Dec 11, 2017
India
Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-To-Be-Delisted-From-eShop-This-June-Spiel-Times.jpg

www-atlus-co-jp.translate.goog

Nintendo Switch™『真・女神転生Ⅴ』(2021年11月11日発売)ダウンロード版及び配信コンテンツ販売終了のお知らせ | アトラス公式サイト

いつも『真・女神転生Ⅴ』をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。2021年11月11日に発売いたしました、Nintendo Switch™『真・女神転生Ⅴ』ダウンロード版につきまして...

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
I kinda sorta get removing it because vengeance is being released but removing the dlc is just bad.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I mean, I get it. They don't want people buying the wrong game or DLC by mistake.

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
I've seen people somehow accidentally buy the og Persona 5 instead of Royal when it came out so I guess this does make sense?

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
I mean, I get it. They don't want people buying the wrong game or DLC by mistake.

Most plausible reason, yeah.

I've seen people somehow accidentally buy the og Persona 5 instead of Royal when it came out so I guess this does make sense?

Couldn't they just apply a permanent discount to OG SMTV? That would make it clear that it's not the newer version to consumers.

I feel like that's what other publishers do most of the time.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It really feels like they are trying to replace the original release more than usual here. Like just a complete do over.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense to prevent confusion. If they left it up someone could search "Shin Megami Tensei V" and buy the wrong game.

Also for what it's worth, the original game 's DLC is in Vengeance for free. Vengeance has it's own new DLC.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I'm saying they should maybe do discounts on the old version rather than delist it to avoid confusion (if that is the reason, which I doubt)

Yeah, I understand what you meant and I probably wasn't clear. What I was saying is that Atlus doesn't really do any kind of discounting of their games when it comes to newer versions and updates. They would rather just funnel everyone to the newest version.

In this case it actually makes more sense than usual because Vengeance apparently does have the full unaltered version of the original SMTV as a separate path from my understanding. So there is, on paper, not much reason for this version of the game to exist since Vengence will eventually go on sale and so on.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
Yeah, I understand what you meant and I probably wasn't clear. What I was saying is that Atlus doesn't really do any kind of discounting of their games when it comes to newer versions and updates. They would rather just funnel everyone to the newest version.

In this case it actually makes more sense than usual because Vengeance apparently does have the full unaltered version of the original SMTV as a separate path from my understanding. So there is, on paper, not much reason for this version of the game to exist since Vengence will eventually go on sale and so on.
What is this based on exactly because Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei IV were discounted and this seems to be the first delisting like this.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
what about those with the original version that don't have the DLC? are they screwed?

JimLink

Oct 13, 2023
Delisting the DLC is bad. At least, since the old DLCs are free on Vengeance , Atlus should give them for free to the old users as well, before delisting them from the eshop.

CalZone

Nov 18, 2017
They should at least make it redeemable via the Nintendo vouchers. The previous version was, and Vengeance is listed in a voucher promo in the Discover tab on the store rn. Very lame.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
What is this based on exactly because Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei IV were discounted and this seems to be the first delisting like this.

They've never offered any kind of discount for an old version of a game based on the availability of a new version of said game. Persona 5 Royal didn't get any kind of discounting based on Persona 5 and vice versa. They were always treated as wholly separate things. SMT4 also never had an enhanced re-release.

Them choosing to delist probably has more to do with, again, Vengeance having the full original game available already

Seaneko

Jun 11, 2020
California
Thankfully I almost never care enough to buy DLC for Atlus' games, extra demons/missions/boosters really don't do much for me. That might change with the Answer DLC for Reload though.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I can understand, Vengeance literally includes the original Game plus a "new one". But delisting the DLC is not something I can agree with. You are basically penalizing owners of the first game.

Makes sense to prevent confusion. If they left it up someone could search "Shin Megami Tensei V" and buy the wrong game.

Also for what it's worth, the original game 's DLC is in Vengeance for free. Vengeance has it's own new DLC.
Not exactly. The 3 mitama DLC are not included and are listed again separately for Vengeance. A bit greedy on their side.