Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I just finished an NR200P build and basically the glass panel raises GPU and CPU temp by about 6C if you're doing an air cool build which is consistent with what I saw. Basically pushes my 3700x/3080FE/Scythe Mugen Rev 5b / into the 80's under load (Control with everything cranked to max @1440p DLSS 2.0 on.) While that's still considered "safe", it definitely feels way too hot for me. Buying the NR200P gives you the choice of mesh or glass since it comes with both. I just installed some extra case fans (2 exhaust/1 intake 120mm) so I''ll check that..

Having said that I really want to figure out how to make glass work. But to me it seems like the only way to get glass to work is through water cooling or maybe an AIO cooler.

I see, thank you. And does the NR200P have any other extras beyond the glass panel to make it worth it if I don't do glass? On amazon at least, the 'P' comes with the PCI riser, though it seems that may not be the ideal way to mount the gpu for temp. Looking for the most practical setup and saving 20 wouldn't hurt.

edit: Seems maybe 'P' comes with an extra top fan as well? Might stick with this order I made just for the options... not sure.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I see, thank you. And does the NR200P have any other extras beyond the glass panel to make it worth it if I don't do glass? On amazon at least, the 'P' comes with the PCI riser, though it seems that may not be the ideal way to mount the gpu for temp. Looking for the most practical setup and saving 20 wouldn't hurt.

edit: Seems maybe 'P' comes with an extra top fan as well? Might stick with this order I made just for the options... not sure.

P comes with 2x 120mm fans where as the NR200 comes with 1x120mm and 1x92 mm fan (rear exhaust). My guess is that NR200P was targeted for people that intended to watercool their build whereas the regular NR200 is for primarily air cooled builds.

Some other things to be careful of....Make sure your PSU is an SFX and not SFX L. Even though SFXL is supported, it leaves less clearance for the top, such that the front 120mm case fan that's included won't fit there. Also your mobo also might affect the clearance in the back top exhaust fan. For example, I'm running the Gigabyte B550i Auros Pro and the socket is closer to the top of the mobo slightly, which also affects clearance of the top exhaust fan.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
If you've got a Asus ROG Strix B550I Gaming and are looking to apply for the Doom Eternal promo, the serial number is located on the outer facing side of the ATX connector. Took me awhile to find it.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
myxwhn1yk0u51.jpg

ekuf6w2yk0u51.jpg

My mind is still blown at how small this PC is compared to my previous build. Yes I know it's not an amazingly small case. Whisper quiet with decent thermals after I put in some aftermarket case fans and switched out the stock wraith prism air cooler.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'd just like to vent about ordering as an Australian. As soon as the Cooler Master NR200 was unveiled, I rushed onto any Australian store I could find that had pre-orders up and ordered it. Literally months ago. I must have been one of the earliest purchasers of this case. I still haven't received it and the stock date is continuously pushed back further and further. I have now pre-ordered it from two different stores, with one anticipating stock on the 6th Nov and the other on the 25th Nov but they've both been pushed back multiple times.

Meanwhile Cooler Master are restocking the case in batches for American and European retailers at regular intervals? How has not one of these batches made it down yet for someone who ordered well before release? I understand COVID is messing with supply chains but this is ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017
Follow-up post regarding my PCIE 4.0/Bifurcation Riser adventure thus far -

Newer LINKUP PCIE 4.0 Riser video feat. RTX 3080 + Asus Strix x570i

Personally debating on whether I'm going to get a Right Angle 40cm adapter or a 27cm ITX Reverse (also comes in white) for my 3080+HTC Wireless adapter s402 build. The 27cm would be cleaner since I also have a C_Payne x8/x8 adapter coming. I'm leaning towards the 40cm cable - it has a lot more slack/room for error and can I pair it with my backup 40cm ADT-Link R41SL PCIE to M.2 adapter at full 4.0 speed should the bifurcation card not work or run at PCIE 3.0 spec (Bad = 3.0@x8, Good = 4.0@x8). I've had several convos with their customer support, they're surprisingly very responsive AND very knowledgable about their products.

ADT-Link also has a PCIE 4.0 cable spec in the works and sent me a photo, but there's no real ETA. That, and the actual listed cable on their website/3D PDF (R33UF-V4) is for a Reverse cable, not a straight one like the picture.

I looked into the Louqe TWINAX PCI-e RC260 GEN 4+ COBALT cable. You can't buy it in NA right now w/ Nordic countries and China getting first dibs on all Louqe gear since this past summer and its too short for my needs at sub 25cm length.

I also tried contacting Ameri-rack for their ARC2-PELY423-C7 series (specifically the ARC1-PELY423-C30V3). Long story short: don't bother with Ameri-rack. Its one dude, he's super hard to get in contact with via their website contact form, extremely reluctant to even entertain letting you buy hardware without double and triple checking motherboard support (the one I want to use supports bifurcation [verified even!] and I told him so but noooooo), and its sounds like he's under constant stress with B2B customers. They have *ZERO* plans in regard to pcie 4.0 as of this past July time frame. Mess.

Last edited:

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
heads up, white NR200P in stock right now at newegg. just placed my order, not even anywhere near being able to put my rig together, but i figure i might as well grab this now while i can.

edit: and white NR200 in stock at amazon with free prime shipping.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm in the market for a mini pc and don't have a ton of cash right now. I'm in the process of buying a house but my surface was stolen recently. It was due to my silliness. Left it in car unlocked. If anything is around $200 it would be ideal. I see a few in Amazon and have read reviews but honestly have no idea if they good or not. I just need it for work. Word, Excel and scheduling is about all I'll do with it. Some light internet surfing as well. Any help is much appreciated.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in the market for a mini pc and don't have a ton of cash right now. I'm in the process of buying a house but my surface was stolen recently. It was due to my silliness. Left it in car unlocked. If anything is around $200 it would be ideal. I see a few in Amazon and have read reviews but honestly have no idea if they good or not. I just need it for work. Word, Excel and scheduling is about all I'll do with it. Some light internet surfing as well. Any help is much appreciated.
So you're just looking for a cheap small box for basic Windows tasks?

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mind me asking why you're getting rid of your H1?
I bought it right before the NR200 was announced, and then after that we have the 3080s being a tight fit, but at this point I'm just going to cut my losses and stop worrying about it
I'd look into the Ryzen Mini-PCs then. They're a bit above $200 but if you look around you can probably find something that fits your needs.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it right before the NR200 was announced, and then after that we have the 3080s being a tight fit, but at this point I'm just going to cut my losses and stop worrying about it

I'd look into the Ryzen Mini-PCs then. They're a bit above $200 but if you look around you can probably find something that fits your needs.
I'll definitely look into these thanks!

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
I have some DDR4 3200 memory already, what ITX boards would I be looking at for my NR200P/Zen 3 build + a 3080?
Cheers.

Regret Truth

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got my parts delivered!

I'm only missing one piece to my build: 5900x

• AIO: -NZXT Kraken X53 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (240mm)
  • Mobo: -Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
  • Memory: -Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
  • Storage: -Seagate FireCuda 520 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive(Gen4)
  • Storage: -Seagate FireCuda 520 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Gen4)
  • GPU: -Gigabyte 3080 10 GB GAMING OC
  • Case: -Cooler Master NR200P Mini ITX
  • PSU: -Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

It pains me to watch all these parts until I get the cpu :(

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have some DDR4 3200 memory already, what ITX boards would I be looking at for my NR200P/Zen 3 build + a 3080?
Cheers.

I use a MSI Gaming Edge WiFi B550I board in my T1, and it's been working quite well for me. I have a 3080 FE and a 3600, though I do plan to upgrade to Zen 3 within a year or so.

These vids should help:

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just built a PC for the first and am wondering about the cpu temp in the bios that says it's 40 degrees Celsius. Is that...ok/normal ???

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just built a PC for the first and am wondering about the cpu temp in the bios that says it's 40 degrees Celsius. Is that...ok/normal ???

That's perfectly fine for an idle temp. I have a Ryzen 3600 cooled by a 120mm AIO and usually idle between 38-48C. This is in a FormD T1, a 9.5L case with very good airflow.

What CPU and cooler are you using?

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017
In addition to the other suggestion, look into a refurbished Lenovo ThinkCentre. You can find them for $250ish and they'll fit your immediate needs.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's perfectly fine for an idle temp. I have a Ryzen 3600 cooled by a 120mm AIO and usually idle between 38-48C. This is in a FormD T1, a 9.5L case with very good airflow.

What CPU and cooler are you using?
Oh ok phew thanks! I'm using a ryzen 3700 with a kraken x53, all in a ncase m1. I know I had kinda smudged the thermal paste but didnt think much of it during the moment

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow so glad I spotted this thread. I have a Dell Optiplex but it has an SSD, an i7 processor and stupid amounts of ram. I can actually already game on it really well but was contemplating picking up an external GPU to really get some gaming out of it. Would anyone recommend any? I suspect this is something ill revisit in 6 months or so as I am getting a Xbox Series X so my current budget is only £250 but I wonder if I might be surprised by what's possible even at that price point?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks a lot guys!!
Though now that it was brought, how do you do the load tests? Haha

For CPU, I like to run Cinebench R20 or Blender for about 20 minutes.
For GPU, I'll run Unigine Heaven for 20 minutes.
I use HWiNFO to monitor temperatures and other statistics while running those benchmarks. All of these programs are free.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For CPU, I like to run Cinebench R20 or Blender for about 20 minutes.
For GPU, I'll run Unigine Heaven for 20 minutes.
I use HWiNFO to monitor temperatures and other statistics while running those benchmarks. All of these programs are free.
Awesome! Much appreciated, Windows just finished installing so I'll have a look now

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Price of the NZXT H1 has gone back down to its original price finally.

Is it still worth it?

It comes with an AIO and a SFX PSU. The latter is still not easy to purchase nowadays, so if you like the aesthetics, go for it. I passed because I wanted a case with better airflow. If you do get the case, look up case mods to add fans to the rear or custom vented front panels to improve airflow. Doing both of these things will probably add another $100 or more to the case itself...

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have a Louqe Ghost S1 at the moment, but not being able to fit anything remotely wider than a 2.0 slot is starting to become a bummer. This FormD T1 is becoming super attractive now.

It's sooo good. Being able to fit 2 or 3 slot cards just by changing the case layout is amazing. And the airflow is sooo good. With an ambient room temperature of 20-25C, my 3080 FE idles at 29-35C. At load, it peaks at around 68-72C (with an undervolt and custom fan curve that is not noisy at all).

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It comes with an AIO and a SFX PSU. The latter is still not easy to purchase nowadays, so if you like the aesthetics, go for it. I passed because I wanted a case with better airflow. If you do get the case, look up case mods to add fans to the rear or custom vented front panels to improve airflow. Doing both of these things will probably add another $100 or more to the case itself...

I do like the aesthetics, especially compared to the much cheaper NR200; but the price hike and it being an oven for a FE 3070 did put me off it. However, considering other 3070 models don't use the FE fan design and I was going to go for an eventual 3060 anyway, that part didn't seem like that big a deal. The ease of building in it is also very enticing considering I have little time for getting down and dirty with building stuff like I used to.

Finding a B550 ITX motherboard with a USB-C port is gonna be maddening though. I don't want a useless USB-C port!

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I do like the aesthetics, especially compared to the much cheaper NR200; but the price hike and it being an oven for a FE 3070 did put me off it. However, considering other 3070 models don't use the FE fan design and I was going to go for an eventual 3060 anyway, that part didn't seem like that big a deal. The ease of building in it is also very enticing considering I have little time for getting down and dirty with building stuff like I used to.

Finding a B550 ITX motherboard with a USB-C port is gonna be maddening though. I don't want a useless USB-C port!

The MSI B550I Gaming Edge WiFi board has a USB-C header, but I think it's at a slower speed. I have this board and it's not bad at all, but the CMOS reset is under the rear I/O plate, which is a huge pain when you need to reset it frequently (when OCing RAM, for example). There is supposed to be a refresh of this board that fixes this issue. Also, it uses a non-standard backplate, which may conflict with some coolers (AIOs are usually ok).

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's sooo good. Being able to fit 2 or 3 slot cards just by changing the case layout is amazing. And the airflow is sooo good. With an ambient room temperature of 20-25C, my 3080 FE idles at 29-35C. At load, it peaks at around 68-72C (with an undervolt and custom fan curve that is not noisy at all).

Ahhhh I don't know what to do haha. I can easily buy this and make my money back and more on my Ghost S1 (have Limstone, small tophat, and the Nickel grill). It's also nice that the FormD T1 has room for an AIO up top if you wish (I have 2 slim Noctua 120s right now which would go perfect with it).

Only thing stopping me is that as much as I like the look of the FormD, the Ghost S1 is just a damn beautiful case in my opinion and that much better looking than the FormD T1.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

i got a custom front panel from ghost sheets and it ran me 65 bucks. I'd imagine there are cheaper options though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

www.shopblt.com

Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Rog Strix B550-I Amd Am4 3rd Gen Ryzen Mini-Itx Sff Gaming.

Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING rogstrixb550igaming Rog Strix B550-I Amd Am4 3rd Gen Ryzen Mini-Itx Sff Gaming shipped for $247.58. Free shipping! Secure purchasing, 30 day return policy.

Keep in mind that it's $213 out of the door; no tax. This is the cheapest you're going to find the Strix board.

You can find the MSI and Gigabyte boards too.

www.shopblt.com

MSI B550IGEDGEWIFI Mpg B550i Gaming Edge Wifi Itx Pcie4.

MSI B550IGEDGEWIFI Mpg B550i Gaming Edge Wifi Itx Pcie4 shipped for $198.08. Free shipping! Secure purchasing, 30 day return policy.

www.shopblt.com

Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX Itx Motherboard.

Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX b550iaorusproax Itx Motherboard shipped for $208.54. Free shipping! Secure purchasing, 30 day return policy.

ShopBLT has the cheapest prices I've seen for them. And once again, no tax.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
I have a Louqe Ghost S1 at the moment, but not being able to fit anything remotely wider than a 2.0 slot is starting to become a bummer. This FormD T1 is becoming super attractive now.
Same... super tempted. I really want the white T1 though, but want white side panels which look like they haven't finalized a color yet.