oty

Feb 28, 2023
open.spotify.com

Find the Flame

祖堅 正慶 · Song · 2023

www.youtube.com

Find the Flame

Provided to YouTube by NexTone Inc.Find the Flame · Masayoshi Soken · John Taylor · Masayoshi Soken · Masayoshi Soken · Yoshitaka SuzukiFind the Flame from F...

music.apple.com

Find the Flame by Masayoshi Soken on Apple Music

Song · 2023 · Duration 3:30

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xackapGsGRA

also, the music might be locked depending where you live (supposedly), but it will unlock soon:

This is the track from the latter half of the Dominance trailer/the end of the SoP Titan Lost fight.

Someone on reddit rerecorded it (low quality) here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ewpjkvIe0gystscqQfVhWLznPXCRtekG/view
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXVI/comments/144ifuz/the_dominance_trailer_later_half_theme_find_the/

Should be rolling out across territories later today.

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Sounds good. Very recognizable as his style from XIV.
Though I will say... part of what makes the XIV OST so good is the variety. You get your stuff like this but then you also get progressive rock tracks, pop synth tracks, various different music with inspiration from across the world, and all kinds of stuff. So far everything we've heard from XVI sounds like this and I wonder if it'll have at least a little of that variety.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I like it. Will probably be slaughted for saying this here but it reminds me a lot of FFXV and I like that aspect of it.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
This is basicaly orchestra Drum and bass lol, high bpm and drum and bass drum pattern, such a banger

OP
OP
oty

oty

Feb 28, 2023
Though I will say... part of what makes the XIV OST so good is the variety. You get your stuff like this but then you also get progressive rock tracks, pop synth tracks, various different music with inspiration from across the world, and all kinds of stuff. So far everything we've heard from XVI sounds like this and I wonder if it'll have at least a little of that variety.
"There was one battle with a certain Eikon and after playing it, I thought, 'There's no way I can do this in classical. I want to do something different. I want to step away from classical and do something entirely different.' So I composed a piece that was totally not classical. And without telling anyone, I put it in the game and let the development team play it, and the feedback that I got was that they really, really liked it even though it wasn't classical. They felt that it really, really fit the battle."
a little bit yeah

I like it. Will probably be slaughted for saying this here but it reminds me a lot of FFXV and I like that aspect of it.
who in the world doesnt like XV's soundtrack??

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Find Your Flame Sonic Frontiers

shakeee.jpg

Find The Flame Final Fantasy XVI

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
yessssssss! the music from my favorite trailer for XVI too

Iron_Maw

Banned
Nov 4, 2021
It definitely will.

The Greatwood dungeon and battle theme also really good and its softer melody contrast quite well of what you hear in the OP. I've not played FFXIV I'm quickly becoming a fan of his. The guy is a goddamn rock star.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLvyKsPc9mU

jedindy

Jun 13, 2021
It sounds great. I'm looking forward hearing the whole soundtrack soon! The lyrics seem to be in English, but I'm having a real hard time making them out (besides the part where they repeat "Find the Flame" at 1:20).

BTW, here's a link to the track on Apple Music:
music.apple.com

Find the Flame by Masayoshi Soken on Apple Music

Song · 2023 · Duration 3:30

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It definitely will.

The Greatwood dungeon and battle theme also really good and its softer melody contrast quite well of what you hear in the OP. I've not played FFXIV I'm quickly becoming a fan of his. The guy is a goddamn rock star.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLvyKsPc9mU

That for sure sounds great. But it is still kind of within the same "type" of music that I'm talking about.

XIV's OST goes places.... and I'd like for people who don't play it but try XVI to see what Soken is really capable of. lol

Iron_Maw

Banned
Nov 4, 2021
That for sure sounds great. But it is still kind of within the same "type" of music that I'm talking about.

XIV's OST goes places.... and I'd like for people who don't play it but try XVI to see what Soken is really capable of. lol
Ah I see.

They yeah, FFXVI will most likely leaning on classical side of things with a few prog rock and other stuff here I expect.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Ahhhh. I've loved everything about this soundtrack since the original reveal. I've listened I still listen to 15s a lot and this is gonna be top tier as well. 13 days!

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Sounds awesome, but I'm still waiting for the full version of the song from the reveal trailer, the one that had the prelude woven into it. That song was a banger.

OP
OP
oty

oty

Feb 28, 2023
The whole OST in 14 has got to be one of the best soundtracks in gaming so this just sounds equally as good.
fun fact, between shadowbringers and endwalker soken composed 194 tracks if i'm not mistaken. ffxvi will have 215+. we're getting a LOT of Soken lol

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
This is... just alright. I need to hear it in context. It doesn't really stand on its own.

That's fine, though. It's supposed to augment the action.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This is... just alright. I need to hear it in context. It doesn't really stand on its own.

That's fine, though. It's supposed to augment the action.
As Soken says, he writes music for games with the experience of the player in mind. So yeah, that'll be the best way to first experience the music in the game.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
That's some good Soken. It'll be hard for him to top Alexander's theme for me, but I'm happy to hear what he's got in XVI.

Jan 11, 2018

Soken is great. That being said, a lot of the variety in FFXIV comes not only from him, but Uematsu and a lot of smaller composers as well. And then you have a talented team of people who work for Soken to arrange his compositions in various ways without his involvement that deserve credit too, but are almost always neglected. No doubt the there are people who help arrange his work for FFXVI as well. It's how we end up getting so many tracks credited to him on the soundtracks, because he wrote the melodies but did not necessarily arrange every single variation. But to your point, there is indeed a lot of variety in XIV. I believe it's been said that the main style of XVI will be more orchestral, but that there will be deviations from this every now and then?

OP
OP
oty

oty

Feb 28, 2023
Soken is great. That being said, a lot of the variety in FFXIV comes not only from him, but Uematsu and a lot of smaller composers as well. And then you have a talented team of people who work for Soken to arrange his compositions in various ways without his involvement that deserve credit too, but are almost always neglected. No doubt the there are people who help arrange his work for FFXVI as well. It's how we end up getting so many tracks credited to him on the soundtracks, because he wrote the melodies but did not necessarily arrange every single variation. But to your point, there is indeed a lot of variety in XIV. I believe it's been said that the main style of XVI will be more orchestral, but that there will be deviations from this every now and then?
yes, we will also have some vocals with Koji even

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

While there will probably still be a bit of variety- I wouldn't expect the massive shifts like in FF14, if just because that score is also a reflection of just all the storylines you can take part in that can be such a wild change in tone and content.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
That is a modern Final Fantasy Battle Theme all right!

The Choir went ham and they sound like they are having fun as fuck.