• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Smogon has just recently released it's OU and UU Tier for Pokemon Sword and Shield. However, since this is very Early Stage it is likely going to chance i am just curious on pepole's thoughts and opinions on it and what you think will be chanced. I will just be posting the OU Pokemon in this thread since there is far less but you can see the UU Pokemon if you look at its tiers.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/ou/
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/uu/

image0.jpg

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
What does OU and UU stand for?
OU = Overused, basically the top tier for everything outside of Ubers (which is usually legendaries or Pokemon that can exploit a particularly egregious strategy)
UU = Underused, basically mid tier.

Hey OP, heads up your first link directs or Aegislash...unless that was intentional.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From my experience in ranked singles (which is admittedly a bit different being 3 on 3)

yeah sounds about right

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Smogon has just recently released it's OU and UU Tier for Pokemon Sword and Shield. However, since this is very Early Stage it is likely going to chance i am just curious on pepole's thoughts and opinions on it and what you think will be chanced. I will just be posting the OU Pokemon in this thread since there is far less but you can see the UU Pokemon if you look at its tiers.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/ou/
https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/uu/

image0.jpg

oh boy, already started breeding a tyranitar, togetic, and aegislash. Time to go and get me a full set.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I take it UU is only that big because they haven't established RU yet?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't follow smogon but I think it's hilarious Seismitoad is on that list with the "why am I here" because I personally use one. I've never seen a single other person in ranked use one though so I thought I was an outlier. I just needed both a water and a ground Pokemon for my team and it fit the bill.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't follow smogon but I think it's hilarious Seimetoad is on that list with the "why am I here" because I personally use one. I've never seen a single other person in ranked use one though so I thought I was an outlier. I just needed both a water and a ground Pokemon for my team and it fit the bill.
1 Reason - Rain Teams are in thanks to Peppiler.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Worth to say that they're looking into put Dynamax into suspect. Want to see now if their "every pokemon" tier will be more successful than OU.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how to parse this into good and bad but i see Darmanitan and Dracovish pictures so Im atleast happy

Carankan

One Winged Slayer
Dec 22, 2017
It's weird to see Gengar in UU. Is it because of the proliferation of dark types or has he been less powerful for a while? Haven't really kept up during gen 7.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I don't follow smogon but I think it's hilarious Seismitoad is on that list with the "why am I here" because I personally use one. I've never seen a single other person in ranked use one though so I thought I was an outlier. I just needed both a water and a ground Pokemon for my team and it fit the bill.

I've always used a swampert. I dont know if I'm ready to accept this other guy BUT water/ground is such a great typing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Is this a joke? The fossils are so terrible.
Nah, Dracovish is a fucking monster. It's unique 85 base power Water move doubles in power if it attacks first and it's ability and STAB boosts it even further. It can tear through stuff that resists it, especially in rain.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Is this a joke? The fossils are so terrible.
Both of the Fossil's listed get access to attacks that have 85 base damage and double if they go first. Scarf them and they're among the most deadly pokes in the game. Not to mention they've got insane coverage.