• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
probably means we get a good amount of gameplay. Wish us at home are one day given demos from these events for games coming out that soon :/ one day.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018

THAT SOON?

eodGHSx.gif

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Most of the hate seems to come from bitter Nioh fans who are about to have there game undone by the creators of the Soulsborne genre.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the hate seems to come from bitter Nioh fans who are about to have there game undone by the creators of the Soulsborne genre.
What hate? I can assure you, this will play nothing like Nioh in the same way Nioh really didn't play much at all like any of the souls games. It only cribbed a few tertiary mechanics. People enjoy both types of gameplay and don't really fight all that much about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my most anticipated game right now.

If you are on the fence, I highly recommend reading Edge's recent feature on the game.

Really fucking hoping Activision/Microsoft push for a good X patch and I have my fingers crossed for HDR.

I've played all the Soulsborne games but this is the first From game where I will be a part of the pre-release hype.

I can hear the graveyard murmurs. It's almost time. I cant wait. I just cant wait

Oct 25, 2017
So now Nioh fans are searching for a way to tell sekiro fans that Nioh is superior.

It is so SAD.
People just enjoy the Fucking Games.

Besides this battle was started by SONY FANS the day that GIF (the people running to play SDT) was aired.

In reality Nioh never never NEVER had a single chance to defeat SEKIRO.

And 98 always be superior to 88.

Nioh is business.
SEKIRO IS ART.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! Sekiro and RE 2 REmake are the only games that matter during the first two months of 2019. ;p

I have zero doubts about the game mechanics. Just hope they will keep the difficulty as punishing as the previews say so.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So now Nioh fans are searching for a way to tell sekiro fans that Nioh is superior.

It is so SAD.
People just enjoy the Fucking Games.

Besides this battle was started by SONY FANS the day that GIF (the people running to play SDT) was aired.

In reality Nioh never never NEVER had a single chance to defeat SEKIRO.

And 98 always be superior to 88.

Nioh is business.
SEKIRO IS ART.
This is a meme isn't it?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Uhh, that second one isn't a hot take. It's a pretty well agreed upon opinion. The rest of the game isn't anywhere close to Souls in terms of atmosphere or level design but in terms of combat it blows Souls out of the water.
For people who like anime games maybe. And no, Bloodborne is agreed to have the best gameplay of anything in the genre.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'd love you to explain more how thinking Nioh's combat is better than Souls games is a hottake.

While Nioh does have the varying stances that give each weapon more moves, the amount of weapons is pitiful compared to the Souls games. Even base Bloodborne has about twice as many "move sets" for weapons than base Nioh does (and DLC Bloodborne has about 50 overall while Nioh has 21 or 22 IIRC). The Ninjitsu/item/magic system in Nioh is really great, but still not nearly as strong as the magic system in Dark Souls 2 or Dark Souls 3. The way items are treated like a "class" oriented item in Nioh, that can be scaled up to be useful even in tougher situations, is a really great touch though. The extremely limited enemy variety really hurts the potential of the combat in Nioh though, since aside from unique boss fights, you deal with almost any conceivable enemy encounter and arrangement within the first half. There's hardly any new enemies introduced in the second half, and there's far too few level design gimmicks or clever enemy placement to make the fights feel distinct from each other. For reference, I finished Nioh and about 70-80% of the tedious side quests in 35 hours, whereas Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne were constantly ferrying me to new areas with new enemies and more unique challenges, and those games each took me 40 hours to beat with every boss defeated (not counting Chalice Dungeons). The stamina system with the Chi Pulse mechanic is a cool touch, and I like the sense of rhythm and tactile feedback it gives to lengthier encounters (especially against human enemies). Also, the New Game+ modes are a joke of min-maxing stats and gear to avoid being one or two shot by bosses that have laughably ballooned HP pools.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It is very lame that people are arguing about Nioh vs Souls vs Sekiro now just because SDT is also ostensibly a samurai game.

Tiopes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For people who like anime games maybe. And no, Bloodborne is agreed to have the best gameplay of anything in the genre.

What does Nioh have to do with anime? This is new to me. And I prefer Bloodborne's gameplay (while I do love Nioh's combat too).

They're actually quite different. Nioh has deeper combat, for sure, but I prefer Bloodborne's.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Pretty sure the game will play and looks like a souls game without leveling weapons and giving yourself stats. So like an action game without the dex/str/magic builds.