Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A site called 91mobiles claims to have exclusive renders of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus:

This site also claims to have exclusive confirmed specs for the S10 Plus which includes an in-display fingerprint reader and the upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 8150 chip: https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-5k-renders-360-degree-video-exclusive/

Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Plus-5K_1.jpg

We're inching closer to the launch of Samsung's upcoming flagships, the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. With an announcement expected at MWC next February, there have been the usual spate of leaks and rumours about the smartphone lineup, including the presence of a Lite variant and an ultra-premium 5G model. Now, we have our first definitive look at the Galaxy S10 Plus, thanks to a partnership with @OnLeaks. Apart from gorgeous 5K renders and a 360-degree video, we also have a few confirmed details about the Galaxy S10 Plus.

We can confirm that the Galaxy S10 Plus will ship with a 6.4-inch dual-curved edge display, which is in line with earlier leaks. The display is expected to be an AMOLED panel with QHD resolution, similar to the Galaxy S9 Plus (review). As you can see from the renders, the S10 Plus features triple rear cameras alongside an LED flash, which appear in a horizontal setup that's reminiscent of the Note 9 (review). The cameras are expected to include a standard lens, telephoto lens and a wide-angle lens. The front, however, is where things get interesting. The dual selfie cameras appear to be piercing the display on the top right corner. We've seen Samsung demo this selfie camera placement at its developer conference last month, which the company calls the 'Infinity O' design. Thanks to this front camera placement, the S10 Plus sports a nearly bezel-less display, and is likely to offer among the highest screen-to-body ratios of any phone in the market. In terms of the dimensions, the S10 Plus measures 157.5 x 75.0 x 7.8mm. With the slight rear camera bump included, the thickness stands at 9mm. The 5K renders of the Galaxy S10 Plus depict the smartphone in a gradient Ice Blue hue, which was recently launched for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus.

We can also confirm that the Galaxy S10 Plus will feature an in-display fingerprint sensor – a first for Samsung phones. Notably, the fingerprint sensor is rumoured to be an ultrasonic one, using sound to read the map of your fingerprint. This is expected to faster and more accurate than the current crop of optical in-display fingerprint sensors we've seen, such as the sensor on the OnePlus 6T (review). Apart from this, the Galaxy S10 Plus is expected to ditch Samsung's iris scanning feature and make use of a new version of face unlock instead.

As for the ports and buttons, the S10 Plus retains the good ol' 3.5mm audio jack, which is placed alongside the USB Type-C port and loudspeaker at the bottom. The ejectable SIM card tray is on the top edge, the power button on the right and the volume rocker and dedicated Bixby button on the left. There's a small cutout for the earpiece at the very top, and Samsung branding at the rear.

As for the other specs, we can expect the Galaxy S10 Plus to come powered by the upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 8150 flagship processor in the US.

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
That is HAWT. I was hoping the "notch" would be a little smaller (after that leak/rumour last week) but it's still pretty gorgeous.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
whats the point of the thin strip of screen above the camera cutout. doesn't really seem to solve any 'notch' problem.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Headphone jack, yay. But I still don't want any sort of notch, even just a camera.

Just put a thin black strip pls.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that this was determined to be fake by the person who originally leaked it?

Edit:

YuYu

Banned
Jun 18, 2018
Wasn't it supposed to have the camera under the screen or did I get that wrong?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
It'll take time to get used to looking for top bar icons in the center as I'm sure they'll be shifted left for the camera.

Otherwise it looks incredible. Hope it is real.

signal

Oct 28, 2017

I think it looks whatever. Close enough to recent designs though so I don't know why people are acting militantly against it. It's not THAT different.

Oct 25, 2017
I know there's not a way around it besides a mechanical camera slider or under the display, but I definitely don't like this "Infinity O" design better than a "teardrop" notch design like the Oppo F9/OP6T. They're all ugly though.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol that looks so bad. Like, at a glance you think "Oh wow, very futuristic!" but then you wonder why they keep that tiny strip of screen above the camera, and how having that there is gonna effect stuff like icons, battery, signal etc? It would be very weird. An interesting concept, but I hope they refine it before release.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Based Samsung cat is the only leaker I trust. If the cat says it's fake then it's probably fake.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Lol that looks so bad. Like, at a glance you think "Oh wow, very futuristic!" but then you wonder why they keep that tiny strip of screen above the camera, and how having that there is gonna effect stuff like icons, battery, signal etc? It would be very weird. An interesting concept, but I hope they refine it before release.

Galaxy phones always display the header with icons of which features are enabled, battery life, time. The camera will be in that row of icons. In games it may be distracting but eh.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Galaxy phones always display the header with icons of which features are enabled, battery life, time. The camera will be in that row of icons. In games it may be distracting but eh.
Right, that's what I meant. Like, won't the camera be blocking those icons now? They could be shifted, sure, but it just seems like it would look really odd since it's off-center and there's that thin strip of screen above the camera.

Maybe it's just something that needs to be seen in practice, not just in a render (assuming the render is even real, obviously lol).