• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Oh good it was just a neighbor. Was really worried there, for a second. Sounds like he will be able to jump right back.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Apparently Rand Paul was mowing his own lawn which seems weird to me for some reason.

Magilla

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree on his politics, but this just isn't right. I hope he and his family are ok.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Two neighbors going at it lmao.

Can we really trust a man who can't get along with his neighbor? What's he got to hide?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it was because his policies weren't left or right enough.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User has been warned for: promoting physical violence against a public figure
Good lol. If you preach hate you dont deserve sympathy. Sad it was minor.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what the motive was. I'm curious if they have a neighborly beef that escalated and led to this.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wishing violence on others is always a rational thing to do, right guys?

Come the fuck on, be better than the opposition, don't stoop to their level. Grow up.
As a gay person who has lived through abuse because of homophobia, fuck off. No homophobe deserves the time of day, and especially the ones in power that make living everyday for LGBT harder.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
Good lol. If you preach hate you dont deserve sympathy. Sad it was minor.
I don't want to make any assumptions as to what would lead you to make statements like this, but I would like you to consider that when you yell at someone they are less likely to listen to the things you have to say. By induction you could say that punching someone makes it even less likely for them to listen to you. Violence rarely is the answer especially in this case. Hate breeds more hate. It's like Newton's 3rd law of physics. When you act out of hate it gives others reason to push back with hate as well, and you end up with an unstable oscillating system.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to make any assumptions as to what would lead you to make statements like this, but I would like you to consider that when you yell at someone they are less likely to listen to the things you have to say. By induction you could say that punching someone makes it even less likely for them to listen to you. Violence rarely is the answer especially in this case.
I dont really want someone to listen to my side. People rarely actually change their beliefs on the internet.

And that's also the problem. You dont know what ive been through. You cant know. Everybody telling people to be the bigger person or to never resort to violence dont know what it feels like to be abused and harassed until youre forcrd into a corner. The rise of neo nazis and the alt right proves that peaceful resistance does literally nothing.

But anyways, this is off topic since hes just a homophobe and ismt altright probably, so ill continue taking delight in this while others can sympathise with the poor republican victim.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
He told Rand that if those dogs pissed in his yard one more time.

More seriously:
NBC affiliate WAVE of Louisville reported that the two men are neighbors. A neighbor told the station that the two men have had ongoing problems and Paul was mowing the lawn at the time of the assault.

According to the warrant, Paul was tackled from behind by his neighbor, Rene Boucher, 59, at 3:21 p.m on Friday. The senator was "blindsided" but is "fine," a spokesperson for Paul said.

Boucher's altercation with Paul left the senator having difficulty breathing as a result of a "possible rib injury" in addition to bleeding from cuts around his mouth. Paul was seeking medical help for his injuries, the warrant said.
Sounds like a neighborly argument that built to a head.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Cool it down and get it back on topic.

How you gonna tackle Rand Paul of all people from behind

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have zero sympathy for the likes of Rand Paul given the hundreds of thousands of Americans who would die if his wet dream legislation were to ever get passed.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want more details of why the neighbor jumped him. There had to have been some personal bad blood between them from the past that finally set him off.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Paul is true libertarian. The only hate he has is for poor poeple. I dont think he discriminates.

But I'm sure ill I get a post showing some racist thing he's said I didn't know about.

Rand sold out on his libertarian principles (assuming he ever completely held them) on the same-sex marriage front. His dad openly associated with the militia movement and other far right organizations and Rand has not entirely distanced himself from that.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rand-pauls-daddy-issues

None of this is to say that it's right to just walk up and assault him, though given that it was his neighbor I'm curious what sort of drama might have been playing out.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
While I feel this is wrong. I hope good comes from the sad moment. We as adults have to understand the power of our words. There are always crazy people and you never know how close they may be.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
So confused who gets 24hr security. Rock-paper-scissors?

Glad he ok, still not a fan. Where was Trump?

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
So confused who gets 24hr security. Rock-paper-scissors?

Glad he ok, still not a fan. Where was Trump?

Only the top brass gets full-time security detail: heads, whips, and such. The rest of congress only get them when needed. Scalise only had a detail with him because he's majority whip.