• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to bump, but is there any progress on this remaster/remake? Breakout is one of my favorite genres, so I'm very interested in this.

Update from Dev

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Sorry to bump, but is there any progress on this remaster/remake? Breakout is one of my favorite genres, so I'm very interested in this.

So, yes, there is an update. The external team we were working with has basically finished their work on the port. We spun up an internal team about a month ago to handle the remaster aspects of the exercise. That includes reworking the user onboarding, UI, color grading, effects, menus, etc. We are also just looking at whether a 5.1 mix of the soundtrack is viable.

Can't talk about platforms, pricing, or release timing as yet, other than to say "early next year" is the window to keep an eye on.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
So, yes, there is an update. The external team we were working with has basically finished their work on the port. We spun up an internal team about a month ago to handle the remaster aspects of the exercise. That includes reworking the user onboarding, UI, color grading, effects, menus, etc. We are also just looking at whether a 5.1 mix of the soundtrack is viable.

Can't talk about platforms, pricing, or release timing as yet, other than to say "early next year" is the window to keep an eye on.
Wonderful news! You have at least one guaranteed sale from me.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

Is the OST untouched? Please tell me all Module's tracks are in😭

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo. Still crazy excited for this. Hoping for new/remixed stuff from Jeremiah, but if not that is cool too.

Also if anybody can help me out... I've purchased an album from Module on bandcamp but it has since been deleted. It was a live album. I might have it still on an archived HDD, but not sure.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

🙏 wonderful, thanks for the update. In day one.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
This is such a wholesome thread and this game and soundtrack look right up my alley used to love some breakout this has some unique concepts and their from NZ 🤙🏾 Churrr bro

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada

I'm ready! I thought it was dead.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Sweet

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
I loved Shatter when I got it on the humble bundle and I hoped I could have played it on PS4. That soundtrack was awesome. Shatter was the closest we ever got to the old "Ricochet" games that you can no longer buy/play.

Dreenk

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking about this thread the other day (when listening to the soundtrack) and forgot to come search for it, so nice bump - and even nicer update!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017

So, you're saying an Intellivision Amico release is possible? OMG HYPE!

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017

So, uh, is it too late to ask about a possible VR version, ala Tetris Effect? Looking forward to it either way. :)

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Wow, thanks for the update!
Love shatter, and I hope the OST will carry over.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Is the OST untouched? Please tell me all Module's tracks are in😭

Yes, the full original soundtrack will be there.

Module is actually producing music again since last year after a number of years away. You can find some of his latest stuff here https://module.bandcamp.com/

So, uh, is it too late to ask about a possible VR version, ala Tetris Effect? Looking forward to it either way. :)

Not planned at this stage, sorry.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Huh, never saw this thread before but it's just such a cool saga that I wanna pick up the game just to support the devs (it also helps that it looks super fun). I'll have to keep an eye out for release!

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this thread was bumped or I'd have no idea this was happening. Really nice to see stuff like this. I'll definitely pick up the remake.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Damn I can't wait. I have fond memories of many "early" PSN games but this was a step above

Bring over Wizorb while you're at it gaming gods, I own all platforms I'm not picky but switch would be good

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Never heard of this game but that footage looks great. Looks like a really fun take on the Breakout formula.

Keeping an eye on this.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Shatter soundtrack in 5.1?

MarioW you can't just tease these things, that's just not on!

Hoping the remaster process goes well and more people can experience Shatter again.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya

Great.
If a ps5 version is in the works, i hope you make use of dualsense's haptics, i think Shatter is one of those games that would really benefit from it.

Oct 30, 2017

awesome news. i really loved shatter on PS3 (and flick kick football on my iphone 3G like 11 years ago...)

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017

FUCK YES.

I really should try and finish up the trophies in the PS3 version.

Oct 27, 2017

Nice. My five year old son loves the soundtrack; we play it in the car all the time. I got my PS3 out of the cupboard about 18 months ago for them but it soon croaked so he's never had a chance to play the actual game. So I'll definitely get it for him when it's re-released as he's really curious about it!

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that this rerelease is still on track! Hopefully iOS will be in the list of platforms, would love to play this on the go (Switch would do the job too, I guess).