• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kwill94

May 26, 2022
New face looks great, and maybe its a sign of extra changes on the remake to improve the quality in face off a launch

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
Doesn't look like a new face to me at all, looks exactly the same.

Hair looks lighter and more similar to the original, I guess, but the contrast and brightness are all messed up so it's likely just that.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It's just a different face, what does "better or "worse" even mean here? The first remake face looked like a different person with the same style of hair compared to the original, and this one also looks like a different person with the same style of hair compared to the original, just in a different way. Why are y'all arguing about this like there is some objective truth to be found here. It's just three different looking dudes lol

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Less expressive is the entire point.

i guess, but i wasn't part of the general "it needs to be 1 to 1 with the original" gang, either.

of course, serious changes aside a more tired and sad James wouldn't ruin the experience for me personally.

hell it might have enhanced it.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
It's just a different face, what does "better or "worse" even mean here? The first remake face looked like a different person with the same style of hair compared to the original, and this one also looks like a different person with the same style of hair compared to the original, just in a different way. Why are y'all arguing about this like there is some objective truth to be found here. It's just three different looking dudes lol
For me it's a matter of "videogame face" vs. believable guy on the street face. I think the newest face moves to the left side of that equation.

It's not a big deal though, you're right on that.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
i guess, but i wasn't part of the general "it needs to be 1 to 1 with the original" gang, either.

of course, serious changes aside a more tired and sad James wouldn't ruin the experience for me personally.

hell it might have enhanced it.
This team needs to trace the lines and make it as close to 1 to 1 as they possibly can. Silent Hill II is one of the most beloved horror games ever... this is not the game for a team that people do not trust to be messing around and changing shit.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I've no faith in this game being good but jfc ye are really going out of your way to nitpick this one.

EchizenKurage

Apr 4, 2024
Dallas, TX
New James face icon from steam DB, now it's lifeless like the original and of the same age!

comparison-between-the-new-sh2r-games-icon-and-the-shot-v0-j0emftfntfvc1.png

new-sh2r-games-icon-v0-7h9jk4dpmfvc1.png

Why can't they just model the in-game James of the remake to resemble CG James of the original? It seems like the optimal solution unless there are legal concerns with the original actor.

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
The train wreck

Why can't they just model the in-game James of the remake to resemble CG James of the original? It seems like the optimal solution unless there are legal concerns with the original actor.

As Sato hand-crafted the CG faces for SH1 and SH2, I doubt Guy Cihi would have any legal standing if they just did a 1:1 in-game version of the OG CG faces in Remake- but I wouldn't put it past him to try. 😂

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Sure looks like Bloober is paying attention to feedback from SH2 ultra fans

Wonder if that will actually get any of them to try out the game

Stavo

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 26, 2022
Brazil
I think the update look is fine. If they can stick to the original as close as possible, it'll be for the best.
As Sato hand-crafted the CG faces for SH1 and SH2, I doubt Guy Cihi would have any legal standing if they just did a 1:1 in-game version of the OG CG faces in Remake- but I wouldn't put it past him to try. 😂
Isn't Guy also an ass? Getting as far away from him as possible would be in Konami/Bloober's best interest.

Bengraven