Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Shannon Sharpe Hired by ESPN

Shannon Sharpe is heading to ESPN.

Skip Bayless' former debate partner on Fox Sports' Undisputed has agreed to a deal with ESPN to debate Stephen A. Smith on First Take.

Sharpe plan to debate Smith on Mondays and Tuesdays. The rest of the week will be fill with other various debate partners for Smith.

shannon-sharpe-mtn-dew.gif

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I can get behind this. Time to start watching First Take again since Max was canned.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
So about a year until Screaming A runs off Shannon like he did Max?

Can't wait to see Shannon's face on social media when SAS talks about how Jokic doesn't have a low post game, mentioning a player that was traded days ago as being a key player on the team he was traded from, and other hilarious SAS goofs.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked Skip and Shannon together tbh. In this dynamic, Stephen A isn't Skip....Definitely better but Shannon shines when his opponent is delusional. So I'll see how this one will go.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shannon deserves better than SAS, but I'm happy he got picked up again quickly, by ESPN no less. TBH I wish he had his own show, either solo or with a co-host of his choosing. He's just very charismatic and entertaining when the vibes are right, and even when the arguments were goofy or dumb, he and Skip had good chemistry for a while. Hope he can do the same with SAS.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked Shannon isn't full time but I guess they will test the relationship of the 2.

Shannon and Stephen to the Cowboys this season

View: https://youtu.be/AGBdKt91v1M

Shannon deserves better than SAS, but I'm happy he got picked up again quickly, by ESPN no less. TBH I wish he had his own show, either solo or with a co-host of his choosing. He's just very charismatic and entertaining when the vibes are right, and even when the arguments were goofy or dumb, he and Skip had good chemistry for a while. Hope he can do the same with SAS.
Guessing they will test the waters, he's also doing MNF if I read the report right.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

A Farrakhan supporter, who's so deep into it that he doesn't believe that Farrakhan is anti-semitic, and a friend of Hannity's. Seems like they're made for one another.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So wait before Shannon was playing Steven A's role, so now is Steven A going to play Skips role? Both Steven A? Both Skip? Both Shannon??

OP
OP
Garrison

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017

Ohh wow now I wonder how this got leaked into the press then... Shannon hasn't signed. Kind of interesting seeing SAS choice of words here too... "my show" and all. IDK if having Shannon on for just 2 days of the week is going to be good for Shannon so that might play into it. Shannon can get a whole lot more than that, even his own show.

sha1ashaska22

Sep 4, 2020
Being forced to watch this show would be a highly effective form of torture. Two of the worst - I get that they are playing characters, but I can't deal with the invented drama of it all.

Jun 10, 2018
This is a downgrade IMO but I appreciate Unc Shay's petty because that is what Skip deserves. Literally ruined a good thing all because of his delusional one-sided crush on Brady.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
The moment when Shannon inevitability calls Steven Skip on the show is going to make for a hilarious meme.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
They both can't hate on the Cowboys. If only Michael Irvin was still there whew.

He ain't working everyday there so he still can do Club Shay as well. Not a bad gig

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
This will most likely be infinitely more watchable than the cringe inducing crap skip would do when he gets heated and starts personally attacking Shannon.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Maybe SAS can have Sean Hannity on for Wednesday - Friday in order to return the favor

-k4ek.qR4e.jpg

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Random thought, but I'm surprised SAS has gotten such a pass from people for being BFF's with Hannity. The man has made a career out of yelling out hot takes about athletes in predominantly black sports during the day and at night goes and yuks it up with a white supremacist on his show. He can go fuck himself.

Edit: I see you RBH

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Random thought, but I'm surprised SAS has gotten such a pass from people for being BFF's with Hannity. The man has made a career out of yelling out hot takes about athletes in predominantly black sports during the day and at night goes and yuks it up with a white supremacist on his show. He can go fuck himself.

Edit: I see you RBH
Yeah. He's trash.