• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panquequera

Feb 8, 2021
I love kaneko, he's one of my favorite artist but doi is my second favorite of the atlus artists and I pretty much dig his designs a lot, I do kind of dislike his female demons (at best they are pretty boring) but the non female demons and the humans are all pretty cool (my only exception is finn I hate his fucking helmet hair haircut >_>)

Also I'm sorry his Zeus and Satan are both cool as hell, like I still love six pair of titties satan but c'mon

how can anyone say SMTV is better than Nocturne with a straight face 😭

I mean gameplay wise at least yeah I do think V is way better than Nocturne

The only thing I think Nocturne has over V is the story and characters are more entertaining to watch and the atmosphere and use of more stylized lighting/color palettes (but even then I still love the way V looks visually a lot).

Also as someone that replayed nocturne not that long ago 90% of the dungeons of the game are kind of awful, following that shitty and not fun dinamic of "take a step, get teleported to another random place, take another step, get teleporter to another random place" until you find the correct path (or read a guide)

Jun 24, 2019
His Satan redesign (STOP GIVING THINGS POINTS FOR LEGS: snip

My ranking of Doi demons would be

Bad: Lucifer, Satan, Zeus, Demeter, Mermaid, Inanna, Mitra-Buddha, Tsukuyomi, Dagda, Danu, Aogami Susan-no, Khonsu-Ra, Tao's Goddess of Creation, Shesha, Amanozako, Artemis

Neutral: Idunn, Aitviras, Cleopatra, Fallen Abdiel, Chironnup

Inaccurate but good: Abdiel, Khonsu, Odin, Lahmu, Krishna

Good: Fionn mac Cumhaill, Nuwa (all three), Hydra, Loup-Garou, Anahita, Shekinah, Adramalech, Hayataro, Kaya-no-Hime, Sophia, Sukuna-Hikona, Gustave, Angel, Daemon, Mephisto, Miman

Most excellent Doi demons...

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

RIP Doi concept demons...

16+Inanna+concept+1.jpg

24+Cleopatra+concept.jpg

CH_Chironup+concept.jpg

17+Shesha_A+concept.jpg

9+Adramelech+concept.jpg

7+Miroku+concept+2.jpg

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

tbh this is a flop for me because the hair looks too much like Flynn in a helmet, like if this hadn't been introduced in a game where Flynn already exists it'd be fine but

i'm fine with this version of chironnupu not making the cut because even though this is traditional ainu clothing (or at least meant to be evocative of it i'm not an expert on ainu clothing), it does feel a bit too derivative of koropokkuro

TimeKillr

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah I'm a staunch SH2 apologist. SH2 is a game where the combat is predicated on restrictions and economy. You only have 4 turns. Demon switching is limited and forces commitment. Demon fusion is expensive and skill slots are limited. Big abilities are placed on cooldowns that can become quite lengthy. More control over sabbath skills depends on tolerating a lower demon pool. Every character has some aspects which are up to the player, and other aspects which are innate, and you'll always be navigating that tension of to what extent do you want to pursue sabbath stacks via either. The encounter design complements this superbly, with bosses that make your sub-objectives for sabbath stacks more difficult to achieve, or you have to think about how to achieve them in different ways, or have certain mechanical phases that leverage more situational abilities or force unconventional strategies. In press turn it's never a question. If you can hit a weakness you should basically always hit that weakness.

Contrast all of this to SMTV, which takes the already rote loop of press-turn, and then both gives you tools to always hit a weakness regardless, and always make your opponent skip their turn with the gems and dampeners, and then make all demons completely interchangeable with the essence system, and the magatsuhi system which makes every turn a press turn and I'm like....

But I think in general, games which give a lot of tools to players and then let them do whatever they want tend to be more well received than games which give the player a much more restrictive toolset and then ask them to optimize within said confines. Its why I make the dodge cancel action game comparison -- having a powerful tool that can be used reactively to basically all incoming damage feels good and is more appealing I think for most people than having to learn less conventional or unintuitive ways of cancelling actions, and you kind of see that borne out in the relative popularity of different veins of action games.

I'm quite sad SH2 isn't more popular. I get why - the Soul Matrix is quite boring for people (I enjoyed it, but I took it as it is, pure dungeon crawling without special visuals and I don't care) but their combat system is extremely good. Like you said, to be really successful, you need to balance out a ton of stuff, and you need to accept being non optimal. I loved it, I loved the story, I loved the combat, the characters, etc. It's a great game to me, and I hope people turn around to it like they did (eventually!) with DDS where at launch it was being panned but folks eventually discovered the beauty of it and all of a sudden it's popular again.

SH2 has some of the best encounter design specifically like you mentioned BECAUSE their fighting system is more limited, therefore more predictable by the developers, which means better tailored encounters.

To be fair though I'm a massive SMT fanboy, and I've played everything I could get my hands on and loved all of them, but I understand they are different games with different mechanics and twists on their combat.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we get Krishna and Maitreya this time. Wasn't there something about Krishna in the files in the actual game like there was about Dagda? I remember how weird it was that we got Danu and not Dagda, but now we're getting Dagda....as paid DLC.

Justice for SMTIV Minotaur, one of the best guest demons (by Tomotsu Shinohara, with work on Kamen Rider on his resume):

latest

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Just to be clear, when people talk about "Doi's Lucifer", they mean the final boss in SMT V, right? Not his design in IV, because that wasn't by Doi (though he did touch it up and make it a BIT better in IV Apoc). In regards to the final boss version in V, I don't love it myself but I do think it's an interesting idea to make Lucifer's final form more robotic, since that's a common design theme amongst the angels of this series.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
c8UCqvs.jpeg
7pEtGPl.png

That moment when you, a queen, come across another queen, and discuss how best to maximise your joint slay

DLFB

Feb 4, 2023
Jezebel>>>>
Jezebel_full.png

When Kaneko's good, he's unmatched. I don't know why Atlus is not using Jezebel again for their modern title. Waste of a fantastic art.

My problem with doi is that he just doesn't stand out like the other two atlus artist does. Like he's technically sound but he isn't this savant like kaneko or soejima. TBH i feel like like soejima would have done a better job at taking up the mantle and would have done it in a quickness. Just hearing him talk about art lets me know he got a lot more in him than just what you see in persona and metaphor.

My issue with the Doi designs lies with the waifu-fication of a lot of the female demon designs. You can see it clearly in the above post that highlighted some egregious examples, but if someone told me that most of those designs were from a random gacha game I wouldn't bat an eye. That Cleopatra design in particular makes my eyes roll right out of my skull, it's just anonymous. I find a lot of his designs to be cool, but some of them really tip the scale over into full pandering mode. I just think Kaneko has a stronger POV as an artist and I don't think it's fair to boil down Doi criticism just to old men yelling into clouds.
You can tell it's not JUST him but people at the top telling him to do it.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still mad Atlus shot down Goth Maid Cafe Mermaid and we ended up with that pedo version instead

And they just keep shoving her in our fucking faces

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Doi has some real fucking amazing designs, he also has some mehh and pretty shit ones. His output is definitely a lot smaller and less consistent than Kaneko was, but I still like a lot of his work. Generally the more human ones are pretty outstanding, along with a handful of more abstract ones, but generally he's pretty weak on the more monstrous ones. Plus creepy/gross child demons.

Either way I wish Atlus would invest in a large sweep of brand new designs for a lot of demons. It's been like 20 years since we last had a major revamp of a lot of designs when previously they had like 2/3 different eras of demon designs. But since then we've only gotten a handful at most with new designs, but nothing really major. Granted it's a lot harder now when dealing with 3D models instead of 2D sprites, but a lot of older demons could use a refresh.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Doi has some real fucking amazing designs, he also has some mehh and pretty shit ones. His output is definitely a lot smaller and less consistent than Kaneko was, but I still like a lot of his work. Generally the more human ones are pretty outstanding, along with a handful of more abstract ones, but generally he's pretty weak on the more monstrous ones. Plus creepy/gross child demons.

Either way I wish Atlus would invest in a large sweep of brand new designs for a lot of demons. It's been like 20 years since we last had a major revamp of a lot of designs when previously they had like 2/3 different eras of demon designs. But since then we've only gotten a handful at most with new designs, but nothing really major. Granted it's a lot harder now when dealing with 3D models instead of 2D sprites, but a lot of older demons could use a refresh.
If they were to replace all the old Kaneko art with more Doi art this conversation right now would be a lot more over the top. People would lose their shit. I think it's best that we keep how we've been, where a lot of the old ones stay the same so the series keeps the Kaneko flavor, and we just update the ones that are going to play a role in the story. New demons with new Doi art is better than slowly removing Kaneko from this series, for everyone involved.

That said, there are SO many Kaneko demons from the old games that have been absent for over a decade now. The Devil Summoner games, including the Raidou ones, have so many weird fuckers that people forget. And if you go further back, there's tons of weird stuff in II that would be fun to see come back. We've been mostly cycling through the same old stuff in the HD era. Few new ones every game, of course, but I'd love to see a game that has a BUNCH of new Doi demons and a BUNCH of old forgotten Kaneko ones together. lol

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Doi has some real fucking amazing designs, he also has some mehh and pretty shit ones. His output is definitely a lot smaller and less consistent than Kaneko was, but I still like a lot of his work.
I still can't believe kaneko did a ton of designs for devil summoner, only to throw almost all of them out 2 years later for the sequel. We're talking hundreds of designs in a few years, on top of the character designs he was doing (and he designed the persona 1 and 2 characters too around the same time). He must have been working flat out.

That said, there are SO many Kaneko demons from the old games that have been absent for over a decade now. The Devil Summoner games, including the Raidou ones, have so many weird fuckers that people forget. And if you go further back, there's tons of weird stuff in II that would be fun to see come back. We've been mostly cycling through the same old stuff in the HD era. Few new ones every game, of course, but I'd love to see a game that has a BUNCH of new Doi demons and a BUNCH of old forgotten Kaneko ones together. lol
One of my favourite designs from soul hackers is La Llorona. And its still exclusive to that game other than card summoner on gameboy. I think it was in Dx2 but what isn't in that game.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If they were to replace all the old Kaneko art with more Doi art this conversation right now would be a lot more over the top. People would lose their shit. I think it's best that we keep how we've been, where a lot of the old ones stay the same so the series keeps the Kaneko flavor, and we just update the ones that are going to play a role in the story. New demons with new Doi art is better than slowly removing Kaneko from this series, for everyone involved.

Whether they're new demons entirely or refreshed ones is fine by me. Same if they're bring back older designs that never saw 3D iterations. As much as some of the designs are iconic and great it is nice to get some variety in their depictions. To me at least, SMT fans are going to lose their shit now matter over something. I do love a ton of the SMTII designs, so whether it's something new and totally fresh, or something old and not seen for a long time that works for me. It's just a bit sad to see how the series went through several major revisions of dozens and dozens of demons and then they just kind of stopped and have largely just added a couple new demons here and there and same for updating a very select few for certain games, but on the whole the majority of the catalogue has been pretty stagnant for 20 years.
I still can't believe kaneko did a ton of designs for devil summoner, only to throw almost all of them out 2 years later for the sequel. We're talking hundreds of designs in a few years, on top of the character designs he was doing (and he designed the persona 1 and 2 characters too around the same time). He must have been working flat out.

One of my favourite designs from soul hackers is La Llorona. And its still exclusive to that game other than card summoner on gameboy. I think it was in Dx2 but what isn't in that game.

Yeah his output is insane, both in quantity and quality. It's an impossible task for anyone else to live up to that, which sucks, but Kaneko is a true anomaly.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017

We're clearly getting a lot of demons not seen in a decade or more in more recent games. Soul Hackers 2 had a ton of Kaneko demons with no prior 3D appearances outside of NINE and Dx2. SMTV:V has a few faces I was shocked to see, like Devil Summoner Cherub has NEVER been in any game other than Devil Summoner and it's in Vengeance.

Some really good picks we got in SH2, some of which we saw in Vengeance so far like Turbo Granny and Halphas.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I wonder how much of the Doi vs Kaneko stuff is some people (including me) preferring the 90's artstyle Kaneko look as opposed to the more modern "clean" Doi look which is fine, good even, but clashes a bit with the old stuff.

Also, going off the sketches posted earlier, Doi is capable of making more classic / mythologically correct (not necessarily better) designs but that doesn't seem to be what's finally approved, idk who's calling the final shots here.

(kaneko draws a gnostic angel that was mentioned once in a fragmentary apocryphal book as an 80s glam rocker with visible genitalia) this is actually a genius reference to how this demon was popularly invoked in early medieval egyptian manuscripts for love potions, and musicians in 800s alexandria were known to sell those. he has a cock ring because you summoned him with a magic circle

(doi draws a mythological being as a mean scary guy with horrifying chimeric nature) no clue what this idiot was even going for. also a poem from 200bc refers to this figure as radiant and fair but doi drew them with dark hair; i've already sent this information to the police so they can arrest this fraud

Lmao

Iunno, not how I read that. His solution was a child, rather than it needed to be a child. Either way, it comes back in SMT V where it has no plot justification.

Would you apply this same standard to someone saying they liked those designs? I linked the Inanna discussion - you can find similar ones for most of these because folks are really into the (generally very high quality) demon designs of the series.

I just think the pointy feet look stupid/don't make sense (Doi has issues with boots and feet occasionally), and his Satan as a whole is a bit bland. And y'know what's funny? It's probably more accurate than Kaneko's for once, but /shrug.

What did swerving with lingerie Abdiel achieve? Why doesn't Aitvaras look like a Digimon to you? Why didn't you write anything about Amanozako either?

It's fine if we disagree, but I guess some of your complaints about my complaints feel nitpicky to me >.>

EDIT: Kaneko has his share of duds too. His Artemis is clad in boob pouches. It's - I shit you not - something that actually has a source (Ephesian Artemis), but it's still a pretty goofy/dumb design. His baseline is just way better though.

He has some notes on the Satan feet in the design notes. Either way it's not that egregious.

I don't like how negative SMT V makes me and I don't want to shit up the thread any longer, so I'll leave alone now y'all >.<

You need to stop hating bruh and accept SMTV and Doi into your kokoro

Last edited:

ShinkuTachi

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 29, 2017
To help deal with some of the confusion that's still in the thread about what this game is and isn't. I found some clean bullet-points at RPG Site & Noisy Pixel. Hopefully the thread and people in it, will find it helpful:
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance includes both the original story of SMTV as well as a new route. The original route is called "Canon of Creation" while the new route is "Canon of Vengeance". You decide which route to take at the beginning of the game.
  • The new "Canon of Vengeance" route is said to still follow the scenario of the original, but with significant changes in the middle and end stages of the story.
  • The two routes have completely different endings.
  • SMT V: Vengeance adds four new female demons known as the Qaditsu, who are important characters in the new route. The leader is named Lilith.
  • A new character in Canon of Vengeance is named Yoko Hiromine, who adventures with the protagonist.
  • SMT V: Vengeance is said to have "a new Da'at, a new dungeon, and other new features for smoother Da'at exploration.'
  • There are numerous new quests.
  • There are over 40 new demons.
  • You can interact with your ally demons.
  • There is an enhanced auto-battle system.
  • According to Atlus, the average playtime for one route in Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance is 80 hours, so completing both routes is expected to be around 160 hours.
  • Four DLC packs from the original release of Shin Megami Tensei V are now included in the standard version
  • New DLCs are announced
  • Level Cap Unlock – When certain conditions are met, the protagonist and your demon allies will be able to level up to 150.
  • Speeding up Skill Cutscenes – Normal, 2x, Max, and Skip will be available. Skipping by conventional operation is also possible.
  • Miracles ON/OFF Function – You will be able to turn ON/OFF certain parts of the Miracles from the Status screen.
  • Reallocation of the Protagonist's Stats – Addition of an item that allows you to reset the stats points of the Protagonist.
  • Rotation of the Minimap – Previously, the minimap was fixed to face North. Rotation function has been added as an option.
  • Save Anywhere – Saving was only available in the Leyline Founts. Anywhere Save is now added.
  • Multi-Usage of Consumable Growth Items – Consumable items like Grimoire/Gospel, Incense, Scripture, and Glory Crystals will be able to be consumed in batches now.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Famitsu interview with Director Komori and Artist Doi. It's not... particularly more informative than what we already knew. I think the only official confirmation we have is that the mechanical changes being made will effect the Canon of Creation as well.

Famitsu: Please tell us why this is happening
Komori: There was a lot of positive feedback for V at first, but as players got further into the game they got a lot less positive on it.
Doi: For example, folks liked the 3D demon models, but wished there was a greater number of demons.

Famitsu: I mean your stable of 3D demon models continues to steadily increase anyway. But also: This seems like it's more than just improvements to the base game here.
Komori: There was a lot of stuff going on in V, but we really didn't elaborate or explore a lot of it because it wasn't, like, super important to the core story. So Vengeance started as a way to sort of explore those elements.

Famitsu: You have to pick Vengeance or Creation at the beginning.
Komori: Yeah. Even if you haven't played Vanilla, you can go ahead and play Canon of Vengeance. Both stories share the same beginning, but as the game goes on, you'll see changes in events, conversations, and locales. You'll definitely be able to notice the stories diverging as the game goes on, even though they have the same setting.

Famitsu: Why did you choose the theme of Vengeance?
Komori: (Basically repeats the stuff about the Bull God and Snake God motif in mythology from the Special Presentation). Doi and the planning team then suggested what sort of demons would be appropriate for this story.

Famitsu: And the big ones being the Qaditsu. The name is probably unfamiliar to our readers, what can you tell us about you interpreted them in this project.
(Note: Famitsu dot com has excluded the answer, wherein Doi talks about the demons and new characters, and Komori talks about new mechanics, from the website in an effort to get folks to buy the magazine and read the interview there. The interview will be published in the March 14th issue of Famitsu, which releases on February 29th)

Famitsu: So are all of these mechanical changes in both routes?
Komori: Yes. Although the scenario of Canon of Creation has not been altered, the mechanics are the same as those introduced for Canon of Vengeance.

Famitsu: Please give your closing statements.
Doi: Fans have been waiting for a while, but we're finally ready to release a new project. We've created a dark and bitter story that emphasizes the Megaten Vibes, full of interesting demons.
Komori: We're really emphasizing the demons this time 'round, including with mechanics we haven't yet revealed. I think the game is good this time, please look forward to it.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
"I think the game is good this time" is a really funny statement for a dev to give in an interview, I get that it's probably just awkwardly translated tho

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I saw people today talking about waiting on Atlus releases to play enhanced edition. What do you guys do for a new Atlus RPG like say, Persona 6? I think I already fell into their trap and settled with playing them on the OG release and then doing a replay for the new version. The years in between releases help make the new playthrough not feel so bad.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
"I think the game is good this time" is a really funny statement for a dev to give in an interview, I get that it's probably just awkwardly translated tho

he didn't actually say that, the actual direct translation is basically "I think the end result (of all the changes and tweaks we've made) is something I can confidently recommend to fans" which is just very standard "please look forward to it" speak, but in the context of how SMTV was received and them speaking (relatively) openly about feedback they received, it feels very funny to be like "i would actually recommend this version of the game to fans"

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm fine with Doi's demon art usually (with few exceptions), his character design was pretty boring in SMTV though, I felt.
His best work is still the Trauma Center series.

Jun 24, 2019

Famitsu interview with Director Komori and Artist Doi. It's not... particularly more informative than what we already knew. I think the only official confirmation we have is that the mechanical changes being made will effect the Canon of Creation as well.

Much appreciation that they listened to fan's feedback. Going by interviews and trailer, Tao, Sahori and Yuzuru might play a bigger role in Vengeance.

I predict Tao is the endgame boss; her final form is Astarte.

To help deal with some of the confusion that's still in the thread about what this game is and isn't. I found some clean bullet-points at RPG Site & Noisy Pixel. Hopefully the thread and people in it, will find it helpful:
  • Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance includes both the original story of SMTV as well as a new route. The original route is called "Canon of Creation" while the new route is "Canon of Vengeance". You decide which route to take at the beginning of the game.
  • The new "Canon of Vengeance" route is said to still follow the scenario of the original, but with significant changes in the middle and end stages of the story.
  • The two routes have completely different endings.
  • SMT V: Vengeance adds four new female demons known as the Qaditsu, who are important characters in the new route. The leader is named Lilith.
  • A new character in Canon of Vengeance is named Yoko Hiromine, who adventures with the protagonist.
  • SMT V: Vengeance is said to have "a new Da'at, a new dungeon, and other new features for smoother Da'at exploration.'
  • There is an enhanced auto-battle system.
  • According to Atlus, the average playtime for one route in Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance is 80 hours, so completing both routes is expected to be around 160 hours.
  • Four DLC packs from the original release of Shin Megami Tensei V are now included in the standard version
  • New DLCs are announced
  • Level Cap Unlock – When certain conditions are met, the protagonist and your demon allies will be able to level up to 150.
  • Speeding up Skill Cutscenes – Normal, 2x, Max, and Skip will be available. Skipping by conventional operation is also possible.
  • Miracles ON/OFF Function – You will be able to turn ON/OFF certain parts of the Miracles from the Status screen.
  • Reallocation of the Protagonist's Stats – Addition of an item that allows you to reset the stats points of the Protagonist.
  • Rotation of the Minimap – Previously, the minimap was fixed to face North. Rotation function has been added as an option.
  • Save Anywhere – Saving was only available in the Leyline Founts. Anywhere Save is now added.
  • Multi-Usage of Consumable Growth Items – Consumable items like Grimoire/Gospel, Incense, Scripture, and Glory Crystals will be able to be consumed in batches now.

Good
Fantastic
Even more fantastic

Shadow of the Da'at

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
I saw people today talking about waiting on Atlus releases to play enhanced edition. What do you guys do for a new Atlus RPG like say, Persona 6? I think I already fell into their trap and settled with playing them on the OG release and then doing a replay for the new version. The years in between releases help make the new playthrough not feel so bad.

I'll play the original version and the enhanced release because I generally really like Atlus games. I don't consider it a "trap" to buy games that I'm interested in and I also enjoy replaying games. Other people can wait for the re-release or only buy re-releases at a discount or boycott ever Atlus game ever made, it's their time and money, I don't care.

I'd be much less willing to play the original versions if they weren't quality releases in their own right though. SMT5 was a lot rougher than most of the stuff they put out now but it was the exception rather than the norm and a lot of it was largely due to development issues that hopefully won't be reoccurring going forward (development hell, switching directors, a global pandemic). If it became the standard to release half-baked games like the original SMT5 only to fix them later then yeah I would be pissed off and would either just wait for the re-release or stop playing the games.

Should also mention that I'm not a big SMT5 hater or anything, I still enjoyed a lot about the game even though certain aspects greatly disappointed me (the story and characters). I am feeling optimistic about Vengeance from what we've heard so far and want to check out the technical improvements on non-Switch hardware so I'm most likely going to pick up the game on PS5.

Sep 14, 2019
So, if I bought V a couple of years ago and haven't played it yet, am I better off just getting and playing Vengeance instead?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
While I get the frustration of making you pay full price for the enhanced re-release, I also feel people ignore the fact that those that played the original got to play the game almost three years before Vengeance. I played the game at launch, and while I'm slightly annoyed at full price, I'm my too bent out of shape about it having played it over two years ago.

So, if I bought V a couple of years ago and haven't played it yet, am I better off just getting and playing Vengeance instead?
You might as well wait at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
All this says is what we knew that a lot of the underwhelming parts of V were largely from them really establishing the first HD SMT game and first "refresh" of the 3D games since the PS2 games. Now that they have plenty of demons, and some level of grasp on UE, they can go forward much smoother.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I'm looking at the Japanese SMTVengence website and I see a Demon that looks like the main character mixed with a Jack Frost. A Nahobino Jack if you will.

As for Special Editions. I wouldn't mind another Steel book. The original version Steel Book was kind of nice.

Still can't believe we'll have 4 major Atlus RPG releases this year. It's totally wild. P3R, Unicorn Overlord (well technically a Vanillaware game), SMTV:V, and Metaphor: ReFantazio.

Have we had any other year been blessed with SO MUCH Atlus? I cannot recall.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Would a new route imply more music tracks? I need more tracks with that distortion effect they used in the SMTV main theme.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAifAnai6s

They said new music so we will definitely get more Kozuka bangers. (I think he surpassed Meguro back in SMTIV but that's my hot take)
I'm looking at the Japanese SMTVengence website and I see a Demon that looks like the main character mixed with a Jack Frost. A Nahobino Jack if you will.

As for Special Editions. I wouldn't mind another Steel book. The original version Steel Book was kind of nice.

Still can't believe we'll have 4 major Atlus RPG releases this year. It's totally wild. P3R, Unicorn Overlord (well technically a Vanillaware game), SMTV:V, and Metaphor: ReFantazio.

Have we had any other year been blessed with SO MUCH Atlus? I cannot recall.
I'm glad they eventually gave SMTV it's own Jack variant. The original game had the Doi version of Jack Frost that I counted, but Naheehobino (that's that I am calling him until I get that official name) seems like a real unique variant.

It's kind of wild that Nocturne's jack variant was actually Black Frost.

Status
Not open for further replies.