• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well…? 🤨 🎤

• Morning + Evening/Night

Votes: 133 14.9%
  • Mornings only

Votes: 376 42.1%
  • Night/Evening Only

Votes: 230 25.7%
  • Villain Arc : I don’t shower everyday 👹

Votes: 150 16.8%
  • Bonus Option : Shower every morning and bath every night

Votes: 5 0.6%

• Total voters

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Mid day, directly after training, because we have solar panels and then I can use the electricity that is being produced by our panels directly.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Every morning usually, unless it's winter and i don't have to work that day (and don't plan to go out)

And in summer, every morning and evening even if i don't work, i sweat too much

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Every morning. I can't actually be a person if I haven't washed my hair. Like I can't even leave the house if my hair is messed up, the sensory triggers of my hair feeling "wrong" will lock my brain up and give me anxiety attacks.

I will sometimes shower again in the evening if I get particularly sweaty or if I'm super stressed out and need a brain reset, but generally I just shower every morning.
This.
I'm a male with blonde hair (well half gray now), I need copious amounts of hair gel to get it right. So I need that morning shower. I could shower at night, but then it gets fixated in weird angles and I'd just have to do it again in the morning. I do take a bath at night like once a week.

I don't mind people showering at night or in the morning, as long as you do it daily, the hygiene justifications for doing it night are weird though. People think they don't sweat in bed. Bro, you're covered in a warm blanket and your entire body weight is pressing into a mattress that doesn't allow air circulation underneath you, while your mind is racing in REM sleep. You're sweating. A lot. Everyone does that. It's how sleeping works. You can pretend you have clean sheets as much as you want, you're incorrect. Just wash your sheets every one or two weeks.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind people showering at night or in the morning, as long as you do it daily, the hygiene justifications for doing it night are weird though. People think they don't sweat in bed. Bro, you're covered in a warm blanket and your entire body weight is pressing into a mattress that doesn't allow air circulation underneath you, while your mind is racing in REM sleep. You're sweating. A lot. Everyone does that. It's how sleeping works. You can pretend you have clean sheets as much as you want, you're incorrect. Just wash your sheets every one or two weeks.
8 hours worth of sweat in bed still beats 24 hours worth imo, but if my hair needed styled in the morning then it would be morning showers for me.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Once a day at least, twice if I exercise that day, because I am very much a sweat producer.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I work out one or two times per day. So, usually after every session. But if the two are too close time wise, after the last session. If the second session is swimming then I don't shower in between. Work from home so no one can smell me. 😇

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
mid day
I work from home and workout during lunch. showering after is the perfect time for me

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
What is it with this place and showers?! I swear every other week it seems like there's a new "Do you do 'X' in the shower?", have you ever 'X' in the shower?" or "Do you shower 'X' much?"

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I am very fortunate that I live less than 1 minute away from my office (5 if I'm walking). This means I have time for thirty minutes of cardio every morning before work. So I shower in the mornings. If I were to get sweaty again, like if it's raining all weekend and I have to mow the lawn after work, I'll get a second shower. I sweat more at night in bed than I do while out and about doing non-vigorous activity.

Blitzpwnage

Feb 11, 2018
I take a shower every morning but I do not always wash my body. I will shampoo my hair but not wash rigorously every time.

I usually then take a bath at night. This all started during COVID. I was looking for something to calm me and my nerves down and I found baths with audio books and candles.

I used to take a bath almost nightly during the worst of COVID but I now take one more sporadically. I came to find out it's actually a custom in some cultures like Japan. I always kinda shamed myself for using so much water and energy. At the end of the day it's for my own mental health and it's how I cope with a broken world through vibing suds and some Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy. I also light a candle and make myself a nice cool drink. I'll sometimes have a bowl or fruit or something yummy with my bath.

I have a collection of special bath bombs from a company called Lush. I have some recommendations if anyone wants one. I just got these new ones that last for like 10+ baths!

Jul 14, 2023
Morning everyday, even if I know there's a good chance I'm not going out that day. When I used to work a more physical job on weekends, I'd also shower at night.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
Been showering twice a day now. I like to go running EOD and dont wanna go to be smelling like ass, so I shower after that. I also shower in the morning cuz I like to feel fresh for the day, and also I'm balding so putting a little conditioner in my hair goes a long way to helping me look ever so slightly less bald lmao

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I've got treatment-resistant depression and anxiety, and just found out I've got ADHD. I'm also having a midlife crisis and heading towards feeling suicidal.

2-3 showers a week is all I can manage.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Every morning definitely. Might skip a day during the weekend if I'm just staying at home.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Potentially twice a day. I'm usually a morning shower person, but I exercise in the evening 4-5 days a week and obviously I gotta shower after that.

But I am also incredibly proactive with skincare and moisturizing to make sure that double showers on those days doesn't wreck my skin.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Going to bed dirty is unimaginable.

Leaving without a quick shower is almost impossible.

So both.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't shower every day.

I shower every day I have to go into the office (Tue/Wed/Thur) an after I work out (usually Tue/Thur night and one day on the weekend usually in the afternoon). But I only rarely shower on Fri/Mon mornings when I don't have to go in. I also shower on any days where I do yard work or anything that makes me sweaty/grimey/feel dirty

I used to shower 7 days a week, and frequently showered multiple times on those 7 days, on average I probably showered ~12 times a week. Biggest changes ... I had kids and remote/hybrid work. I'm default parent usually, and I just don't have time to shower every day anymore on the weekends, unless it's at 12PM when my wife gets up or something, but at that point I've already been up for 6 hours and I'm dressed. If we're going out with friends or something then I'll take a quick shower and dress properly, but if I'm with 5 year old kids all day, then I don't care.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get bad bed head hair in the mornings so I prefer to shower in the AM everyday (I'll skip at maximum one day). I want to start the day clean and styled rather than wait until the evening. But if I get dirty/sweaty during the day I'll take an evening shower.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Morning shower.

I tend to sweat when I sleep, so no way I'm not taking a shower in the morning. A night shower is worthless for me....unless I got super nasty during the day. In that situation, where I took one in the evening, I'd still take a morning shower.

My wife is one of those people that can shower every other day and would be fine/not stinking.