• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Knew it had to be announced today, glad to see it confirmed we are getting one more SoP before the year end. Some other things we can expect in this episode

- Some PSVR announcements
- Either a PS4 or PSVR holiday hardware sale (last year it was only PSVR and PS4 prices didn't get discounted in December)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
How would you all feel if a new Ratchet and Clank game was announced for PS4 here? I'm still not convinced the next one will be PS5 exclusive

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I wouldn't be surprised if Jason is hit with a cease and desist from SIE if he really is hell bent on releasing all of the info he has on future PS IP. It is standard procedure for journalists to ask for comment before they run articles of that nature. In fact, it's part of the journalists code of ethics.

I'm starting to see why gaming journalists are often dismissed by their more traditional counterparts. I suspect that there is a lot of money put into marketing and reveals of ip. And as much as I want some info on exclusives I too agree with Barlog about unspoiled reveals.
Yup, ppl using information to boost their twitter following or YouTube channels. Knowledge is power rings more true today than everything, information is literally money.

Everyone, industry vets, insiders, please for next year just STFU. Not everything needs a hint. The less I come here or stay in social media I really feel the more enjoyment I get out of this industry.

Oct 27, 2017
Im expecting new Ghost of Tsushima new footage/trailer and maybe WiLD re-reveal + new VR games. They obviously are not going to show any PS5 games so I can't think of anything else.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
About Jason, he's been blacklisted (and kotaku) by other companies before, I doubt he cares (and that never stopped him to keep getting info from those companies).
How would you all feel if a new Ratchet and Clank game was announced for PS4 here? I'm still not convinced the next one will be PS5 exclusive
It's been implied multiple times Sony is not greenlighting new PS4 projects. If there was one, I doubt it'd be announced just now (unless it's a basic remaster, which I don't see the point of making).

edit: whoops double post.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Most of Nintendo Directs are first party stuff and indies/localizations.
Elden Ring is neither of those.

They get better at it every time though.
State of Play not exactly full-fledged first-party showcases currently, but if they got new "Elden Ring" related on their show, it would be big for the future SoPs.

If Ghost is there what do you think they will show, story trailer or more gameplay?
I hope both.

But gameplay if I could choose.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It's been implied multiple times Sony is not greenlighting new PS4 projects. If there was one, I doubt it'd be announced just now (unless it's a basic remaster, which I don't see the point of making).

Well it would have been greenlit in 2016 after the R&C Remake was so successful at launch. I just don't see it being a PS5 exclusive since every PS platform with the series has gotten much more than one game

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
by the Jason comment on some PS5 Launch games only being PS5
I am guessing he means exclusives since multi plats will likely be cross gen (already stated AC Viking would be such a case)

it also might mean no TLOU 2 PS5 version or GoT cross gen version

at least on launch

Last edited:

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
This ghost's gonna be a a resident sector-7 yokai guys
1561396746_304194_1561396838_noticia_normal.jpg

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Well it would have been greenlit in 2016 after the R&C Remake was so successful at launch. I just don't see it being a PS5 exclusive since every PS platform with the series has gotten much more than one game
You don't need 3+ years to make a R&C game, be it remake or a new game :p

edit:
If Ghost is there what do you think they will show, story trailer or more gameplay?
Just a trailer (could be gameplay or story focused), since making gameplay demos/videos take way more time and are more subject to scrutiny. They don't need that right now.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 needs exclusives to accomplish Sony's stated goal of migrating users to next gen faster than ever before. After Ghost of Tsushima, you'll have to drop $500 if you want to continue playing Sony exclusives. This is the way.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I just finished Persona 5, damn it was so great
I never played a Persona game and tbh I never wanted to know what kind of game it was and didn't know anything about its world/lore, etc...

But with the recent addition of the game to PS Now, well it was the moment to try it

I can easily say that it's one of best games I played this generation !
I loved every characters and the story
Each character with its own interesting background and story, I was surprised it was so well done

The chara design (Ann and Kawamaki <3)
The stylish transition during combat, exploration, etc...
The cutscenes so well made, looks like an anime when you saw them (wished there was more of them)

And to finish, the OST, my god the musics are so good (too bad they are only on Spotify Japan :/)
Musics during exploration, combat, Mementos and the best ones in the Gunshop and when you have secured the route in a Palace

The only minus I found is a few designs of Persona are ugly lol
But among all of them, a few are a really beautiful (Lovers and Priestess <3)

Now I understand why people praise this game so much and I'm happier for Atlus now I know the game has sold 3.2m copies

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
by the Jason comment on PS5 Launch games only being PS5
I am guessing he means exclusives since multiplats will likely be cross gen

it also means no TLOU 2 PS5 version or GoT cross gen version

at least on launch
I've not seen the comment. But I'd assume a few notable exclusives will be patched for PS5 launch. Beyond standard BC.

To sell an all new sku on PS5 they'd have to go above and beyond.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I just finished Persona 5, damn it was so great
I never played a Persona game and tbh I never wanted to know what kind of game it was and didn't know anything about its world/lore, etc...

But with the recent addition of the game to PS Now, well it was the moment to try it

I can easily say that it's one of best games I played this generation !
I loved every characters and the story
Each character with its own interesting background and story, I was surprised it was so well done

The chara design (Ann and Kawamaki <3)
The stylish transition during combat, exploration, etc...
The cutscenes so well made, looks like an anime when you saw them (wished there was more of them)

And to finish, the OST, my god the musics are so good (too bad they are only on Spotify Japan :/)
Musics during exploration, combat, Mementos and the best ones in the Gunshop and when you have secured the route in a Palace

The only minus I found is a few designs of Persona are ugly lol
But among all of them, a few are a really beautiful (Lovers and Priestess <3)

Now I understand why people praise this game so much and I'm happier for Atlus now I know the game has sold 3.2m copies

Now you have to get into Royal in March. It makes P5 even better and makes it the definitive version. Persona is one of the series really important to Sony. It's been exclusive to PlayStation for almost 25 years now.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
You don't need 3+ years to make a R&C game, be it remake or a new game :p

Insomniac was working on Spider-Man and several VR projects by the time they wrapped up R&C 2016. We have no way of knowing if they were able to fully commit to a new Ratchet till sometime in 2017 or 2018 since most the staff could have been involved in the projects announced and yet to be released at the time.

PS5 needs exclusives to accomplish Sony's stated goal of migrating users to next gen faster than ever before. After Ghost of Tsushima, you'll have to drop $500 if you want to continue playing Sony exclusives. This is the way.

They also want the PS4 to continue selling when the PS5 is out and a series like Ratchet tends to thrive in the late stages of a console's lifecycle. I would understand if they just wanted to have as many PS5 exclusives as possible early on, but there is just a huge chance that it could be a PS4 game still.

Games like Horizon 2, God of War Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2, etc. just have no chance of hitting the PS4 but a new Ratchet does until its confirmed to be a PS5 exclusive. Hell even LittleBigPlanet 3 was cross gen a year after the PS4 launched.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Sony takes time to show Persona 5 Royal is coming to their platforms on State of Play. Sony recently have been awful at promotion games like that.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Hope Sony takes time to show Persona 5 Royal is coming to their platforms on State of Play. Sony recently have been awful at promotion games like that.

Sony was directly involved with P5R marketing. Atlus sent them the calling card to leak the date early before Atlus's reveal. They don't need to show it at SoP. The marketing already begun a few days ago.

Last edited:

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm hoping it's a PS5 game. With the console only being a year away I'd be quite surprised if Sony still has any ps4 reveals left.

I don´t think there will be PSVR/PS5 exclusives upfront.
1 years down the line ? Maybe.
2 years down the line ? Possibily.
When PSVR2 drops ? That´s for sure.
Some around here must be angry about me repeating this all the time lol

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
They also want the PS4 to continue selling when the PS5 is out and a series like Ratchet tends to thrive in the late stages of a console's lifecycle. I would understand if they just wanted to have as many PS5 exclusives as possible early on, but there is just a huge chance that it could be a PS4 game still.

Games like Horizon 2, God of War Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2, etc. just have no chance of hitting the PS4 but a new Ratchet does until its confirmed to be a PS5 exclusive. Hell even LittleBigPlanet 3 was cross gen a year after the PS4 launched.
Playstation 4 will continue to sell in emerging markets and through low cost bundles. A new Ratchet & Clank hitting a 7 year old console does nothing to move additional units but will do a lot for a console that's only going to have ~20 games available at launch not counting BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.