• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
ef92mBc.jpg

Version 1.2.0
You can confirm your current version by checking the upper-right corner of the title screen.

• Offline Gameplay
    • Adjusted difficulty of approaching challengers.
  • Online Gameplay
    • When matchmaking in Quickplay, the Format setting of your Preferred Rules will be prioritized more. This may cause matchmaking to take more time. Also, there is no guarantee that matchmaking will be done exactly as shown in the set Preferred Rules.
    • Increased the stability of the synchronous connection within Battle Arenas.
  • NOTE: Online features require a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
  • Misc.
    • Game balance adjustments.
    • Various gameplay fixes.
    • The fighters that had specific adjustments and changes are the below:
  • Link, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle

https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/index.html

Also you can now redeem your Pikachu / Eevee Spirits.

TooYFpq.jpg

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see they acted about people complains about online matchmaking in a quick manner, but sucks for the characters adjusted so soon after launch.

Also, I'm surprised that by 2018, a game so complex as Smash Bros. gets little detailed patch notes, but we are talking Nintendo here. Guess the community will have to (once again) list all that was changed.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Was really hoping Nintendo would do better patch notes than this.

Happy to hear about the online improvements at least. Hopefully people will post their finds on the character changes here!

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Why do these patch notes not indicate what the balance changes are?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, there's bigger patch notes than the list of adjusted characters, right? Like, buffs, nerfs, right?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yay they addressed online play! It's not ideal, but I didn't expect them to turn around a new matchmaking system in a week, and for now what they changed is fine.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Lmao
Approaching fighters difficulty nerfed

And yeah baby Lucina and Falco remain untouched.
Keep that nerf hammer away Sakurai

Feb 13, 2018
New Jersey
I don't like the ambiguity of "balance changes", but if anyone can figure out what changes occurred with the Link characters, please let me know as they are go-to fighters for me.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that those are the characters that have been adjusted.

Maybe they had some bugs attached to them. Werent people expecting K. Rool or Inkling nerfs?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they added a single frame of lag to Young Link's arrows......I'mma be mad lol

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I assume the partner character and characters with items are having their known "issues" worked out (desync hitlag and combo z-drops), but that leaves Luigi, DK, Duck Hunt, Kirby, and the AC characters as complete unknowns.

Curious to see what effect this has! Unclear if these are buffs or nerfs since it wasn't specified.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Was really hoping Nintendo would do better patch notes than this.

Happy to hear about the online improvements at least. Hopefully people will post their finds on the character changes here!

Nintendo didn't make Smash Bros so idk why you would expect them to have a full detail of patch notes

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Eyes glued to this thread for patch note impressions since no character change details in the notes lol

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I hate any patch notes that don't specifically spell out what the changes are.

What do you mean you "adjusted" Link? Is it good or bad? Is it big or small? Is it both at the same time?

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I already unlocked everyone via challenger approaching, but nice for people who were having trouble. I actually enjoyed the challenge, tough it could be frustrating at times.