• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just fried up some chick peas with diced onions. Seasoning included cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, paprika, and chili powder. Simple, quick, and great for protein.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
N O O D L E S

We make so many noodles.

Also pizzas. Roll out some store-bought dough, throw on some sauce, some vegan cheese, then whatever we've got in the fridge. Jalepeno, pineapple, olives, sometimes I'll make "buffalo chicken" with Gardein strips too.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Lentil stew. Big pan, fry some onions and garlic, add a load of lentils, a vegetable stock cube, then whatever other veg you feel like adding. Cook for like 25 minutes and you've got a stew going. Goes nice with crusty bread or rice, and it's pretty easy to make a big batch and keep it for later. Add some herbs, paprika, cumin and/or chili powder for flavour.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I love making hummus. I could honestly have it for every meal. Finally managed to perfect my basic hummus recipe earlier this year too!

200g cooked chick peas
100g tahini
50g lemon juice
25g olive oil
big pinch of salt.

Zellator

Sep 14, 2018
Some sweet potatos with some light seasoning made in the oven.
It's so easy to make: cut in half, season, put in the oven, wait for about half an hour, eat with a spoon.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I boil some pasta (half a lb) and save some of the water
Then I throw in a can of drained and washed black beans into the pan
Add a ton of nutritional yeast, almond milk and taco seasoning
Add some salsa or jalapenos or whatever other vegetables you want
Add the pasta and the pasta water in, and stir for a few minutes until it's as thick as you want it to be

Vegan chili mac

Actually... I use this recipe as a base for a lot of stuff. Last night I swapped out the black beans for chickpeas and the taco seasoning for curry power and added some tomato paste and had something like curry pasta.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rice with chickpeas and corn + black beans, avocado, tomato and vegan mayonnaise
Spaghetti + diced tofu with onion pepper, garlic, soy sauce and coriander
pennes + tomato sauce with lentils, onion, garlic, basil

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I love making hummus. I could honestly have it for every meal. Finally managed to perfect my basic hummus recipe earlier this year too!

200g cooked chick peas
100g tahini
50g lemon juice
25g olive oil
big pinch of salt.
And can mix it up by adding caramelized onion, curry powder, roasted garlic or avocado too.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Mezze; tins of dolmas, fried aubergine, pickles, makdous, flatbread, salad and falafel (The Middle Eastern stores around here sell all this and the frozen falafel is pretty good) and hummus/baba ganoush. Also swap it up for Vegan kebab too.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Black Bean Lettuce Bundles
  • 2 cans cooked no-salt-added black beans
  • ½ large avocado, mashed
  • ½ green bell pepper, chopped
  • 3 scallions/green onions, chopped
  • ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • ⅓ cup mild low-sodium salsa
  • 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
  1. Heat beans over medium heat until warm, approximately 5 minutes, and pour into bowl.
  2. Mash beans and avocado together with a fork.
  3. Mix all remaining ingredients except lettuce.
  4. Place approximately ¼ cup of filling in the center of each lettuce leaf and roll up like a tortilla, or spoon up with tortilla chips

Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
  • 1 large onion, medium diced
  • 6 to 8 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 heaping teaspoon sweet paprika
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
  • 3 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
  • 1 quart vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 bunch of kale
  1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until the onions begin to turn translucent; lower heat if browning starts to occur. Add spices and saute a minute or so. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, broth, and sugar. Season with a couple pinches of salt and 10 grinds fresh pepper.
  2. Stir well. Chickpeas should be just covered with liquid. If level is shy, add some water so the chickpeas are just covered.
  3. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to low and gently simmer for 45 minutes.
  4. Remove soup from heat. Use a potato masher to mash up some of the chickpeas right in the pot. Stir in the spinach and let heat through until wilted, just a couple minutes.
  5. Season again, to taste, with salt and pepper.
  6. Serve soup, drizzled lightly with extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.