
  • Crack Down
  • ESWAT
  • Gain Ground
  • Ichidant-R
  • Puyo Puyo
  • Shadow Dancer
  • Shinobi
  • Wonder Boy
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Was announced via this livestream (in Japanese), though I can't find any official announcement yet.

Will try to update when a better link becomes available.

goddamn okay i think i'm back in for this

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I was wondering when we would start finding out about the other titles. Loving the new games added. I can't wait to get my unit when it comes out.

I would say the only thing that bothers me a little is them using a wide screen LCD that is smaller then the screen area. So when a game runs 4:3 it's going to look very small inside the screen area. It would have been better if they could have gotten the screen to fit in a way so that when the game is running in 4:3 it fills out the whole space modeled for where the arcade CRT would have been. =/

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
The Game Center Kit does make it really cute, but the size of the joystick/buttons kinda ruins the scale. (But I may still bite.)

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Shadow Dancer is ace, ooooooh~ I don't really know how else they could make this lineup any epic. Shadow Dancer, Golden Axe 2, Bonanza Bros?!? Maybe they could add Thunder Force AC I guess? idk

neonglow

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping there would be more 3D arcade games rather than the same old 2D ones they've been releasing.

They updated the video so it threw off the times in the links - it's all fixed now.

So, here is a list of never before arcade releases in this batch:

- Crack Down (Genesis port, not arcade perfect)
- ESWAT (Genesis port is apparently quite different - and arguably better, but oh well)
- Shadow Dancer (had console ports, none arcade perfect)
- Bonanza Bros (PS2 Port was close, but not perfect)
- Cotton - PS1 is apparently very close, but not quite perfect

And Wonder Boy and Wonder Boy III: Monster's Lair have only been released once on the expensive Sega Ages 2500 Monster World Collection - which I only found out were included on that disc today.

The rest have been released either recently (Gain Ground on Switch) or multiple times before.

Woo-hoo, thanks for the update! I'm psyched about Shadow Dancer and Cotton, although the rest... Well...
Not even sure what I want from the last batch?

Shadow Dancer is ace, ooooooh~ I don't really know how else they could make this lineup any epic. Shadow Dancer, Golden Axe 2, Bonanza Bros?!? Maybe they could add Thunder Force AC I guess? idk

I would guess they're saving some of the heavy hitters for the September 3 reveal - at least, that's what I would hope they'd do for that final injection of hype.

At least I know all the games I don't care about (Puyo Puyo, Columns, Ichidant) are out of the way - but PuyoPuyo2 is still a possibility.

Model 2 would be an obvious choice and would open the doors to a LOT more games, however I'd imagine the emulation might be somewhat difficult to get right.

I hope they'll include a couple more Model 1 games.
System 16 has a lot more potential games - Quartet on the System 16 is probably for sure
Probably no more from the System 24 - and very few from System 32 are left that aren't licensed or racing/light-gun games.

I'm also wondering if they'll include any games that need TATE mode to display.
Interestingly, I think I heard the announcers wondering why it included 6 buttons, as none of the games announced so far will need that many buttons. I don't know of any games released on those old Sega boards that need 6-buttons, though....?

Last edited:

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone curious, here are the systems covered in the as-of-yet announced list of games:

Sega CG-Board 'Model 1'
Virtua Fighter (1993)

Sega System 32
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder (1992)
Dark Edge (1993)

Sega System 24
Gain Ground (1988)
Crack Down (1989)
Bonanza Bros. (1990)

Sega System 18
Shadow Dancer (1989)
Alien Storm (1990)

Sega System 16
Fantasy Zone (1986)
Alien Syndrome (1987)
Shinobi (1987)
Altered Beast (1988)
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (1988)
Golden Axe (1989)
Cyber Police ESWAT (1989)
Cotton (1991)

Sega System 14 AKA Sega System C & C2 (Mega Drive-based hardware)
Columns (1990)
Columns II (1990)
Puyo Puyo (1992)
Puzzle & Action: Tant-R (1993)
Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R (1994)

Sega System 2
Wonder Boy in Monster Land (1987)

Sega System 1
Wonder Boy (1986)

Just some hot predictions/wishes for the final 13 games:
System 14 / C: Stack Columns is probably a lock, Thunder Force AC seems pretty likely as well.
System 16: Dunk Shot, Tough Turf, or Riot City seem like somewhat obscure but well-suited picks here. Putting the System 16 conversion of Fantasy Zone II on here would also be a great pull.
System 18: D.D. Crew and/or Desert Breaker for some nice genre variety. Sadly Moonwalker is likely out of the question due to licensing.
System 24: Not much left to pick from that isn't a racing game, but maybe Super Masters can have the licensing worked out.
System 32: Burning Rival or Arabian Fight would be pretty deep cuts. The 6-button layout barely makes sense if Burning Rivals isn't on this.
Model 1: The only remaining games are WingWar, Virtua Racing, and NetMerc. The controls provided with the Astro City Mini aren't really compatible for any of them, sadly.

All things considered, this looks likely to be a pretty comprehensive lineup of Sega's 2D arcade catalogue (that can be played with a joystick and 6 buttons and doesn't have licensing issues) prior to the adoption of the ST-V (Saturn-like) and Naomi (Dreamcast-like) arcade boards in the late 90s.

For anyone curious, here are the systems covered in the as-of-yet announced list of games:

Sega CG-Board 'Model 1'
Virtua Fighter (1993)

Sega System 32
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder (1992)
Dark Edge (1993)

Sega System 24
Gain Ground (1988)
Crack Down (1989)
Bonanza Bros. (1990)

Sega System 18
Shadow Dancer (1989)
Alien Storm (1990)

Sega System 16
Fantasy Zone (1986)
Alien Syndrome (1987)
Shinobi (1987)
Altered Beast (1988)
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (1988)
Golden Axe (1989)
Cyber Police ESWAT (1989)
Cotton (1991)

Sega System 14 AKA Sega System C & C2 (Mega Drive-based hardware)
Columns (1990)
Columns II (1990)
Puyo Puyo (1992)
Puzzle & Action: Tant-R (1993)
Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R (1994)

Sega System 2
Wonder Boy in Monster Land (1987)

Sega System 1
Wonder Boy (1986)

Just some hot predictions/wishes for the final 13 games:
System 14 / C: Stack Columns is probably a lock, Thunder Force AC seems pretty likely as well.
System 16: Dunk Shot, Tough Turf, or Riot City seem like somewhat obscure but well-suited picks here. Putting the System 16 conversion of Fantasy Zone II on here would also be a great pull.
System 18: D.D. Crew and/or Desert Breaker for some nice genre variety. Sadly Moonwalker is likely out of the question due to licensing.
System 24: Not much left to pick from that isn't a racing game, but maybe Super Masters can have the licensing worked out.
System 32: Burning Rival or Arabian Fight would be pretty deep cuts. The 6-button layout barely makes sense if Burning Rivals isn't on this.
Model 1: The only remaining games are WingWar, Virtua Racing, and NetMerc. The controls provided with the Astro City Mini aren't really compatible for any of them, sadly.

All things considered, this looks likely to be a pretty comprehensive lineup of Sega's 2D arcade catalogue (that can be played with a joystick and 6 buttons and doesn't have licensing issues) prior to the adoption of the ST-V (Saturn-like) and Naomi (Dreamcast-like) arcade boards in the late 90s.

Excellent post, thank you!

My guesses:
Alien Storm
Quartet
Fantasy Zone II
Arabian Fight
Burning Rivals
Thunder Force AC
Choplifter or Air Rescue
D.D. Crew
A sports game
A puzzle game

I'm guessing Desert Breaker won't be on there, as it's displayed in TATE mode?
Edit: Hold up, I take that back - Gain Ground is TATE and it's on there. Now I'm curious how they'll pull that off on that tiny screen.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Last of the more likely ones I really want is Arabian Fight. Would love Fighting Vipers, but that's a newer board then anything announced.

The really unlikely ones I'd want are Spider-Man & Star Wars Arcade but I don't expect Sega to pay Disney to get them on it.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fuck it. Amazon Japan has worked before and I'm sure it will again. It says it's still available for pre-order. The picks aren't all perfect, but so far it's good enough and the livestream where they demonstrated a production sample had a proper clicky microswitched stick that they held a mic up to for everyone to hear. That sold me, especially after the Neo Geo Mini.