• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It really has to be, because TLOU2 is very likely going to be an early/mid 2019 game. It would destroy DG.

Nov 3, 2017
Well it wasn't gonna release the same year as TLOU II and was clearly done

really wish they would throw more accurate dates out there, seasons or months, just something

Oct 28, 2017
No way this game releases next year. I'll be shocked if it does as we've seen barely anything on it.

2019 is my bet. But we'll see.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be October so they get streamers to play it for their Halloween streams.

Oct 27, 2017
Targeting August/September would be the best window I think, at least judging from now. But who knows, maybe the game will even have what it takes to be successful during the big november/december period.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
The higher budget Sony 1st/2nd party 2018 releases should be something like:
God of War, Detroit, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima.
That's a good year for singleplayer!

2019: The Last of Us II, Death Stranding.

Mossflower

Oct 27, 2017
Man sure seems this game had a rework or troubles being made sure seems like it was pushed back a year to me. Seemed like with e3 2016 reveal if it had released right now this window and not closer to last of us 2 would have been much better of a test if Sony Bend could be a big boy developer and not a little guy. Or the e3 2016 reveal was rushed to fill a e3 void. I do not know.

Nov 2, 2017

Ghost of Tsushima also 2019. Not possible for 2018 as it is still earl I think.

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, you can't have too many new titles releasing alongside the PS5 in 2019.

Nov 2, 2017
Nah. They made a huge point about revealing it late in the development process and close to release.
And Sucker Punch are among those that always delivers on time.
They have not showed any gameplay so far, and I don't think it is ready to release next year. Lets see, but I am not having hopes on this as Sony already has so many big titles slated for next year, and they need some to spread out for 2019 to give some room for each title to sell well.

Oct 27, 2017
It does seem far enough long but something has to slip out of 2018. We know Death Stranding and TLOU2 have no dates so they are 2019+. I'm guessing Medievil remaster is too since it had no date.

Ghost of Tsushima, Shadow of the Colossus Remake, God of War, Dreams, Spider Man, Days Gone is a killer first party lineup and when you add heavily promoted exclusives like Detroit it becomes even more staggering.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Barely anything? I think that we've seen pretty much everything there is to it. Couple of trailers and several gameplay walkthroughs - there were games which released with less than this.

Yep DG looked to be pretty far along actually. If they say 2018 I can definitely believe it. This is one of the Sony exclusives I'm less interested in but it could turn out as a surprise. Together with GoW, Spidey & Colossus remake, 2018 is looking pretty good for Sony.

Oct 25, 2017

There's no way in hell Ghost of Tsushima launches next year. That and The Last of Us II are 2019, Death Stranding is 2020 at best.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My guess is Ghost of Tsushima is a 2018 title as well. Not only did Sony already hint that with this game they were aiming for a shorter announcement to release window, but InFamous Second Son came out in March 2014, 3 and a half years ago. Sucker Punch has clearly been working on Ghost of Tsushima for some time.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Everything is 2018. No date. Just 2018 lol

Not really. Detroit is Spring, Shadow of the Colossus has a date, Spider-Man and God of War are both pinned for the first half of 2018 too for the time being. Which leaves Days Gone and Dreams for the second half, possibly.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
2018 will be another crazy year for Sony, I find it hard to believe this year is the peak for PlayStation with the games we are getting next year.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Thought it would be 2018. Looking forward to it. In a sucker for any game with zombies as the enemy!

Also PS4 has some tasty games coming in the next 12 months. God of War, Spiderman, Days Gone, Detroit and Dreams all headed for 2018.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Ghost of Tsushima is a 2018 title as well. Not only did Sony already hint that with this game they were aiming for a shorter announcement to release window, but InFamous Second Son came out in March 2014, 3 and a half years ago. Sucker Punch has clearly been working on Ghost of Tsushima for some time.

New IP need longer dev cycle.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New IP need longer dev cycle.

A fall 2018 release date would mean Ghost of Tsushima had a roughly 4.5 year dev cycle (on the basis they started working on it only after the release of InFamous Second Son). Pretty sure that's long enough, especially given they already had a competent next-gen engine in place with their last game.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
A linear scripted Manhunt would destroy an open world Macgyver with zombies game?

I do not see how a whole different game in a different genre would destroy another.
There are definitely similarities, which could be an issue when it comes to marketing. They're both post apocalyptic games set in the US, where you have to fight zombie like creatures. They both have a highly realistic art style with a focus on overgrown environments.

So if you have the sequel to one of the most acclaimed games from last gen coming up against this new IP, which on the surface seems quite similar, then it could end up being an issue for Days Gone.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A fall 2018 release date would mean Ghost of Tsushima had a roughly 4.5 year dev cycle (on the basis they started working on it only after the release of InFamous Second Son). Pretty sure that's long enough, especially given they already had a competent next-gen engine in place with their last game.

Horizon ZD was 6-7 years, Dreams also around 7 years, that's give you a better picture of how much time WWS need to make a new IP.

Oct 27, 2017
There are definitely similarities, which could be an issue when it comes to marketing. They're both post apocalyptic games set in the US, where you have to fight zombie like creatures. They both have a highly realistic art style with a focus on overgrown environments.

So if you have the sequel to one of the most acclaimed games from last gen coming up against this new IP, which on the surface seems quite similar, then it could end up being an issue for Days Gone.
If you only watch the story trailer then maybe but its easy to see the huge difference if you watch the gameplay trailers.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't that way too many first party titles for one year?

Detroit
GOW
Days Gone
Dreams
Spiderman
SOTC

(My wallet...)