• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I'm done with SFV. Been unhappy for a long time but wasting a slot on such an uninspired pick like Evil Ryu AND not even showing off the rest of Season 4 is the last straw. We had a good run SFV.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone could even be salty about this considering how crazy his gameplay looks and his fantastic animations.

We don't even know if he's even part of season 4 and is "stealing" a spot.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Doesnt SFV's story end with Ryu conquering evil part of him ?
Yep.
maxresdefault.jpg

Thats what really sucks about this character, instead of letting the cast change and evolve they have to remain stagnant. Why couldnt this had been a different Satsui no Hado user instead of it just being Ryu again?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Where is this "salt" y'all speak of? Twitch chat or something?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep.
maxresdefault.jpg

Thats what really sucks about this character, instead of letting the cast change and evolve they have to remain stagnant. Why couldnt this had been a diffrent Satsui no Hado user instead of it just being Ryu again?
I mean the character voices literally tell you that Kage is just a Super Buu/Majin Buu sitaution

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is such an awful pick in like every way. Combine that with not even naming the other S4 characters and I'm just so confused and disappointed. What the hell is going on at Division 2.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about SFV for me early on was its lack of shotos, but I guess it's inevitable that it had to go down this path. Can't believe they put lame ass E. Ryu in another game, guess it's time to expect Yun as well.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I mean the character voices literally tell you that Kage is just a Super Buu/Majin Buu sitaution
Yeah Ryu basically cleansed himself and finally became his true self. But him fucking around with Satsui no Hado for so long basically made a demonic from his his expelled Ki.

Also Ryu is getting buffs so he may be better

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
The Satsui no Hado was conquered by the Power of Nothingness, he shouldn't have any darkness left in him (unless this is supposed to take place during the story mode).

Like I get its fighting game lore, and none of it matters, but I just find this character really uninspired, and instead of having needed character growth, its just "bring back Evil Ryu in anyway possible!"

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was underwhelming as fuck

Last Season reveal Capcom treated like the rebirth of the game, now it doesn't feel as important

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot begin to tell you how trash I think this is. Put SFV out of its poverty misery.