• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Sinemia just announced they are suspending their business in the United states.

It is currently on their website. I feel for whoever bought tickets for the Avengers with Sinemia.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So thats why my app hasn't been working for a fuckin week. Do I get a refund for the year I paid for...?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
What are the legal proceedings that they're saying helped drive them out of business?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Sinemia just announced they are suspending their business in the United states.

It is currently on their website. I feel for whoever bought tickets for the Avengers with Sinemia.

It's been a bit since I've used the service (stopped when they started requiring ID photos) but if the ticket's already been bought, folks should be good, right? Like if you used the Sinemia card on Fandango, that ticket should still be valid even if you can't check in on the app.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I made a thread not seeing this one before, but is anyone still with moviepass and can confirm how the service has been? I want to use something to supplement my A-List sub so I can catch arthouse/foreign movies. Is moviepass functioning somewhat reliably or am I better off just seeing the odd thing here and there while paying out of pocket?

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
IMO, good. They were a shady company that was engaging in scammy tactics towards the end (ID verification, surcharges, etc.). I can't imagine yearly users will get a refund; a final FU from Sinemia.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I made a thread not seeing this one before, but is anyone still with moviepass and can confirm how the service has been? I want to use something to supplement my A-List sub so I can catch arthouse/foreign movies. Is moviepass functioning somewhat reliably or am I better off just seeing the odd thing here and there while paying out of pocket?
Not currently with Moviepass but I've heard good things about it lately. Friends have been able to see pretty much any movie they want. I guess since so many people left it's profitable again. Been thinking about picking it up.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not currently with Moviepass but I've heard good things about it lately. Friends have been able to see pretty much any movie they want. I guess since so many people left it's profitable again. Been thinking about picking it up.

MoviePass became unusable for me at most theaters, but I stuck with it because it still worked at an e-ticketing theater one town over. Then the deal with that theater expired and I quit.
I don't think I'm eligible to sign up again yet.
Even if I were I heard they want peoples' bank account info now, and fuck that.

ncsoft

Dec 11, 2017
god I hate this company, never bothered using it after the ID verification thing, probably used it a total of 3 times, paid for it yearly.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Dammit - ok, I asked this in the Movie Pass thread but I guess those of us who bought the year pass, are just fucked? Definitely going to call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dammit - ok, I asked this in the Movie Pass thread but I guess those of us who bought the year pass, are just fucked? Definitely going to call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

Post back in this thread if you have any interesting results. I bought the year pass for me and my girlfriend and we've probably only seen 3 movies combined so far. What a waste.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I think I paid 74 bucks for my annual pass from them and saw about 9 movies, so I still managed to come out on top but just barely. Strangely feel good about just edging through knowing I cost them. I was on their 30 bucks a month for a movie a day plan before that, though and easily put them in the red from that. All in I think I've saved around 300 bucks because of them.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooof. I feel for those that paid for a year of this up front.

In the 8 months I had movie pass I went to the theatre more than I had in YEARS and saw movies I'd never have seen otherwise. It's a shame these services can't sustain themselves without being absolute shitshows.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
My Sinema year ends in May so this is not that big of a deal I didn't get to use it in April. Wonder if I will get a refund?