• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Bonanza Bros aside, this is a solid lineup so far.

At the very least, so far, all the games revealed have been released in the US, so that should help its chances of it coming here.

At least that version is a bit more unique & hasn't seen a re-release. I see it like V.R., it may not be the best version, but it's an interesting version.
Yeah, that's true. FFCD is honestly worth it for the soundtrack alone.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Interestingly, OP contains 8 confirmed games, the original Mega Drive Mini had 42 games and this one has 50+ games. Do we know whether it will be disjunct or if it will be an extended version of the first one?

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Not bad at all! A few 32x games would be neat. It's not like there are more than…42?

But I want a fucking saturn mini, since games for the actual OG saturn I own are expensive as fuck.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
EDIT: My bad, was confusing it with the Magical Hat game Decap Attack was based on 😅

This one's by Game Freak!

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
glad popful mail and sonic cd are in but this NEEDs to have snatcher

i would also like to see

- the terminator
- shining force
- road avenger
- rise if the dragon
- kaio flying squadron
- cobra commando
- dark wizard
- adventures of batman and robin
- amazing spider man vs the kingpin

please sega

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Magical Taruruto-kun, first one only released in Japan in this stream

looks like it might not need localising though?

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nice, I'm here for Popful Mail.

As much as I want a Master System or Saturn, this is obviously the smarter way to go.

Magical Taruruto-kun, first one only released in Japan in this stream

looks like it might not need localising though?
I had this as a kid, it's a straight up platform game with some light story dialogue that doesn't get in the way of the gameplay. Very easy but great looking.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
& here's our list so far:

Sega/Mega CD:
- Silpheed
- Shining Force CD
- Sonic CD
- Mansion of Hidden Souls
- Popful Mail

Genesis/Mega Drive:
- Virtua Racing
- Bonanza Bros.
- Shining in the Darkness
- Thunder Force IV
- Magical Taruruuto-kun
- Fantasy Zone (not Super, apparently a new port of the original)

Last edited:

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Sega loves re-releasing fantasy zone and putting it in games. I got sick of playing it in yakuza games

OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
Enough Fantasy Zone. The fact we got all the weird ports with the 3D Classics line was good enough.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"Our next surprise is a Mega CD version of Super Fantasy Zone. We've also included a version of Super Fantasy Zone that would've been a combination Mega CD/32X version"

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They need to include a useless piece of plastic that looks like a Mega CD 2 like they did with the MCD1 and 32X previously.
Fucking yes!

3m7aEarl.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
LOL you can buy an adaptor to fit the original mini on the Sega CD. That's so silly, I love it.

& of course a 32x.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I need the MegaCD2 attachment, will import if they don't release it in the west (just like the OG Mega CD and 32X which I also got).

Edit: they even made the adapter needed for the 32X...

Edit2: and even the adapter to use the OG Mega Drive with the Mega CD2!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Now I want it just for the tower. The extra spacer accessories are hilarious.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing hiw easi it is ti add games to the first MD Mini this was kinda underwhelming. But cool that they add SegaCD games.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That controller cushion is cute, but gimme a full pillow shapes like the Genesis attached to the Sega cd.