• Yes

Votes: 777 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 792 50.5%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine if Nintendo did a full blown expansion of Ocarina of Time in a remake like what Square did for the Midgar section of Final Fantasy VII Remake. Would they do it though? Nintendo doesn't seem to do those kinds of remakes as Link's Awakening Remake is just that a full blown remake, just fixing the controls and such.

But it'd be nice to dream.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see a more faithful rerelease like the 3DS one and have them focus on developing new games.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Nintendo should hold off on these type of non-cel shaded remakes until they significantly upgrade their console

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They already remade it less than a decade ago.

It can wait another decade. Also OOT doesn't need more content. It's perfect as it is.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
based on those mario 30th anniversary rumors id expect we get something next year. id be perfectly happy with an uprezzed port of the 3ds game though. that games aged pretty well so i dont think to much has to be done for it

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
They'd remake it in HD but in an artstyle a majority of people would despise.

Nah, just keep porting it console to console ad nauseum as is.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, we could go for a full blown remake.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer they just make a new game. FF7 needed to be a remake because Square can't recapture that magic otherwise. Nintendo still kills it with Zelda, so they should focus on new games. OoT is also perfectly playable as is.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
No, it would a massive project, invest those resources in a new Zelda instead. They take long enough to make as it is.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Ocarina is in desperate need of a Remake. It's one of the few titles that I think can be really polished out while maintaining its scale & scope. It's ugly as sin in 2020, and for as tiny as Hyrule Field is, it's absolutely barren. There's little-to-no reason to actually traverse Hyrule Field because there's nothing there. Fast travel with the Ocarina is a godsend because otherwise, what are you going to do - jog across that grass desert? Ride your horse across that desert and hunt the four ghosts the haunt it? Remaking Ocarina to same size but really polishing it out, having creative enemy encounters that aren't just Z-target "wait forever" battles, and reworking temple traversal could make for an incredible game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't see what one has to do with the other.

And I'd rather hope Nintendo would not split a game up á la FFVII.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just port the 3DS one. I rather see the resources being used on new Zelda projects instead.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just do an HD remaster of the 3DS version. You're going to get much more diminishing returns compared to the FF7 remake, modern Zelda still plays very much like OOT.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I'd prefer they just make a new game. FF7 needed to be a remake because Square can't recapture that magic otherwise. Nintendo still kills it with Zelda, so they should focus on new games. OoT is also perfectly playable as is.

Yeah, I mean of course I'd love and buy a remaster / remake.. but I don't want the main teams on this at all. Totally different situations.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
If Miyamoto and co. wanted to put in all the scrapped ideas re: time changes, masks, etc. and release an updated version I wouldn't be opposed, but I'd also prefer new Zeldas.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but in four episodes
first part ends when he yanks the master sword
You're not thinking enough like Square Enix.

Firs part ends when Link first gets to Hyrule Field. Before that it's 30 hours of exposition-providing sidequests that provide more "context" on Saria, how she came up with her song, the Deku Tree's family of sproutlings, why Link never thought to side-strafe without Navi helping him, where Navi comes from and why she only says "Hey! Listen" (it's because those were the last words she ever heard from her father on his deathbed) why Mido is a jerk to you and the backstory and motivations of Gohma.

Don't even get me started on the surprise "twist" of the ending!

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
Most Zelda games are remakes of each other anyways, due to following the LTTP structure. Like, what is even wanted? The OOT story told in the BOTW engine? The story in Zelda games are flimsy enough as is that adding significantly to them might as well just call it a new game and story?

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat but I imagine a Ocarina 3D port but in HD with full 1080p upgraded textures, etc would be fine too. Double pack it with Majora's Mask and they can sell that shit for $60.

Its rumored they will do something similar to their slew of Mario remasters for its 35th anniversary in 2021 when Zelda has its 35th anniversary, so I'd expect OOT/MM 3D, WW/TP HD to be ported in 2021.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean half the size of hyrule in botw and make it more populated and yeah, thats basically OoT

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They already did in 3DS as far as I'm concerned. Looks amazing and plays well.

Now if they felt like doing a Rebuild of Ocarina then sure, but 3D is good enough for me.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Nah, just further remaster the already existing remakester. An FFVIIR style remake just doesn't make much sense for Ocarina of Time, at that point you pretty much have Twilight Princess, so you may as well go a little further and make it a full sequel.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda sick of remakes. Can we have a new Zelda game that isn't BotW 2 but that has game design LIKE Ocarina?

Dec 23, 2017
They could. I personally wouldn't want it.... unless it is just a showstopper in the visual art style department and made me purchase it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Grezzo already made one, just port that to Switch.

Nintendo should focus on new games, let Grezzo worry about the remakes. Lower opportunity cost.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike FF whith VII, the Zelda ip has got a better and more beloved game than OOT, sot it doesn't really need it

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty satisfied with the 3DS remake. I'd much rather that time and effort goes into new Zelda titles, since unlike OoT that's not a story that's so compelling and intricate that it really warrants revisiting for an entirely new game with the same skin.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't see what one has to do with the other.

And I'd rather hope Nintendo would not split a game up á la FFVII.

Back in the day, Ocarina of Time on 64 and Final Fantasy 7 on PS1 were THE representatives of their systems, imo. Link vs. Cloud was almost always at the top of those GameFAQs character battles for like a decade in a row lol. They always exuded the same energy to me.

That being said, FF7 was always the longer game, even then, so I don't think a split would occur. Now a reimagining of Ocarina, however...

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most Zelda games are remakes of each other anyways, due to following the LTTP structure. Like, what is even wanted? The OOT story told in the BOTW engine? The story in Zelda games are flimsy enough as is that adding significantly to them might as well just call it a new game and story?
The story, yeah. BotW ignores so much lore(even basic stuff like the triforce), and OoT has the most icpnic dungeons in the series outside TP, which will never get a remake.

Anything to get the cap and dungeons/characters back.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, please, it's my second most favorite Zelda (after Twilight Princess). :)