• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I let Axiom Verge slip through my fingers during the femtosecond of time that Limited Run Games had it available, I'll try to not let that happen again.

Edit: Dang, Wii U release isn't until August.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know for sure if Just Dance 2021 is finally skipping the Wii?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know for sure if Just Dance 2021 is finally skipping the Wii?
www.gamesindustry.biz

Just Dance 2020 is the last Ubisoft title on the Wii

Just Dance 2020 launched yesterday for the PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and, remarkably, Nintendo's two-generation-ol…

Is there a typo there? It says June 9 is when it goes live, is it supposed to be July 9?
yeah it was a typo in the article. fixed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Website has me a bit confused.

The Wii release if physical and is PAL regions only?

The Wii U is physical as well and available in both NTSC and PAL regions?
While it still feels like yesterday, it's been nearly 14 years since the Wii launched. Although we've still seen some Wii releases over the past few years, seeing one more wasn't a given. Indeed, despite my best efforts, it just wasn't in cards anymore, at least, not for North America. However, as luck would have it, the doors hadn't quite closed yet with Nintendo of Europe, so it was still able see a release! Words truly can't express how appreciative I am, and I can't thank them enough for all the heavy lifting they did on their end to make it a reality. It's meant the world to me, and these Wii discs specifically hold an immense place in my heart.

As incredibly as it all worked out, unfortunately, Wii discs aren't region-free, and I didn't want North American players to be left out. Although I continued talks with NOA, floating around a Plan B, Plan C... Plan Z, sadly, every idea hit a wall. The clock was ticking, and after exhausting all other options, I decided to pivot to the next best thing: the Wii U. After all, the Wii U still supported Wii Remotes, Wii Classic Controllers, and even 4:3! So, I rushed against time to port Shakedown: Hawaii to Wii U as well, and get it through certification before that door could close too!

I want to thank everyone at Nintendo for all the support, and everyone there who helped make these possible. To the lotcheck teams, thank you, thank you!

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Was one of my favourite games last year. Was pretty easy but I didn't mind that. Made me laugh too.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
So, it's coming to Wii and Wii U before Xbox One.

That's sad. I really wanted to play this game, but now I guess it'll never come to Xbox.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not Every - Quote from Dualshockers

tenor.gif
Wii more viable than XB1, confirmed.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Is PSP certification dead now? Pretty sure Retro City Rampage was the latest PSP game in the west so he already has made the last game for that console.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I assume it's implied this will be releasing digitally on Wii U as well, so at least one version will be easily available?

Oct 27, 2017
in some alternate reality where i simply stopped buying game consoles post wii u, this news would make me so fucking happy. i wonder if there's someone out there like that.

i think this news is kind of adorable. wii u deserves another good game.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
As a recent novice Wii collector, this really piques my interest.

It would make for... a fine addition to my collection.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think Brian Provinciano just really likes porting his games to as many platforms as possible. Just look at Retro City Rampage. It's on
  • Windows
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation Vita
  • PlayStation Portable
  • Xbox 360
  • Wii
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Nintendo Entertainment System (kinda)
  • OS X
  • Linux
  • MS-DOS!
  • iOS
  • Android
The weirdest part is that Shakedown: Hawaii is coming to Wii and Wii U before Xbox One, Mac, or mobile

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Shows it's limited to 3000 on Wii, do we know if it will be the same on Wii U? I will need to get it for my Wii U set do hope it's not difficult to preorder.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. He released a PSP case of RCR, but there is no game inside.
He released the game on PSP digitally. I don't think anything has released since then but I haven't actually read anywhere that certification has ended.

Retro City Rampage™ DX

OPEN-WORLD carjacking goes back to the 80s in this 8-BIT nostalgic throwback. Run missions Outrun the law Rampage the city with weapons, power-ups and vehiclesbrbrThis remastered DX version includes both a Story Mode of open-world adventure and an Arcade Mode for quick pick-up-and-play action...

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017