Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Santa Monica Studio's writing team is getting bigger and bigger. Hannah Filipski from Night School Studio (Oxenfree and Afterparty) joined the studio last month:

ehICPU9.png

SSM knows what's up. Oxenfree is one of the best written game of this gen. Characters are talking like actual human beings.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've got to be building a second team, right? It seems like they're hiring like crazy even though the GoW team is still largely intact.
They are building a bigger "first" team. A 180-199 team is pretty small for an AAA team these days. SSM needs to get bigger for next gen / PS5 / God of War 2. Right now Naughty Dog is twice as big as SSM.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm buying Iron Man and FF7 within the span of 2 weeks, unless iron man gets terrible reviews. Can't remember the last time I bought two games day 1 that close to each other.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Sony probably saw TLoU Part II's MP and went "Cha-ching! No way we're including this for free!"
You may be joking but I'm actually convinced that's what may have happened. ND can take too long making their single player games and only Lord knows how long they'll take making their next one if it's a New IP. I think having a separate MP game in between TLOU2 and their next game is a great idea, especially if they decide to support it in the long run.

Now the question becomes, how much are they going to charge for it? I'm all for putting it in the PS5 version of TLOU2 as an insentive to double dip.

Oct 25, 2017
You may be joking but I'm actually convinced that's what may have happened. ND can take too long making their single player games and only Lord knows how long they'll take making their next one if it's a New IP. I think having a separate MP game in between TLOU2 and their next game is a great idea, especially if they decide to support it in the long run.

Now the question becomes, how much are they going to charge for it? I'm all for putting it in the PS5 version of TLOU2 as an insentive to double dip.
Right, if it is a fleshed out experience and priced accordingly, I'm all for it. If it launches lukewarm with a high price....

I think making it free (or at least a discount) for buyers of TLoU II is a good idea.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully ND suspended their next single player project to focus on the MP game.

Won't happen.

There is a team dedicated to the MP and will siphon off some of the tlou2 members when the sp gets released.

But 100% there is already the next Nd single player game in the prototype stage.

Can't have 100s of employees just sitting there twiddling their thumbs while the higher ups think of a game.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
Won't happen.

There is a team dedicated to the MP and will siphon off some of the tlou2 members when the sp gets released.

But 100% there is already the next Nd single player game in the prototype stage.

Can't have 100s of employees just sitting there twiddling their thumbs while the higher ups think of a game.

I think I remember one of ND's artist putting up cyberpunk art out there. I wonder if that's gonna the next genre they work on.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Probably just a mistake but I will post just in case:

Amazon Mexico set the release date of ghost of Tsushima to a (most likely) place holder March 31st date, I find that of note because usually place holder dates are end of year December 31st.
Then again I don't see why would it release so close to the last of us part 2, but maybe it launches on Q2?
I'd rather they keep it to the PS5 as a cross gen launch game at this point.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Sony probably saw TLoU Part II's MP and went "Cha-ching! No way we're including this for free!"

That might not be exactly how it went, but I imagine they are seeing it as both a revenue source and a way to get TLoU goodness onto PS5 without turning it into a full sequel. After all, it seems unlikely they'll do a remaster given the backward compatibility story.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Talking about backwards compatibility, I'm very curious to see how Sony will treat those "remasters". Will they sell it like a new game? Paid patches? Free patches? Paid upgrade to receive the PS5 version of that game?

Darkonda

May 23, 2018

Amazon Mexico set the release date of ghost of Tsushima to a (most likely) place holder March 31st date, I find that of note because usually place holder dates are end of year December 31st.
Then again I don't see why would it release so close to the last of us part 2, but maybe it launches on Q2?

🤔 A poster here mentioned that Jason Schreier said May 2020 for Ghost.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Talking about backwards compatibility, I'm very curious to see how Sony will treat those "remasters". Will they sell it like a new game? Paid patches? Free patches? Paid upgrade to receive the PS5 version of that game?
Hopefully they do what Xbox One does and give graphical/framerate enhancements to select games at no extra cost, but I'm not sure Sony would be willing to miss out on that remaster money.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018

Recently, Tlou2 also had place holder on 28 February and then get release date at 21 february.
Maybe GoTsu release in March? 🤔

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it. It has more do with the size of the game. Show me a 3rd person action adventure or FPS that has a ~25 - 30 hours AAA singleplayer campaign and a huge multiplayer mode. There is none these days. There is a reason why the multiplayer-focused games have a 3-5 hours singleplayer campaign most of the time. Those games are just too big these days. Splitting it just make too much sense for Naughty Dog. To be onest, I expected a MP mode in TLOU2. But after ND announced how big the games is (biggest project, longest ND game ever), making two games is the way to go. Now they can go all out with a TLOU2 game and a TLOU-based multiplayer game afterwards.
As you can read in ND's statement, the MP game will clearly be a standalone product. So no, don't expect both games together on one disc for the PS5. They're gonna be two different games. And I'm pretty sure you will have to pay for it. It will be a new game and I doubt it will be a F2P game.
March would not make sense for Ghost of Tsushima, that would mean sony releases 4 big games in 1 financial year
March is nonense. Gonna be Q3 or Q4 2020.

Last edited:

Broncs

Nov 26, 2018
March actually wouldn't be too bad as long as it's late March. Watch Sony release it a day after Final Fantasy VII though.

Alpha_ulquiorra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This thinking has to come from the same vein of "Kojima takes long too make games and is always over budget". Its not based in reality.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It depends on what launch titles Sony has planned for the PS5. If those are crappy games like Knack and Killzone Shadow Fall, then please, delay Ghost of Tsushima to make it a cross-gen launch title.

Jan 20, 2019
Won't happen.

And that is what happen with Anthem, that is way having good leadership is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.