• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2017
My xbox one x is quite loud, specially when playing X enhanced games, and I just need to know if the volume is normal before I return it to the shops. it's not my first X1X and I don't recall it being this loud before

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
That's certainly louder than mine but not by a great deal. I wonder, have you perceived any artifacts or graphical issues of any type?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
mine does that occassionally. But most of the time its whisper quiet.

get whatever the hell that gun they use at gamestop is. That they plug into the wall and blow into the fan of the consoles ur trading in. Thats usually the problem right. dust

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
No it plays fine, no issues at all other than the noise.
I really wouldn't worry about it then. It could merely be that your fans have packed on a bit of extra weight from the dust it's inevitably going to be moving around when playing games that turn up the Temps, so to speak. I'd say it's almost certainly nothing to worry about, and if it continues to bother you just clean your fans with alcohol and they'll probably be a bit more quiet.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
I really wouldn't worry about it then. It could merely be that your fans have packed on a bit of extra weight from the dust it's inevitably going to be moving around when playing games that turn up the Temps, so to speak. I'd say it's almost certainly nothing to worry about, and if it continues to bother you just clean your fans with alcohol and they'll probably be a bit more quiet.
Sound, cheers.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm usually quite close to my X and I typically can't hear it unless it's installing from a disc.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Can someone help me identify what these error codes mean? Already tried resetting to default several times and complete factory reset.

9w29VVx_d.jpg

bRtTWYl_d.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Mine was pretty loud especially for games like RDR2. It was still in warranty when I sent it in to get fixed and now it is silent. There wasn't anything else wrong with it.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mine was pretty loud especially for games like RDR2. It was still in warranty when I sent it in to get fixed and now it is silent. There wasn't anything else wrong with it.

Yeah same for me. Trying to listen to the dialogue in RDR2 was the last straw for me and I sent it back for repair. Much better now.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I have two XB1Xs

I've sent both multiple times to MS and they have always just "factory reset" them
...which, i dont know if thats bullshit but they always come back silent again, so I'm at a loss.
I dont know if maybe the OS/bios or something dictating fan RPM goes out of whack or what

But yeah, just send it in to MS. Usually a 12-14 turnaround total if its in warranty

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
My X was virtually silent but now I can occasionally hear fan noise (not too loud though)... I have a feeling it may be dust build up, has anyone who has had this successfully used compressed air or similar to fix this problem or is it just a case of factory reset as above?

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
So I took it into the store, and they tested it and said it was working fine for them, so I've brought it home and it was booting up. Tried to install a 360 game, and a download game, and they downloaded a little then went to 'installation stopped' even though the internet connection tests fine, and Xbox live is fine too. I've no idea what the issue is?

Feb 10, 2018
CormoranStrike
I've been through 4 1x's
All of them have noticlbe fan noise when 4k gaming and less.

So seeing as I've been through 4 systems I've just come to accept that some batches use different fans.

If you download a sound monitoring app on your phone and place the phone on top of your console while playing and x1 enhanced game like gears 4 or fortnite,it will be useful.

All 4 of mine were 30-40 dB under 4k load.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
My X is pretty quiet. When it was brand new it was pretty much inaudible, now I hear it softly pushing air out (but it might be because I'm using it somewhere else).

My PS4 was very loud for a while and it got much better once I opened it up and re-applied some good thermal paste.

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
Once I started getting the error codes, I checked on reddit and was obliged to return the console, as apparently it meant the hard drive was busted.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My X is whisper silent, amazing piece of hardware especially compared with PS4 (have had all three models and they're loud!).

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't own an X, so I'm not too helpful here, but that doesn't sound normal. They've all been whisper quiet in person and in videos in my experience

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found this thread looking for noisy one x. My launch Scorpio unit started to be very noisy (doom eternal ). I don't want to risk to open it it's a Scorpio unit and I know if I send it to repair somehow I will get a « classic » one :x

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Found this thread looking for noisy one x. My launch Scorpio unit started to be very noisy (doom eternal ). I don't want to risk to open it it's a Scorpio unit and I know if I send it to repair somehow I will get a « classic » one :x
That is the drawback when a limited edition is sent for repair. And that should be avoided. It makes no sense at all.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Call support and ask if that would be the case and if they can do anything about it.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
It could just be Doom really pushing it. Mine is quiet apart from playing RDR2 which ramps up the fan after a bit of play time.