• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been recently introduced to a channel on Youtube called Pop Culture Detective that does these great video essays examining different aspects of entertainment, and I noticed that about a week ago the channel released a video on how male sexual assault is portrayed in media:

I thought this was a nice watch because it always bothered me how prison rape seems almost sanctioned by society as an acceptable consequence of entering the prison system. There's so much to unpack when it comes to addressing sexual assault and people viewing the physical and mental trauma that male victims experience as something to laugh about.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This happens very often. You also have people who, when a male child gets assaulted by a "hot teacher" you have some men going "he's so lucky!".

It's sick. I feel the George Lopez Show episode on this subject was really done well also.

OP
OP
Brawly Likes to Brawl
Oct 25, 2017
Ryohei Suzuki's bedroom
This happens very often. You also have people who, when a male child gets assaulted by a "hot teacher" you have some men going "he's so lucky!".

It's sick. I feel the George Lopez Show episode on this subject was really done well also.
PCD is going to do a video dedicated to Female to Male assault soon, can't wait.

EDIT: Ah, I didn't see this thread was already made. Please lock mods.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Currently watching, but the early part is a reminder to just how amazing Terry Crews is.

Status
Not open for further replies.