• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what's wrong with the artstyle? Looks fine to me.
Looks like an average free-to-play match 3 title.
Nice Sonic Mega Collection music though.

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding that other topic about mobile games:

"Pre-register to be among the first to play and unlock Coins, plus Shards"

Yeah, already lost interest.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding that other topic about mobile games:

"Pre-register to be among the first to play and unlock Coins, plus Shards"

Yeah, already lost interest.

Yep, the gameplay may be fun but the progression is still typical "grind to collect materials to upgrade your characters so you can grind to collect more materials" mobile game stuff.

so we're still doing the "streets of rage 4 looks like a flash game" thing, huh

I would really love to see the Flash games these people played back in the day, they must have looked incredible.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure what's worse; the horrible art, it being called Heroes like every other mobile game or that the logo looks like Hearthstone.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
The original Sonic Heroes is unironically one of my favorite Sonicare games, so seeing this... actually hurts.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Why is Tyris blonde? The art's weak, the gameplay is simple & derivative, & this feels like SEGA trying to capitalize on Puzzle Fighter.

... but damn, I'm thirsty for a SEGA crossover between Smash Bros. coming up & Sonic & SEGA All-Stars ditching the SEGA Smash Kart aspect for that weird team mechanic I'm still not sold on at all. I'll probably pick it up.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be so into these mobile games where publishers trot out their classic IP if they actually made one where the art appealed to me

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh looks fun, which that it was available now in my region

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
I probably know the answer, and as a result will end up avoiding this game like the plague, but I gotta ask anyway:

Is the game playable offline?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I probably know the answer, and as a result will end up avoiding this game like the plague, but I gotta ask anyway:

Is the game playable offline?

VEjI5v.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Weird.

Goddamn Alys from Phantasy Star 4 is in this, so I wonder if Kiryu and Majima will show up.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
The art looks bad.

And the battle animations/models looks very meh...kinda reminds me of Sonic Chronicles lmao

I think they should work harder on this part.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Adam and Mr. X? Really? Max and Skate get no love at all, and don't get me started on my man, Zan.

killbotvii

Nov 2, 2018
Honestly, this is just really poor timing for SEGA. The gaming community is still up in arms over the Diablo mobile game. If they had announced this a week earlier, then I think there would be more hype around. I'm not saying this looks like a particularly quality game, but still.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this is just really poor timing for SEGA. The gaming community is still up in arms over the Diablo mobile game. If they had announced this a week earlier, then I think there would be more hype around. I'm not saying this looks like a particularly quality game, but still.

This implies that they actually have expectations for Sega

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell does it look so cheap and awful?

Exoected something a la Disney Heroes Battle Mode but this doesn't look good

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

The Diablo controversy isn't a big deal outside of nerds on the internet. This game is meant for your more typical, casual phone game player.

killbotvii

Nov 2, 2018
The Diablo controversy isn't a big deal outside of nerds on the internet. This game is meant for your more typical, casual phone game player.
That's a good point. Even still, good marketing would've dictated that they postpone the announcement to a more convenient time. Regardless, it's not as if the game matters to anyone outside of the group of people you described.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised old-school Phantasy Star got a mention. The art-style for the human characters are...eh.

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment.
khixdz.jpeg
There was a new Vandal Hearts?!
In iOS there are a shit-ton of great paid games without in-app purchases, rising the bar in the video game medium with their artistic designs.

Other thing is that in video game forums the toxicity always wins. And new threads are only created to highlight the bad an exploitative games filled with microtransactions, but not the good ones elevating the medium.

shows a crap console game and says all console-games are crappy!

They absolutely can be, and using this as an example for a counterargument is disingenuous.

But yeah, this does nothing for me and the art is just awful.
He's not gonna respond to you. He got his troll in and that's all he cares about.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I dig the look, but not a huge match 3 style guy. Pre-Registered anyway, hope it holds my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.