Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Quiet to me is essentially a Frankenstein dog.

Kojima seemed to have made her by taking pieces of different attractive parts and somehow ending with a Frankenstein dog.

She act a dog but is supposedly human. Her design doesn't make sense and her characterization doesn't exist other than it fits a profile of a good dog.

Huey, is that you?

IwazaruK7

Oct 27, 2017
I thought 2B from NieR Automata was a fantastic, well-rounded character once you looked past her design. She was a sexualized character done right. Also, the creator was 100% transparent about his love for sexy designs.

No "she breathes through her skin" bullshit from Yoko Taro.

Though i would prefer character design in first NieR and Drakengard 1-3. I dunno, something in Automata's style doesn't click with me.

As for MGS5, i'm still angry they didn't give more chance to Paz. Her realistic-style face is so beautiful (while she was more like anime doll in PW), but... yeah i know her story is "important for plot", but she deserves more.

Deleted member 18807

I'm still waiting for games to sexualize older males (50+) that are not muscle guys (even those are rare).
DJo3NgeUMAAKGMV.jpg

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so she's a sexualized design because of her "huge butt" (lol), tight pants, her dialogue and camera?

Well, (i) her butt is pretty average size, (ii) tight pants != a sexualized design—you said it yourself, (iii) dialogue and camera framing is independent of a character's design, we're talking about the character design, i.e. the visual appearance of the character.

It feels like you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to try to justify this idea that Chloe's design is inherently a sexualized design.
Chloe isn't an inherently sexualized design, LL proves that, however, in UC2 she is. Again, I said that she isn't the most egregious example of it, but she is an example.

And, the creator's intent only matters insofar as to what extent you can clearly see sexualized elements inherent in the character's ACTUAL visual design. If the designer says "we made her more sexual than Elena", and we look at the character design and we're presented with a work that is not itself sexualized in appearance, then we have have to question whether we actually possibly misunderstood the artist's intent (you're not in the artist's mind and thus cannot know their thought process).

tumblr_mzd06jDwrG1qzqt8do4_250.gif

tumblr_lzs6tai3w71qlwea0o2_500.gif

giphy.gif

Either way, you haven't provided any meaningful evidence that Chloe's Uncharted 2 design is sexualized, nor even any link to your claimed comments from Naughty Dog about their intent (which it's possible you misconstrued/misunderstood). In which case, I'm just going to agree to disagree with you on this issue as frankly, on the spectrum of sexualized female character designs, Chloe's design whether intended to be sexualized or not, is such a non-issue that it's not really worth continuing this line of discourse any further.
See above.

I will respect that in your opinion you think she's sexualized but it's clear that is neither a consensus opinion nor even a popular one.
See above.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Chloe isn't an inherently sexualized design, LL proves that, however, in UC2 she is. Again, I said that she isn't the most egregious example of it, but she is an example.

tumblr_mzd06jDwrG1qzqt8do4_250.gif

tumblr_lzs6tai3w71qlwea0o2_500.gif

giphy.gif

See above.

See above.

Sexual framing in U2 (i.e. pose and camera work) != inherently sexualized, visual design of a female character

Crossing Eden, I give up. Let's just agree to disagree at this point. You think she's sexualized in U2. I disagree.

At least we can both agree that in no way is Chloe in U2 an example of female objectification or a design that disrespects women (... or at least I hope we can agree on this... whelp!).

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think the problem most people are having is that are standards of sexualized female characters are so low, that Chole looks normal. I do agree that UC2, she is definitely built to be a sexualized design to contrast the other love interest...whose name escapes me right now.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I think the problem most people are having is that are standards of sexualized female characters are so low, that Chole looks normal. I do agree that UC2, she is definitely built to be a sexualized design to contrast the other love interest...whose name escapes me right now.
Yea Chloe is a more easily digestible form of it.

Sexual framing in U2 (i.e. pose and camera work) != inherently sexualized, visual design of a female character

Crossing Eden, I give up. Let's just agree to disagree at this point. You think she's sexualized in U2. I disagree.

At least we can both agree that in no way is Chloe in U2 an example of female objectification or a design that disrespects women (... or at least I hope we can agree on this... whelp!).
A reminder that there's literally an exact type of scene with Elena and Sully in not only the same game but other UC games as well, (Nate even makes a similar joke to Elena), and it's not as egregious because her design isn't sexualized at all. Further emphasizing the contrast between good girl white picket fence Elena and sensual sexy shady thief Chloe. I don't even think Chloe is a bad design. Or completely objectified because she gets a hell of a lot more personality beyond the fact that she's forward in UC2, (seemed like they had no idea what to do with her character in UC3 tho), and is fleshed out way WAY more in her own game.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Yea Chloe is a more easily digestible form of it.

A reminder that there's literally an exact type of scene with Elena and Sully in not only the same game but other UC games as well, (Nate even makes a similar joke to Elena), and it's not as egregious because her design isn't sexualized at all. Further emphasizing the contrast between good girl white picket fence Elena and sensual sexy shady thief Chloe. I don't even think Chloe is a bad design. Or completely objectified because she gets a hell of a lot more personality beyond the fact that she's forward in UC2, (seemed like they had no idea what to do with her character in UC3 tho), and is fleshed out way WAY more in her own game.

Lol, you just reminded me that Chloe was even in U3... I didn't even remember her being in that game outside of the MP :-P

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Blow the hatch and climb into the AI pod!

On a serious note.
Quiet's design in MGS V sucks. Actually wait, her XOF uniform design is good - her bikini wearing design sucks.

Het Sniper Wolf costume is amazing.

Mario is supposed to be 30.

I'm pretty sure mario is just a child with a fake mustache or he's just one of the toads in disguise because his height and proportions with the citizens of New Donk make no sense.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Like i said in the other thread, part of what makes a good design is a look and an outfit that match the personality of the character. People should be able to tell what kind of personality the character has just by looking at them.

My problem with a lot of sexy designs in games is that more often then not, the girl wears a sexy/revealing outfit despite not having a sexual and seductive personality and not looking like that kind of girl. It's jaring and feels out of character you know?

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bayonetta and Ivy designs just make me cringe because it feels like they're pandering to horndog 13-year-old boys. As an adult who doesn't really care for the mainstream perception of gaming, it just feels patronising.

I'm very sexually liberal but Quiet was another one. It just felt pandering. I get laid regularly so I don't need this lame fan service crap.
I think you could easily front page https://www.reddit.com/r/ihavesex/

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I guess Chun Li is sexualized in that almost everyone in most fighting games has a good body (unless the point is them to be purposely ugly/weird/monstrous/juvenile/etc). But I never found the design overtly sexualized.

Not counting all those alt costumes that clearly pander hard.