Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
If anyone doesn't plan to use their code, please consider letting me use it.

I want to take so many screenshots and stream it and test raytracing shaders with it. Apparently I'm just below the $100 threshold :(

Going crazy thinking about how Shenmue 3 is literally being streamed right now on Twitch. ITS REAL.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone doesn't plan to use their code, please consider letting me use it.

I want to take so many screenshots and stream it and test raytracing shaders with it. Apparently I'm just below the $100 threshold :(

Going crazy thinking about how Shenmue 3 is literally being streamed right now on Twitch. ITS REAL.

Sheeeeeeeeit. I posted a giveaway this morning on my phone, didn't have time to search for this dedicated demo thread :/

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I am beyond satisfied after playing the demo. Japanese voice is so much more fluid and the combat grows on you over time. So much love put into this game on a small budget and to see what they are putting out is pretty amazing.

Raindammit

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
What laptop?

Also, what specs do people have around here?

Seeing what is needed to run this game before I maybe get a PC.

I'm on a RTX 2060 Super, i7 4790.

The game looks beautiful, I'm playing on 'Very High' settings, the highest you can go. Mostly locked at 60fps, with just a stutter here and there. GPU utilisation is never above 70% so I'm assuming the stutters are just optimisation issues, which is not unexpected given this is an early release. Here is the graphic settings menu:

s2urwvO.jpg

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
What a time to be alive. We are discussing pc game settings for Shenmue 3. Incredible :)

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the real final boss of this demo is the fifth Gold Duan at the dojo. He's hard to take down, haha. The more I use the combat the more I'm getting used to it. It definitely feels more challenging than previous Shenmue games, perhaps due to no throw button. Learning to block and time your scroll moves just right is key, especially along with double tapping to dodge at the right times. It does feel pretty rewarding though when you win against a tough opponent.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, thanks. I tried to enter but it said I have to participate more in the thread, so we'll see what happens in the next day or so.

I messed up! Sorry, there's a lurker setting enabled on that giveaway, only people with 5 posts or more in that thread can enter ( I didn't read properly, thought it referred to site-wide lurkers, rather than thread specific). I contacted staff, I will see If that can be changed. If not, I may just end cancelling and creating another one.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to have a code as well. Been waiting so incredibly long for this game, but unfortunately I only backed the game right below a $100 it seems.

Will go watch Youtube videos of the trial.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's really funny how this game looks 10 years old on the character model and animation front, and looks very clunky gameplay-wise, and yet we're all so excited because it's exactly what we want it to be. Can't wait to play this one!

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The environments are insanely good. If Shenmue IV gets an AAA budget (or at least higher than III), I cant even imagine how good it could look.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Man, what a fucking day. It's so surreal that this is even out. The fact it delivers is even more insane. So happy for the devs and for everyone waiting for this after all these years.

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
Man, the real final boss of this demo is the fifth Gold Duan at the dojo. He's hard to take down, haha. The more I use the combat the more I'm getting used to it. It definitely feels more challenging than previous Shenmue games, perhaps due to no throw button. Learning to block and time your scroll moves just right is key, especially along with double tapping to dodge at the right times. It does feel pretty rewarding though when you win against a tough opponent.
Ahh I got to the 5th but ran out of time! Deffo going back then :D Actually love the fighting, you are so right about choosing the right time to attack. I think it's due to a lack of quickstep, as you can't retreat quick enough like in S1/S2, means that you are committed to the attack. Done 3 playthroughs but am going to do another and work towards getting some more move scrolls :D

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Man love reading all these impressions. Can't wait.
Would appreciate a spare code if anyone has one.

Sep 28, 2018
Looks amazing!

I'm a huge Shenmue fan, have a large collection, used to run a website called ShenmueCampaign.com and I backed the game for £200 I believe. Can't believe it... So excited.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Can we offer up these codes for giveaway? I backed over $100 but I only have a PS4 so I won't be using it

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
question though, is there a way to save the demo? I have to go out and I don't want to lose my progress.

I believe I read no saves.

That surreal moment when someone nonchalantly gives their impressions of Shenmue 3. It's real. It's actually real.

I don't have a means of playing the trial even though I have a key (I think), so I'm just going to wait it out until release day, but to all those who Shenmue fans playing it, I hope it delivers for you.

Pass it along to someone. :)

that's cool but there is no PS4 demo yet? i only got a EGS key.
Wait, why is this EGS key? I backed the PS4 version.

PS4 doesn't get a demo.

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
I got sent a code even though I requested a refund lmao. I'm not gonna open it.

Game looks great though. I'll still be there day 1.
Yep, they said in the backer update regarding the trial, that everyone who backed over $100 will get the demo, regardless of if they choose a refund which is nice of them.

Glad you are still buying day 1 as well :D!

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yep, they said in the backer update regarding the trial, that everyone who backed over $100 will get the demo, regardless of if they choose a refund which is nice of them.

Glad you are still buying day 1 as well :D!

Yeah I figured if Epic is paying my portion may as well take that money and buy a new monitor

I actually had 2 different backings, one for $30 at the base game that I kept because I still want to play the game. If YsNet had to pay out of pocket for the refund i'd have just kept it.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Those screens look absolutely gorgeous! Holy crap, this game has come leaps and bounds from the initial reveal and subsequent trailers.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It easier for me to get a PS4 than a PC, so is it possible to change our backing still?

Fangamer makes it look so, but I just want to make sure.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Those screens... just think back to how the first vid looked at E3 2015. Funny what a few years will do to the graphics, its looking so good (those in the field especially look brilliant).

CovFan

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot what level tier I funded but it wasn't enough for the trial version.

Still looks amazing and I can't wait untill November 19th (Doubly because it's my birthday)

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
So it seems the full soundtrack from the full game is in these archives... Literally hundreds of tracks... Many are old (but in much higher quality than the original versions) and a lot are new too.

Oct 30, 2017
So it seems the full soundtrack from the full game is in these archives... Literally hundreds of tracks... Many are old (but in much higher quality than the original versions) and a lot are new too.
Just curious. Is it unusual to find this kind of data in a demo version of a game? Now I'm worried someone's going to somehow to get access to the full game like that Yakuza demo snafu from a while ago...

I am pretty excited to see everyone is coming away from this with some degree of positivity. But Is it just me or does some of the text in the notebook appear to go through the lines?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious. Is it unusual to find this kind of data in a demo version of a game? Now I'm worried someone's going to somehow to get access to the full game like that Yakuza demo snafu from a while ago...
So far I have only found music files as they are separate from the main package files. It's definitely not the full game but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some subtitle or voice files that have been left in that could obviously contain plot spoilers.