• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which cover do you like more?

• English Cover

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • Japanese Cover

Votes: 443 67.7%
  • Their both good

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • Thor: Dark World

Votes: 39 6.0%

• Total voters
Mar 7, 2020
USA
English cover for TPB by Mike Mayhew
detail.jpg

English cover for #1 of the series
51D5QMWKzyL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Japanese cover
FQ6tNNpaUAE3yUq

Japanese cover is by Retsu Tateo, who did Full Metal Panic, Endless Eden and other series.

Thanks to deimosmasque for letting me know who did the English cover.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I don't know if the Japanese one fits the run, but for once the Japanese version is the less pervy version so that's the winner.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm incredibly biased but I like the Japanese one a lot more. It has a lot more character.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I like both but I think the japanese one portrays the less serious nature of the she-Hulk character better.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese cover is sick af

The English cover is just a cover, imo. Well done, but not anything unique

May 26, 2018
I like the Japanese cover. Gives a good sense of character. One side a (maybe goofy) attorney, the other a heroine whose personality isn't lost in her hulk form.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like the Japanese cover. It really plays into the fun side of being a superhero lawyer.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Is it the only cover for that collection? Has that series of issues been collected more than once? And in japanese?

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Which of these graphic novels would you be more likely to buy if you saw it on a book shelf?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I like the American cover for action but the jp cover is better in all the other parts

OP
OP
purplemonkey111
Mar 7, 2020
USA
Is it the only cover for that collection? Has that series of issues been collected more than once? And in japanese?

According to the store listing, only the Japanese version has the cover done by Tateo and it contains She Hulk: Single Green Female #1~6

シーハルク:シングル・グリーン・フィメール | ShoPro Books(小学館集英社プロダクション)|アメコミ(DC・マーベル)他

ハルクことブルース・バナーの従妹、ジェニファー・ウォルターズは敏腕弁護士。ある日、彼女はブルースから輸血を受けたことで、図らずもハルク化する能力を得てしまう。ジャニファーはその姿を気に入り、常にシーハルクの姿で日常を過ごしていた。以降、アベンジャーズの一員としてアベンジャーズ・マンションで暮らしていたが……

and I should make a poll >__>

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Of the two I like the variant better because the American cover is complete shit, but in general (and I am a lot of the time in favor of art and books with a less western style and more manga influence-style) I don't really like that style for She-Hulk. It's a default win for me.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Both are good. During that run, that first cover shows off the power, the other shows the comedic/fun side of She-Hulk. Plus, that first one is by Mike Mayhew, and he kinda did a lot of those She-Hulk covers showing her strength, like this one (I don't own many art prints, yet I do have one based on this cover):
Bu8dKYT.png

Jun 17, 2019
Wait wait wait...hold on, is this the collected run of Charles Soules run? Because the reason why they would go with the top over the Japanese cover comes down to how readers see She hulk and what will look good on a shelf. The Japanese cover would look good with manga, the English cover works well with other collectors trades.

The're both really amazing art.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
According to the store listing, only the Japanese version has the cover done by Tateo and it contains She Hulk: Single Green Female #1~6

シーハルク:シングル・グリーン・フィメール | ShoPro Books(小学館集英社プロダクション)|アメコミ(DC・マーベル)他

ハルクことブルース・バナーの従妹、ジェニファー・ウォルターズは敏腕弁護士。ある日、彼女はブルースから輸血を受けたことで、図らずもハルク化する能力を得てしまう。ジャニファーはその姿を気に入り、常にシーハルクの姿で日常を過ごしていた。以降、アベンジャーズの一員としてアベンジャーズ・マンションで暮らしていたが……

and I should make a poll >__>
I never saw this image as being the american cover to this particular collection, the one I remember is this:

It was her wikipedia picture for years.

Do you have any images of the one you psoted with printed details and text?

Besides that, in my opinion the cover from that time that best exemplifies the tone of the series is this one.

Cheeky, sexy,lawyery.

OP
OP
purplemonkey111
Mar 7, 2020
USA
I never saw this image as being the american cover to this particular collection, the one I remember is this:

It was her wikipedia picture for years.

Do you have any images of the one you psoted with printed details and text?

Besides that, in my opinion the cover from that time that best exemplifies the tone of the series is this one.

Cheeky, sexy,lawyery.

That's the cover that showed up on marvel's web site though while the Japane cover was retweeted by Tateo sensei and on shoppro's website

www.marvel.com

SHE-HULK VOL. 1: SINGLE GREEN FEMALE TPB (Trade Paperback)

Single Green Female, outgoing, intelligent, great sense of humor. Enjoys clubbing, dishing with gal-pals and saving the universe. Ready to put old issues behind and make a fresh start. Contact Jen ...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait...hold on, is this the collected run of Charles Soules run? Because the reason why they would go with the top over the Japanese cover comes down to how readers see She hulk and what will look good on a shelf. The Japanese cover would look good with manga, the English cover works well with other collectors trades.

The're both really amazing art.

It's the Slott run.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese one is less representative of the art style, but way closer to the general tone of the comic.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
That's the cover that showed up on marvel's web site though while the Japane cover was retweeted by Tateo sensei and on shoppro's website

www.marvel.com

SHE-HULK VOL. 1: SINGLE GREEN FEMALE TPB (Trade Paperback)

Single Green Female, outgoing, intelligent, great sense of humor. Enjoys clubbing, dishing with gal-pals and saving the universe. Ready to put old issues behind and make a fresh start. Contact Jen ...
That's the textless cover to issue six, which seems to only apply to the digital, Marvel Unlimited version.

The print version has the first cover I posted.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
If I was in a store on cover alone I would buy the Japanese one over the English one. The Japanese cover has personality beyond "oooh look I'm a strong super hero, bet you haven't seen that!"

Oct 29, 2017
Japanese one would be better without having her twice. Verging on movie poster trying to cram too much information rather than trusting the composition to get the message across.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the art style of the English one. I think it looks pretty ugly tbh.
Japanese one also isn't particularly unique but I think it's pretty good quality and I like it better.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Fancy cover art is always misleading, you open it and bam, different art style. feels bad :[

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It's one of those rare times where I find English cover better than the Japanese version.

Simple, straight, movement, context, very less crowded, etc.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese one is so cute, wow. Has way more personality. Has cameos in it. Lots of color. Is cute. And is cute c':

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about She Hulk but the japanese cover seems to say stuff about this character and convey who she is. The english one only tells me she's an angry green lady.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which of these graphic novels would you be more likely to buy if you saw it on a book shelf?
The first one made me think "oh superhero punches thing angrily" and the second one made me think "wait, she's also some kind of a businesswoman?" I don't know if any of these covers is actually representative of the contents, but the second one certainly made me more interested in the character.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
American: Oh, "Hulk smash!", but woman. And, unlike the male one, doesn't need pants.

Japan: This female Hulk has an office job? I want to know more.