• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

SE press release:
Square Enix® today announced Shadow of the Tomb Raider™ will be available in six months for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC/Steam®. All platforms will launch simultaneously on September 14, 2018.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be unveiled on April 27, 2018. Fans around the world can visit www.TombRaider.com for a chance to play the game and meet the developers at one of three exclusive reveal events.

Steam page is Live.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Press release confirms simultaneous release

Square Enix® today announced Shadow of the Tomb Raider™ will be available in six months for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC/Steam®. All platforms will launch simultaneously on September 14, 2018.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be unveiled on April 27, 2018. Fans around the world can visit www.TombRaider.com for a chance to play the game and meet the developers at one of three exclusive reveal events.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That "O" looks a little weird in Tomb.

Oh well.

Definitely a teaser though...

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
So they really did an announcement for a 20 second teaser trailer which says the game will be really revealed more then a month later. All of which leaked ahead of time. Amazing job with this so far SE at the rate this is going the whole game is going to get leaked in July XD

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Looking forward to it. The jungle clip looks pretty awesome even if it was just a cutscene/cgi.

2013 reboot SUCKKKKKKKED
Havent finished Rise of the Tomb Raider but it is SOOOOO much better. Story/characters suck, but the openness and gameplay is really good.
Have barely seen anything from this but i enjoyed that short clip :)

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably get this on an X as 4K support, will wait for more info though.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I was literally thinking about settings where the next Tomb Raider will take place and had either Mayan or Aztecs in mind. Seems about right.

Also, I'm not a native english speaker, but isn't this part kinda wrong?

All platforms will launch simultaneously on September 14, 2018.

Shouldn't it say that the game will launch on all platforms on September 14, 2018, instead of saying that the platforms will launch? Sounds so weird to me. lol

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is one of the worst teasers I've ever seen. 20 seconds of meaningless CGI? Wow...
Full reveal April 27th? Well... why not wait a bit more and do the full reveal right away?
Is this supposed to gather excitement for this full reveal? At least for me it does nothing :(

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Is the movie gonna be similar to this game (haven't kept up on that)? but probably gonna show this trailer with it at least.

Oct 26, 2017
Mayan temples, really what more could you ask for? Those are perfect for the actual tomb raiding. Hopefully they listened to the criticism about the puzzles being too easy and made them more challenging, I'd love that.

As for their press release, it's curious that they mention X but not Pro. It's certainly an indication of who has the marketing deal and this means we will see X footage at E3 which makes me very happy.