• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
"All new"

"Triple A"

"Not Creative Assembly"

If by "all new" they don't mean "new IP", I'm gonna guess: a big-budget Shinobi game that plays like a Platinum title.

I would say JSR, but I'm not sure that qualifies as Triple A.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
A CA community manager said on reddit that this is not a CA game.
Well atleast Grace confirmed that so I don't have to tip toe around the fact that this isn't a CA related announcement that SEGA are teasing.
Totally. Is this a Sci Fi FPS? Would be cool
CA have already shown a gun from the FPS along with the line of "Taking FPS to a new frontier"
79032988.jpg

They also released this piece of the audio team recording audio for the FPS:

This game has been in development for forever... come on now...
I mean the team finished up Halo Wars 2 and its DLC in 2017 so it has only had 1 and a half full years in development so far.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Low IQ peasants: New Sonic/Jet Set Radio/SMT game

Me, an intellectual: The long awaited sequel of Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would think Relic would be all in on AoE4. Are they a multiple team studio?

I assume if it's a strategy game it'll be Amplitude.

I have no idea. I'm kinda lost of what studio this game would be from, can't imagine Sega Japan showing a AAA game here unless it was sonic.

It's sonic isn't it?

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Huh? Maybe something from Relic? Company of Heroes 3?

How awesome would it be to have it. Company of Heroes 3. Becoming a trilogy. Having the force and reception of COH 1. Sweet dreams

I don't think they'd consider any PC exclusive games (let alone strategy games) AAA, to be honest.

Nature of the beast.

Why not? What does "let alone strategy games" mean? RTS's used to cost as much or more than action games back in the day.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you do know it's likely just going to be sega publishing a western game made by a third party studio

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Why not? What does "let alone strategy games" mean? RTS's used to cost as much or more than action games back in the day.
"AAA" gaming has always been a weirdly nebulous thing that's unevenly applied.

Perhaps I've just been looking the wrong places, but it always seems to mean "big budget cinematic action game" whenever I see it used.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Most Sonic games as of late have been announced at Sonic-specific events (SXSW panels, Sonic birthday/anniversary events); so unless this is a left swerve out of nowhere it's very likely not Sonic.

Sega would have to go back to treating sonic as an AAA franchise for that, so...

The last in-house Sonic game that can be said to have AAA production values was Unleashed a decade back; Sega/ST's been pairing said production values for the series down since then. The one exception being Boom: Rise of Lyric....which given how that performed, is now arguably going to remain the last AAA Sonic game overall unless current Sonic management is turned on its head.

My guess is that it's either a new IP or reboot handled by a third-party studio, or CA is bluffing.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
"AAA" gaming has always been a weirdly nebulous thing that's unevenly applied.

Perhaps I've just been looking the wrong places, but it always seems to mean "big budget cinematic action game" whenever I see it used.

AAA means big budget production that has the full force of a studio behind it. For example, Gears of War 1 cost 10 million to make in 2006. Anno 1701 also in 2006 cost around as much and was one of the most expensive european games. Empire Earth 3 in 2007 also cost 10 million. Black and White 1 with most of the production in the 90's and launched early 2001 cost about 7 million as far as i remember.

Uncharted 1 and 2 cost 20 million each to make. Supreme Commander in 2007 cost was around 15 to 20 million as well. And looking at Starcraft 2, developed over more than 10 years with no limit to the budget for a decade, i probably cost as much as all uncharted games combined.

Strategy games are not side genres made on the cheap, on the side. RTS was once the biggest genre in gaming. Known franchises sold in the tens of millions

Shion

Nov 8, 2017
What I expect:
Meh 3D Sonic #749575
Western game
Yakuza

What I want:
Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi
Daytona USA spiritual successor baby
Panzer Dragoon Saga sequel
JET SET RADIOOOOOOO
(It's prolly CA's game)
Oh how I wish it were to be an Outrun 3
It'll probably be something I don't care about, but if this was a better world...
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
  • Phantasy Star V
  • Skies of Arcadia 2
Burning Rangers 2 pls

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
im hearing character action shinobi game and Alien soldier 2 up in this thread.

yall playing with my heart

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I would straight up murder for a character action Shinobi game.

I mean, not really. But still.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Considering how big Action JRPGs right now are i wouldn't be surprised if its actually SoA/PS.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi Please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi please be Shinobi
Daytona USA spiritual successor baby
Alien Soldier 2 4k/60fps
Panzer Dragoon Saga sequel
Panzer Dragoon open world RPG
Oh how I wish it were to be an Outrun 3
Fighters Mega-Megamix, believe.
Dreamcast HD Collection Remastered
I like the way you guys think. I'd be fine with either of those.

Alternatively: Sega All-Stars Rumble, a Power Stone-like fighting game with a bunch of classic Sega characters.