• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
22cu3M5.jpg

"Silicon Valley" will premiere its fifth season on March 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The cast for the upcoming season includes Thomas Middleditch, Zach Woods, and Kumail Nanjiani. The Emmy-winning show follows a group of tech savvy people who struggle to handle success. The season will consist of 10 episodes.

Note that TJ Miller is no longer a part of the show. For more on that, THR posted a group interview a few weeks ago.

In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. From Mike Judge comes this satire about a programmer whose game-changing algorithm becomes the subject of a valley-wide bidding war.

dZG3F7q.jpg

Trailers:

Images and stuff:
rESOzO3.jpg

LxfuxJd.jpg

TZbdP8Y.jpg

oQKbWVP.gif

LiPXAf1.gif

8P9wz8L.gif

giphy.gif

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
End of last season was disappointing so hopefully they figure out what to do with this crew besides the constant repeats of never having success

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never got around to the 4th season. Got to admit, it was getting a bit samey with the crew constantly sabotaging themselves into failure each season and the actor for Erlich getting fired definitely killed a large part of my interest in the show.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Love this show, but wasn't a huge fan of last season. I hope that they can focus more on one big arc as opposed to jumping around to a bunch of smaller arcs.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One of those guys fucks.

But yeah, if this show is going to continue to be one failed venture after another, I'm out. It's not interesting anymore.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone remind me how last season ended.
From Wikipedia:
After the incident with the exploding Hooli phones at Hooli-Con, Jack Barker intends to replace all 9 million affected devices, instead of just releasing a firmware update, an exceedingly expensive plan that goes against the wishes of the Hooli board. This puts Pied Piper in risk of breaching contract with FGI, as the cell phone network where the data is stored will effectively be eliminated. Richard decides to use 'Anton', Pied Piper's server, to store the data, even if this will exceed its capacity and probably destroy it. Barker heads to China and tries to force the Hooli plant workers to increase production. As a result, he is taken hostage until they get better wages and work environment. Gavin Belson, who is in Tibet, learns about this through Erlich and sees an opportunity. Before heading to China to rescue Jack, he ditches Erlich and hands a Tibetan local enough cash for Erlich to stay at his place for the next 5 years. He then rescues Barker and leaves him in Jackson Hole before being reinstated as Hooli's CEO by the Hooli board. Meanwhile, after the broadband service at the incubator is cut due to lack of payment, Richard plans to connect Anton to Stanford Tech's server cluster, using Big Head's position there to do so. When they arrive, they discover that the back of the truck wasn't closed and Anton's parts have been scattered all over the road. At the same time, Melcher frantically tries to contact Richard. When they head to FGI to face him, the team are surprised to find that, before shutting down, Anton backed itself up to Jian-Yang's smart refrigerator, as Gilfoyle used some of the Pied Piper code when he was trying to hack it, which in turn connected itself to a network of other refrigerators like it, distributing the data and proving the decentralized internet is a working concept. Melcher attacks Richard, as he finally found out that Richard had sex with his fiancée after she accidentally told him about it. Pied Piper is again sought by investors all over the Valley. Gavin Belson offers a very generous acquisition deal to Richard, who turns it down and decides to be funded by Bream/Hall. Gavin threatens to devour Pied Piper, but Richard answers back, promising to render the entire physical server rental business, and Hooli itself, obsolete.

Oct 27, 2017
They REALLY need to move past the fledging startup on the brink of destruction thing. At this point they should have a product, be building it, and maybe expanding the team of dealing with competitors, customer acquisition, etc

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
S1-3 were great, S4 had its moments but damn if I didn't want to punch Richard to death because of how fucking stupid and arrogant he can be. The show would be much better offing him than Erlich, which is the funniest together with Jared.
Hoping for some actual progress in the plot and not the usual lucking out followed by everything gone to shit (usually because of Richard)

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for that. Was literally just wondering and talking about that to my SO yesterday haha. "How did that end again? Gavin returned, then Richard... did something then lost it then gained it back then lost it again right?" :P I'll echo most of the posters here saying this formula is getting a bit tired. But, I guess it wouldn't be the same if they actually did succeed and became a big company and all. :P (And oh hear, I had forgotten about the stupid smart fridge plot...)

I don't care that Erlich is out (actor looked like he was a real piece of shit). So long as Gilfoyle is still in making ultra-deadpan Satanic quips, I'm in.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Jian Yang and Erlich always had the funniest parts of the show. Shame how Erlich is played by an asshole.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
The character of Richard is just getting worse and worse every season. Now with TJ Miller out, I'm not that much looking forward to the show as I used to. I will probably wait until the season is over and watch the first few episodes to see how it turns out.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of my favourite shows, but I'm not too sure how good an Erlich-less Silicon Valley is going to be...

Him and Gavin are probably the best characters on the show.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Niceee. It's a shame HBO doesn't go the same binge watching route as Netflix. I hate having to wait a week for a new episode. As much as I want to watch it, I'll probably save all 10 up and binge it. TJ Miller being gone is going to be a huge blow but I think they'll manage. Jared is the real star of the show imo. Can't wait!

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
So Miller getting the boot had nothing to do with his sexual harassment allegations but more with him being insufferable and intoxicated on set? Thats what I got.

I really want Jared's jacket, since we share the same name and it's spelled the same.

jared-silicon-valley-jacket.png

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, had no idea this was starting so soon.

Season 4 kinda coasted in the second half, but the first half was some of the best television out there.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, now I have to renew my HBO Nordic subscription. Or I'll wait for the full thing, or maybe even until GoT. Too much to watch on Netflix anyway.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for this, have loved every season, the cast carries it for me. Sucks losing Bachman but he was a one trick pony so I don't think it'll hurt the show too much. Glad it's already back, completely forgot about it being so soon.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Show is still hilarious. The story is inconsequential so whatever there. I'm excited for this season.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should copy and paste my complaints from the last 3 years of the show where they keep continuing the cycle of "success -> fuck up -> cliffhanger". Maybe this year will be different.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, didn't realize this was back so soon. Swore it was next month. Must've been thinking of Westworld.

Sign me up.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Man, Miller must have really burned things to the ground. His last scene in the house (as he's getting ready to leave) was kinda brutal in how short it was and how none of the other characters really even acknowledged him leaving. It's like that page of the script just said, 'MILLER GET OUT'.

Or did I read too much into it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Season premiere tonight:
Grow Fast or Die Slow

Now that Pied Piper has ample funding and new offices, the pressure to get things right stymies Richard and forces him to grow the company in a way he hadn't planned. A picky Dinesh and Gilfoyle question their ability to make good decisions. After returning to Hooli, Gavin worries about becoming antiquated.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
God, the HBO Go site sucks so much... During the entire episode it kept replaying the last 2-3 seconds every 30 seconds or so. Even restarted my laptop and nothing helped. Episode was meh, Jian Yang was the star tonight.