• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How many versions should there be of Pokémon games on the Switch?

• Stick with 2 versions

Votes: 304 36.5%
  • Do only 1 version

Votes: 347 41.6%
  • Eh, TPC/Game Freak/Nintendo can do whatever they want for all I care

Votes: 183 21.9%

• Total voters

enty

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they let you have more than one save file per game. Who am i kidding. That will never happen.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
I would like something fire emblem fates (two different storylines) + being able to buy the 3rd iteration as cheap dlc (e.g. yo kai watch psychic specters)

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Except Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are not following the Black 2 and White 2 model. GameFreak has said that this is an alternate storyline to Sun and Moon.

i wasn't talking about what's in the game

i was talking about game freak no longer making just one updated version, they now split the updated version into two games just like any other pokemon game

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's important to keep in mind that GameFreak doesn't make 2 versions with the intention of having people buy both versions, it's to make it so people have to trade with their friends.
The games being $60 wouldn't change that.
I just hope they let you have more than one save file per game. Who am i kidding. That will never happen.
With the way the Switch works all you'll have to do is make a new profile to have a second save.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Considering how they talk about couch multiplayer being a huge thing with the Switch, I would hazzard a guess and say one version. I can see them wanting one streamlined version with every new Pokemon in the game, to support a full blown co-op mode. Two people playing alone, until they go home, and want to continue. Boom, share one save with the others Switch and continue the journey together. Or perhaps 2 versions could work for that, maybe with a massive Johto/Kanto style region that has one side in each version till the post game.

Oct 26, 2017
i wasn't talking about what's in the game

i was talking about game freak no longer making just one updated version, they now split the updated version into two games just like any other pokemon game

It's still wrong to use the B2W2 model as an example for USUM because it wasn't just an updated version, it also advanced the story left in both Black and White separately (which is the key term considering elements of the story and areas differ between Black and White). If you ask me, there is a reason for B2 and W2 to exist as separate sequels versus USUM being somewhat pointless with minor changes like legendaries with everything else (story, areas in Alola) still being the same.

It's splitting hairs at this point. USUM is a similar to BW2 in that the story is dramatically different, rather than be a retread

I don't think that's splitting hairs, because B2W2 like its number implies, is a sequel that progressed the story that was left in BW. I wouldn't call it dramatically different considering the characters we see again + the amount of growth that they go through.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I wonder how well the price increase to 60 dollars will go over. Part of what makes pokemon so accessible for parents and kids is that $39.99 price tag.

I for one will be dropping 120 bucks on day one cause I am a sucker but also because pokemon games always retain their value.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's still wrong to use the B2W2 model as an example for USUM because it wasn't just an updated version, it also advanced the story left in both Black and White separately (which is the key term considering elements of the story and areas differ between Black and White). If you ask me, there is a reason for B2 and W2 to exist as separate sequels versus USUM being somewhat pointless with minor changes like legendaries with everything else (story, areas in Alola) still being the same.
I think you're about to be shocked