• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
So Control is on gamepass, but that's the standard edition. A next gen patch is coming in January, but its ultimate edition exclusive. Its unclear wether the patch will come to gamepass, but most signs point to no. Should I just play the one s version on series s?

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
If you want to play it soon, play it.

I am personally holding off for now. I will either play the next gen version on Series X GamePass (if it comes eventually, IIRC, Ultimate Edition) or get it for like $10 if it gets that low.

If I run out of games before then (haha...) I will play the last gen version on GP.

The current GP version isn't likely to get the next gen patch. The next gen version may never come to GP or 6-12+ months down the line.

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
Yeah the standard version is still great. You can always buy the ultimate version if you decide you want to play the DLC anyway

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The game will take a while to leave GP and the upgrade is slated to early 2021, so I would wait if I were you. See if the upgrades are worth it.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Just play it already since you have a Series S. I'm playing on the Series X currently and its already really good. load times are fast as well. The next gen version won't be all that different unless you need near instant load times and 60 fps.