• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
This is the ideal Sonic body.

1DUIRXD.png

Both are great and they'll continue to use both.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Scrap 3D Sonic altogether and just make Mania games.

Big budget Mania Heroes, with classic designs of Team Dark and each zone is tailored to that teams specific skills. AND LEVEL DESIGN IS THE TOP PRIORITY.

Mania Secret Rings and Black Knight and other strories where Sonic travels through these fairy tale worlds. AND LEVEL DESIGN IS THE TOP PRIORITY.

Basically take the solid ideas of the games and Maniaize them, nullifying the shitness. AND MAKE LEVEL DESIGN THE TOP PRIORITY. ALWAYS.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad how Team Sonic Racing released to no fan fair and then received no post launch content or updates. They didn't even put it on sale over Christmas.
It was on sale Christmas though, both on steam and psn

Man Team Sonic Racing needed so much more time in the oven. How are you gonna put out a game that's mechanically simpler than your previous game which released almost 7 years prior?
it had issues but not mechanics wise, it simply chose a new gimmick -team work- instead of the previous gimmick -transformation- , also your top speed is determined by rings you collect which is an aspect that was not present in last game, and that adds depth to the game mechanically , if anything the team aspect was more involved in core gameplay and how you use it and when, instead of simply waiting for the next section to see your car transform depends in the track, with the rare occasion of there being points where you can transform earlier to plane to gain more speed

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
If Evening Star is indeed working on Mania 2 (best case scenario), then 2020 seems likely. Mania was in development for 2 years, and they finished the Plus expansion in 2018.

Oct 28, 2017
Scrap 3D Sonic altogether and just make Mania games.

Big budget Mania Heroes, with classic designs of Team Dark and each zone is tailored to that teams specific skills. AND LEVEL DESIGN IS THE TOP PRIORITY.

Mania Secret Rings and Black Knight and other strories where Sonic travels through these fairy tale worlds. AND LEVEL DESIGN IS THE TOP PRIORITY.

Basically take the solid ideas of the games and Maniaize them, nullifying the shitness. AND MAKE LEVEL DESIGN IS THE TOP PRIORITY. ALWAYS.
Oh man I would absolutely lose my shit if we got Sonic Mania Heroes

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic 30th anniversary game should have Sonic struggling with student debt and failing to pay his rent.

Oct 27, 2017
Please get rid of current modern sonic forever (please don't let this be a monkey paw wish so we end up with an even worse redesign).

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of expect 2020 to be quiet on the actual games front. They'll just be pushing community engagement, and maybe we'll get some ports or re-releases or something to tide us over until 2021's 3D Sonic game, which unless they hired some level designers since Forces, is sure to be trash. The key to the boost formula working so well in Generations was strong level design. Without it, the entire game falls apart.

I won't let myself even anticipate that Sonic Mania or Sonic 5 or something by Evening Star is remotely a thing, because I would want it too much, and all signs currently point to them not working on a new 2D Sonic...would love to be wrong, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I want to see:

Sonic Mania 2 (Evening Star)
Sonic Generations DX: Director's Cut (Sonic Team)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed Deluxe (Sumo Digital)
Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (M2)
Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog CD (M2)
Sega Ages Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (M2)

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it isn't Mania 2 then i'm not interested. The chances of a 3D Sonic being terrible is pretty much a 100% certainty at this point. Give me 2D Sonic!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Gonna be a big year for Sonic, methinks. Feature film is out in February, continued promotion of the Olympics game, and likely new console and mobile games being released.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic/Butigeeg 2020.

Seriously though, I hope they get their shit together regarding the next major product.

People are still clamouring for a sonic 06 repeat huh?

Every one throws this around but its fairly obvious the real adventure 3 was Sonic Unleashed/Sonic World Adventure. And yes a game in that style with actual thought put into it wouldn't be bad at all.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
More sonic classic stuff is coming, because its the only place this series is taking good will since 2017, but that doesn't guarantee mania 2 to me. It may as well be something like sonic 4 again. I have no trust in sega regarding this franchise.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
This is like your alcoholic cousin telling you they're finally going to quit drinking for real this time. All you can do is smile and nod.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
if there is another 3d game , i wish for shadow to be playable again. And other people too.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've been screwing classic sonic fans for two decades now. You know, the good sonic games. Maybe it's time for modern sonic to gtfo until they can come up with an idea or technology advances to the point they can make it work.
How about we let both exist and just hope they make a good game?

Getting rid of modern Sonic, who for a lot of us is THE Sonic, won't suddenly improve the games.

I swear I hate these 'just git rid of modern Sonic" takes. Pure short sighted selfishness.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Sonic needs a new design and Lizuka needs to stop gatekeeping the old Adventure-series look. They seemed to reject anything for Sonic Boom that didn't somewhat look like it was morphed from the usual designs.

I wouldn't mind a new design, but it definitely needs to be a combination of the two. They cannot get rid of what made Sonic so appealing in the first place.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They've been screwing classic sonic fans for two decades now. You know, the good sonic games. Maybe it's time for modern sonic to gtfo until they can come up with an idea or technology advances to the point they can make it work.

Every time someone is like only sonic 123k is good I roll my eyes right out my skull. Its just as bad as Sonic was never good crowd in how brain dead a take it actually is.

Sonic Advance 1-3 and Sonic Rush 1-2 were perfectly fine games with plenty of platforming goodness but people brush them aside citing lol boost, or not like the classics without engaging those games on their own terms.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
That's just Stealth though. He's doing his own thing. Evening Star has been formed and they're working on their first game, the majority of the Mania team are there. We have no idea what they're working on, Sonic or otherwise.
They made their own studio called Evening Star. We don't know what they're currently working on. Stealth also made his own studio for a game he wanted to do, but that project has ended due to a lack of funds.
Evening Star is co-developing Freedom Planet 2.