Mandatory Disclosure of Cosmetic Surgery Prior to Marriage/Kids?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanently): Inflammatory Commentary Regarding Eugenics; History of Inflammatory Behaviour
Now there's an interesting question. I would say people should disclose to their partner, but I also say people need to go into relationships and procreation with a sort of 'buyer beware' mentality. Like, you should assume the underlying genetics may be not as advertised.

Monstress

Sep 9, 2019
Such an elementary response. Why are so many people such as yourself blatantly misinterpreting even after numerous clarifications from me? Our society is so obsessed with piling on, automatically assuming the worst, and the spread of disinformation. Terrible.

Here's another elementary response: several people told you your post is as the very least weirdly phrased, and borders on eugenixs. It's easy to get on your high horse when the answers are not what you want.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
cfc.jpg

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Now there's an interesting question. I would say people should disclose to their partner, but I also say people need to go into relationships and procreation with a sort of 'buyer beware' mentality. Like, you should assume the underlying genetics may be not as advertised.
The fuck is this?

I saw that Kyuuji was going at the OP at a transphobic angle, but this is beyond the pale.

On top of also being extremely pro-eugenics.

OP
OP

Scrillz

Banned
Jan 4, 2021
You said that you wanted attractive traits to be inherited by your children in your own OP.
Yes, and did you refer to my reasoning being subconscious/biological in nature? And was it wrong of me to assume in good faith that the majority of people who chose to engage in this discussion would come with an understanding that attractiveness is inherently subjective? Apparently so. Silly me.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and did you refer to my reasoning being subconscious/biological in nature? And was it wrong of me to assume in good faith that the majority of people who chose to engage in this discussion would come with an understanding that attractiveness is inherently subjective? Apparently so. Silly me.
OH boy.

Kyuuji you were right.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Your reasoning is as pathetic as the thread premise.

Someone's medical history is private, you have no right to know whether you like it or not.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Y'all who agree with this please don't have children just to make them suffer when they don't reach your expectations

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
In addition. Many people have cosmetic surgery to correct issues from birth that otherwise would end up with bullying and harassment through their lives or to enhance quality of life.

Having chuds like the OP demand to see what their medical history was to see if it was somehow "cosmetic enhancement" is the most scary thing possible.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, let me try this before this thread inevitably gets locked.

If you are attracted to a certain physical trait(s) of the opposite sex (eye color, ass shape, etc.) and especially if it happens be one of the main reasons for your decision to proceed in a relationship,

This is the core problem with your argument, imo. In my younger days, I might have asked a girl out because she had stunning eyes or a great ass. But when you start considering marriage and children, those things really become superficial. It's about your connection to the person. And that can't be faked with plastic surgery.

If you're saying something like, "I want to have kids with her because she has green eyes and a shapely ass and I want to pass those traits down to our children," you sound, at best, like a Vulcan from Star Trek.

Your sickle cell argument was better. I get why you don't want to follow that line of conversation, but combining traits that might harm the well-being of the child is a more valid reason than, "I should be able to reasonably expect that my child will have green eyes."

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
In addition. Many people have cosmetic surgery to correct issues from birth that otherwise would end up with bullying and harassment through their lives or to enhance quality of life.

Having chuds like the OP demand to see what their medical history was to see if it was somehow "cosmetic enhancement" is the most scary thing possible.
Fuck all those people who had a hair lip amirite?!

EDIT: Also fuck all those people who are Admiral Ackbarring it.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
If any of my kids were to have a flat ass they would be disinherited and I would divorce my spouse for genetic cheating.

Then again I've had a nose job, so it's only fair that they do the same if my bad genes make our kids unnatractive.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck all those people who had a hair lip amirite?!
I was going to mention cleft lip and palate as one of the common issues that is easily corrected by surgery yet to the OP would need to be declared because otherwise it's fraud or something.

Let alone that's not even how genetics works and that most, if not all cosmetic issues are due to conditions after conception and not genetic at all, let alone after they're born and their standard of living and many other factors come into play.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
If my kids turn out ugly I'll just refer them to my plastic surgeon.

I think the only medical information that a partner should disclose is anything that might harm their partner like std's or a medical condition that is costly or time consuming to handle.

Anything else is private if the individual wants it to be private.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
should your partner be scanned for and disclose potential genetically inheritable diseases before you marry/have kids?

Same kinda question and the answer is still no

When it comes to some terrible genetic diseases, the question becomes more sensible.
My high school teacher had a couple friends who discovered they were both carriers of a rare form of ichthyosis; any child would have had a 25% chance of either dying prematurely or being under pain and treatments for the rest of their life.
They both wanted children and decided to split up because they didn't want to take that risk.

I don't care about appearance and stupid beauty standards. If OP had framed the thread as to whether we should get tested for recessive life-crippling inheritable diseases before having children, I would have said yes.

OP
OP

Scrillz

Banned
Jan 4, 2021
Here's another elementary response: several people told you your post is as the very least weirdly phrased, and borders on eugenixs. It's easy to get on your high horse when the answers are not what you want.

It absolutely does not and I challenge you to specify where, in any of my comments, I am even remotely advocating for eugenics.

I was going to shut the thread down due to the apparent miscommunication, but nevermind. It clearly isn't an issue of miscommunication at all. I intended to gather opinions on a relatively harmless but interesting (to me) social topic but this thread has inadvertently done a great job of illustrating how this society is quick to assume the absolute worst of people, even after they do their best to explain their impartial motives. Do better folks! Reading is fundamental!

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
OP your mistake was thinking that ugly people have trouble reproducing.

They don't, we just reproduce with other ugly people and all is well. So aside from bullying there should be no real concern as to how the child turns out. And if they get bullied then that's just how it be. You can't control what other children will do to your child.

So no to your question.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely does not and I challenge you to specify where, in any of my comments, I am even remotely advocating for eugenics.

I was going to shut the thread down due to the apparent miscommunication, but nevermind. It clearly isn't an issue of miscommunication at all. I intended to gather opinions on a relatively harmless but interesting (to me) social topic but this thread has inadvertently done a great job of illustrating how this society is quick to assume the absolute worst of people, even after they do their best to explain their impartial motives. Do better folks! Reading is fundamental!

It absolutely isn't private under the context I've laid out. Do better and don't assume the worst of people.
tJ8smuY.jpeg

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I intended to gather opinions on a relatively harmless but interesting (to me) social topic but this thread has inadvertently done a great job of illustrating how this society is quick to assume the absolute worst of people, even after they do their best to explain their impartial motives. Do better folks! Reading is fundamental!

skinner.jpg

edit: III-V 🥂

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Inappropriate Racist & Ableist Joke; Prior Ban For Inappropriate Sexist Joke
Fake-Plastic-Surgery.jpg

Thread reminds me of this

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Dude joined a year ago and has only 125 posts, majority of them are likely in this thread. Someone post the troll in the dungeon gif

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
This is a incredibly mean pic and does nothing to point out how awful the op is.
EDIT: I'm sorry, I get where you're coming from, I still find it incredibly distasteful.

It did more harm to the actress who was in the picture, they had an interview with her and it was hard for her to find work afterwards.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I propose Transactional Marriage:

You get cute kids
I get my preferred genetic phenotype

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
The main focus should be the health of your potential kids. Not looks.
No one is born ugly, insecurities come from society and how they are raised. If someone wants cosmetic surgery that's their own right and nothing that should ever need to be disclosed to anyone. The only thing that should be discussed are things that can impact the health of any offspring, that's it.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I've told you about how it could possibley shake out and you deflected with your race and declined to respond to my follow up posts.
So now it's just a "social experiment" on the toxicity of ERA, fam you're being blatant.
All the left handed people as well, can't have those mutants running around spreading their genes.
If they use inverted Y, take them out back to the shed.

OP
OP

Scrillz

Banned
Jan 4, 2021
OP your mistake was thinking that ugly people have trouble reproducing.

They don't, we just reproduce with other ugly people and all is well. So aside from bullying there should be no real concern as to how the child turns out. And if they get bullied then that's just how it be. You can't control what other children will do to your child.

So no to your question.
Thank you for your non-hostile reply. I really appreciate it.

What is ugly? Who says you're ugly? I gave examples using two characteristics: "eye color and ass shape" did I ever define a beauty standard for any of these characteristics (green, blue? big, small?) or are internet folks just projection their own?

In regards to the latter portion of your comment, I believe we all want the best for our kids in many ways and on both a conscious and subconscious level. Within the context of my initial example, it is utterly foolish to bring societal beauty standards into the equation because we are focusing on a unique relationship between to unique individuals with their OWN UNIQUE STANDARDS OF BEAUTY. Therefore, no one else's opinion matters.

Seriously, thanks again for your constructive contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.