doops.

Jun 3, 2020
IMG_6422-2_8f276564-fa99-488f-8756-85d5be66f55a_1024x1024@2x.jpg
40a94d9a03102fe9bc207fbe5ac219f7.jpg
3513.skate-2.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HB1t8LppQs
99652e0e1a8bd0b465f2a3eebcacc70f.gif

CmajbmI.gif

Got any good memories of this game? If so, share!

Special shout out to the Skate 2 soundtrack for having nothing but bangers. (same with 1 and particularly 3 too)

www.youtube.com

Skate 2 OST Track 34 - Sam & Dave - Hold On I'm Comin

Official Soundtrack.Track 34:Sam & Dave - Hold On I'm Comin

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the map in this game. So many cool spots and it all just fit together. I wish there was a way to play easily without needing an Xbox or older console.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
15 years of Skate sequels feeling like improvements in some respects but also not quite getting it right either.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Loved this series so much, was actually playing it the other day (Skate 3). I'm worried that after session/skater xl I won't enjoy the controls of skate 4 but time will tell.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
It is? Tbh it's been so long since it was announced that at this point I'd assumed it was cancelled again.
Nah, I still get emails about it from time to time since I signed up.

After playing the closed beta, I can say it's got potential to be SO AWESOME. All the familiar moves and control schemes are there, just imagine a persistent open world filled with other skaters. It's really cool. And the playerbase was nice.

yuina

Sep 26, 2022
This was the game that made me jump into "next-gen" and sell basically all my now expensive retro games for an Xbox 360.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Skate 2 is fantastic. Honestly one of my favorite games of that gen, and I was so happy when they made it BC in Xbox in their last batch of games.

I also think it's one of the best sequels ever, they made absolutely everything better.

Skate 3 never grabbed me as much though.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I thought the thread title said Shrek 2

Nov 4, 2023
Anyone wanting to start with Skate-series, I think Skate 2 is the best in the series despite 3 having some QoL-improvements. Mostly because the city works better as in 3 you kinda always end up in the same place because the map is a hill for the most part. Also three focused a bit too much on the hall of meat-part, instead of being a skate sim (hardcore mode in 3 was a welcome addition though).

I hope skate. will be great, but the inclusion of parkour-mechanics in the pre-alpha videos doesn't quite give me the confidence and the game being f2p, it's probably gonna be loaded with different currencies and other unwelcome additions. But I hope they'll make a great city and nail the actual skateboarding part. If you want to be part of the playtests, you can register here: https://www.ea.com/games/skate/insider-playtest-registration?isLocalized=true

If you want a skate game in the mean while, I recommend Session Skate sim, it's available pretty much on every platform. It has been in development for a long time, NACON became the publisher (for better or worse) for the 1.0 / non-Early access version. Game has a story mode, multiple different cities/maps/spots, film/edit mode, you can add stuff with object dropper to make new spots etc. You have a lot of control on how the game's physics or controls work, so you can really fine tune how the game plays.

Best part of Session is that it has legendary real-life spots like Brooklyn banks, Love park, Hubba Hideout, EMB, Pier 7, Courthouse / Blubbas, Pyramid Ledges, so you can recreate your favorite lines (and there even historic challenges to reward you for them). And the game being a skate sim, you can do pretty authentic stuff in the game.

Unfortunately Crea-ture has kinda focused on not so interesting things after Nacon becoming the publisher / v1.0 instead of getting rid of the jank. Last few DLC maps haven't been that great, transition skating is still really janky/broken, no grabs, many bugs still etc. But hopefully the next updates improve on that and the next map should be great, so looking forward to that! I've put hundreds of hours to the game from the alpha, to beta, to EA to release and it's still the best skate sim out there.

There's also Skater XL, which is mechanically closer to Skate and aimed more for casual play, but unfortunately the developers haven't really put time in improving the game after the release, so you'll need to mess with mods to get the most out of the game.