ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
This is going to be the best CBM of 2019. Looks so good.

Releasing a month before Avengers 4...

giphy.gif

Nov 2, 2017
Fair play, this trailer made me chuckle and I liked the vibe. Whether it can sustain a whole move past the "kid, but big, figures out his powers" gag remains to be seen but so far this looks like it has potential.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Superman isn't really weak to magic. He just doesn't have any resistance to it. It affects him like it would a normal person.

I would call that a pretty big weakness, especially considering he's hyper resistant to everything else but kryptonite. Plus magic is much more malleable in its use than kryptonite, I'd argue it poses a bigger threat. Actually, now that I think about its MUCH more dangerous since he can straight up be blindsided by it. When superman gets near kryptonite there's always that "ugh I don't feel well..." Moment and he can still sorta get away depending on situation

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That looks refreshing as hell for DC.
What are good trades to read?
The only Cpt Marvel Shazam I've seen was black& white issue where he and other Marvel family were fighting Nazis on WW2 Bomber.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In Kingdom Come Shazam destroys Supes, it was an amazing moment.

Captain Marvel is a brainwashed puppet in Kingdom Come and Superman actually stands against his magic lightning several times and beats him in the end, making him wake up just to go in an unnecessary suicide run. I really don't get why people see that as a good scene for Captain Marvel at all.

Last edited:

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
That looks refreshing as hell for DC.
What are good trades to read?
The only Cpt Marvel Shazam I've seen was black& white issue where he and other Marvel family were fighting Nazis on WW2 Bomber.
This is distinctly based off of Geoff Johns' single New 52 book.

Superman/Shazam: First Thunder is also good but I don't know if its collected.

NateSnacks

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
That's not confirmed by anyone yet. Plus, that rumor started before the big DC shake up so things have probably shifted.
The script for Suicide Squad 2 has Black Adam as the "secret weapon". That's in the script. The Rock all but confirmed he is Black Adam. I suppose the shake up could change things but why?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Eh? Captain Marvel is a brainwashed puppet in Kingdom Come and Superman actually stands against his magic lightning several times and beats him in the end, making him wake up just to go in an unnecessary suicide run. I really don't get why people see that as a good scene for Captain Marvel at all.

I much prefer its spiritual followup:
Captain-Marvel-dc-comics-14289004-317-500.jpg

This is the man who saves Superman. I love it.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

DvergrBlod

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any talks how this is connected to other DC movies, is this just setting in same universe with no actual connections?

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Have they said anything about whether young Billy is suppose to grow up and look like the adult Shazam? Or will they just be two different bodies since we know in real life Asher Angel is not going to grow up to look identically to Zachary Levi. Hell, he may not even be that tall when fully grown.

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shazam was always a weird concept. Does that lightning break through whatever building he's in? So he has to suit up outside right

Zygnosis

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
This looks horrendous. Warner goes from one extreme to another: from grim Zack to goofy as shit children comedy.

Zygnosis

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, no. The problem with Zack's stuff isn't "it's too grim" , it's "Superman isn't grim" . This tone is exactly Shazam. You just don't like Shazam. Nothing wrong with that.

That's true. I didn't even know there was a Shazam before they announced the movie. I'm just not feeling this goofy stuff. It's like Big hit off with Disney Channel.

Will watch it of course.

Rade

The Fallen
Nov 13, 2017
Have they said anything about whether young Billy is suppose to grow up and look like the adult Shazam? Or will they just be two different bodies since we know in real life Asher Angel is not going to grow up to look identically to Zachary Levi. Hell, he may not even be that tall when fully grown.

Comic book wise, Billy doesn't turn into an adult version of himself, but into his father, or how he remembers him. Don't know if the films is gonna continue with that concept.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing a month before Avengers 4...

giphy.gif

They're especially fucked if Disney decides to move it up a week again. (I know, the window for Avengers 4 isn't as crowded as Infinity War with Disney's own pursuits, but, still.)

Looks real good though. I wouldn't mind it being pushed a month up.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Love it, Warner has hitted the ball of the park with Godzilla and Shazam.
Aquaman didnt look that bad either.

DDayton

Oct 27, 2017
Come on, Warner - do the right thing.

It's not too late to call him by his actual name - Captain Marvel.

Name the film after the Wizard, but don't "New 52" this on us.