• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we just make it to where if you create a poll, the poll question is the thread title itself a

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious because I've kind of messed up my polls consistently. Most being my fault. However I've noticed a trend where people just vote instantly without reading the poll question itself and assume it's as exactly worded as the thread title.

Should it be to where if you create a "poll thread", instead of inputting the same title twice, the original thread title is the poll question itself. I think this could fix the problem considering how the majority of posters don't read the OP or poll question. Was wondering if this possible to implement.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Polls are often added retroactively. If you can't edit the title of a thread then I don't know how this would work.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, so stuff like this can finally be prevented:

Thread title: The Last Jedi sucked, amirite?

Poll Question: Did you enjoy The Last Jedi?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No? I don't understand why this bothers people so much - just, like, read the name of the poll, too. It's an extra sentence.

And ultimately it's a poll attached to a forum post, it's not going to be illustrative either way.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Conflicting title and poll options are more traditional than adding Thor: the Dark World as a joke option at this point.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
No? I don't understand why this bothers people so much - just, like, read the name of the poll, too. It's an extra sentence.

And ultimately it's a poll attached to a forum post, it's not going to be illustrative either way.
You're right, but since lots of people barely read the OP, a poorly worded poll could seriously mess with the results, making it rather useless.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Please yes. Posters have proven time after time that they're too stupid to be entrusted with creating polls.