• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to Silent Hill 2. Whether they nail it, or (far more likely) ruin it, Blooper Team never makes boring games, in my view.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I personally wouldn't take that as a confirmation, but it's a good sign for sure
From the editorial page:
All featured titles scheduled for release in 2024 at the time of publication​
www.playstation.com

The best new and upcoming PS5 games of 2024 - Guides & Editorial | PlayStation

What games are coming to PS5® in 2024? From Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Rise of the Ronin to Tekken 8 and Silent Hill 2, discover more about the biggest upcoming releases for PlayStation 5, watch the trailers and learn more about release dates and features on the official PlayStation website.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
From the editorial page:

www.playstation.com

The best new and upcoming PS5 games of 2024 - Guides & Editorial | PlayStation

What games are coming to PS5® in 2024? From Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Rise of the Ronin to Tekken 8 and Silent Hill 2, discover more about the biggest upcoming releases for PlayStation 5, watch the trailers and learn more about release dates and features on the official PlayStation website.
Yeah, sure, that doesn't really change what I said. Confirmation to be is an announced release date, and even that can and often does change. That said, both of these feel very viable for 2024, so it's not like I'd bet money against it

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sure, that doesn't really change what I said. Confirmation to be is an announced release date, and even that can and often does change. That said, both of these feel very viable for 2024, so it's not like I'd bet money against it

by that logic no release dates are confirmations. Sounds like they are scheduled for 2024. I think we all know here that delays can happen.

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
SH2 this year would be glorious, i know is probably not going to be as good as the OG one, but im down for a SH town being rendered in modern hardware, at minimum thats just cool.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Not really a surprise that those games would be 2024 games, but it's very telling that DS2 is NOWHERE to be seen in any of Sony's marketing for 2024 or "upcoming games on PS5" so... yeah... not expecting that to make 2024 at this point

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Tangentially related but I wish they would say something about the Suikoden remakes as well. I'm so afraid those have been quiet canned.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Tangentially related but I wish they would say something about the Suikoden remakes as well. I'm so afraid those have been quiet canned.

The Remaster Collection is definitely still cooking. Konami even put out this statement last August:

"Regarding the planned release of Suikoden 1 and 2 HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars, we have reached the conclusion that despite the very best efforts of our dedicated development staff to release the Remasters in 2023, additional time is needed to ensure the quality performance and gameplay experience our users deserve"

Bummed that we've gone from TGS '22 until now with nothing (same with the SH projects from The Transmission in October '22), but that's just how Konami is rolling these days.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
That video/blog post + this info makes me feel pretty good about it coming out this year
www.resetera.com

Bloober team assures Silent Hill 2 remake is alive

https://ir.blooberteam.com/2024/01/02/raport-espi-37-2023-zawarcie-umowy-o-dofinansowanie-projektu-w-ramach-programu-fundusze-europejskie-dla-nowoczesnej-gospodarki/ Bit of a small update, but Bloober are moving their focus to their 2025 Skybound game project for the new year and starting this...

Aug 23, 2018
I thought we had heard last year from Bloober that this was basically done and waiting on partners (Konami/Sony)? Pretty confident this game is coming out in 2024.

Was hoping for a DS2 reveal in that blog/trailer.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I thought we had heard last year from Bloober that this was basically done and waiting on partners (Konami/Sony)? Pretty confident this game is coming out in 2024.

Was hoping for a DS2 reveal in that blog/trailer.

Various Bloober posts from last year + all the pre-orders going live all over the damn place make me feel like SH2 will be out in six months or less (unless something has gone disastrously wrong).

I expect it to reappear with a release date/editions at the next Sony State of Play.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Various Bloober posts from last year + all the pre-orders going live all over the damn place make me feel like SH2 will be out in six months or less (unless something has gone disastrously wrong).

I expect it to reappear with a release date/editions at the next Sony State of Play.
I assume they want Resident Evil's Q1 spot this year, that's why I'm betting on March.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Still super strange that we haven't got an update since the pre-order details leaked two months ago. I would've expected a release date or a new trailer by now.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to finally explore the town of Silent Hill.

Hopefully they don't fuck it up.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I hope it does well so that 1 and 3 get remakes too, or at least a collection of the originals.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
MGS3 coming 2024 is the bigger news here, imo. (I don't think it actually will though).

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so, the silence has been a little too silent.

Wonder what's going on with townfall and Silent Hill f. More interested in those tbh, still day one for SH2 remake train wreck or not. I truly hope its good.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
The Remaster Collection is definitely still cooking. Konami even put out this statement last August:

"Regarding the planned release of Suikoden 1 and 2 HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars, we have reached the conclusion that despite the very best efforts of our dedicated development staff to release the Remasters in 2023, additional time is needed to ensure the quality performance and gameplay experience our users deserve"

Bummed that we've gone from TGS '22 until now with nothing (same with the SH projects from The Transmission in October '22), but that's just how Konami is rolling these days.
Thanks for the update! I didn't see that. It just seemed like they announced it and then never mentioned it since.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I hope so, the silence has been a little too silent.

Wonder what's going on with townfall and Silent Hill f. More interested in those tbh, still day one for SH2 remake train wreck or not. I truly hope its good.

I expect (hope) to hear something about Townfall this year.
Jon McKellen, I believe, said back late in 2022 that he looked forward to No Code showing off more of Townfall "early next year" (2023) and... nada. Not even a new trailer at the Annapurna Showcase last summer. Like SH2R, I imagine any new footage/updates are strictly at Konami's discretion.

SHf?
Unfortunately I don't think that will even release until 2026. I'd love to be wrong, but CG trailers these days lead me to believe whenever we see one the respective game is in early stages.

Identity

Dec 3, 2018
I'm more skeptical of Concord tbh.

I can understand that because of the teaser, but when the Firewalk / Probably Monsters partnership was announced years ago, Herman even said in an interview that he was playing it regularly already. The way Sony announced it is just mind boggling. It really feels like they slapped together something to just have another 1st Party announcement in their showcase.

Luke76bg

Oct 29, 2017
New James face icon from steam DB, now it's lifeless like the original and of the same age!

comparison-between-the-new-sh2r-games-icon-and-the-shot-v0-j0emftfntfvc1.png

new-sh2r-games-icon-v0-7h9jk4dpmfvc1.png

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Updated face model looks more in line with the original vision, or at the very least I won't think of the Limmy edits every time now.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
yeah looks a lot better, you stretched it a bit tho

I suck at this shit lmao

GLiRyNSW0AAMYuQ

The updated looks the worst of all. And if you guys are arguing about these tiny things like that I can't even imagine what would be the arguing after the game launches.

You feel it's worse? It's a pretty iconic scene and James emoting the way he does in the reveal trailer was bound to cause discourse. Not to mention he looks a hell of a lot older. This is in no way a tiny thing lol

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Updated face model looks more in line with the original vision, or at the very least I won't think of the Limmy edits every time now.
You feel it's worse? It's a pretty iconic scene and James emoting the way he does in the reveal trailer was bound to cause discourse. Not to mention he looks a hell of a lot older. This is in no way a tiny thing lol
Arguably, much much worse. Was hoping for some mods that AI replace his voice with Limmy. So basically giving you Silent Hill 2: "Honk if Mary's Dead" Edition.
those dreams will be dashed if they changed his face to look different. :(

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
The updated looks the worst of all. And if you guys are arguing about these tiny things like that I can't even imagine what would be the arguing after the game launches.
As someone who genuinely liked the new look, I'm mildly bummed they backpedaled on this.