• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the language in the thread title, but I'm peeved. In fact, I'm downright vexed.

You see, my four-year-old son got this big-ass snake toy from Disney World last week, and he's been so obsessed with it that I thought it'd be a good idea to show him a video of Snake Pass. Naturally, he was mesmerized by what he saw, and being the gamer father that I am I promised him that we'd buy it and play it on PS5 when we got back from Orlando. Well, now we're back and he's jonesing to play some Snake Pass.

Well guess fucking what... it's just gone from PSN. Poof, nothing. See ya later.

header.jpg

Sumo Digital to potential buyers on PS platforms: "So long, fuckos!"

You go to this store page link and you're greeted with a "this shit ain't here" message.

Well that's just fuckin' lovely, isn't it? And there's no physical version of Snake Pass for PS4, so that's out the goddamn window as well. I simply can't buy this game in any form for a PlayStation platform and play it with my son. And other than one forum post from the Old Site I've seen zero mention of this anywhere. Sumo Digital's Twitter page has said nothing, and I've seen nothing of the sort on any gaming sites anywhere.

I just want to play Snake Pass at 60fps on my PS5 with my son who loves snakes! Why can't I do that? Now I'm sitting here watching the tears well up in my son's eyes (and my own), struggling to find the words to explain to my boy why his dad's a big ol' failure who can't even provide a night of snake-based platforming action. This is some bullshit.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
That's bizarre. I wonder if it's a mistake that no one's noticed.

Great game, too. Deserves every sale it can get.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This is weird, maybe some kind of licensing mess up?

I'm in the same boat with Hoa, it's been delisted from the Xbox Store and is showing no signs of coming back. I don't like this digital future.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Game is available on Steam, Switch, and Xbox.

Xbox version is Play Anywhere so it also includes the PC version.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sony censorship strikes again.

/jk

It is weird that only PSN is delisted though

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can't you contact Sumo's customer support? I contacted another company's CS recently about a delisting and got a fast and helpful reply.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
weird, still up on Xbox and Steam at least. I'm gonna assume this is in error though, maybe some of the changes Playstation has made to the store or something with the way Playstation handles publishers? I dunno, blue skying. I'd maybe tweet at Sumo or Playstation support or something and see if they reply and can offer an explanation or at least a "We're looking into this"

I only saw one other person talking about it when I searched it and it was on Neogaf, so maybe no ones really noticed yet.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This strikes me more as a broken link than anything else, seeing as the developer's own website is linking to the missing page.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hey hey OP, I get you...but..... Maybe just nobody really noticed?
Like, how would you? If you aren't trying to randomly purchase it at the second half of 2021, which alone probably doesn't happen that often anymore without a sale. So.... Is it that surprising that nobody wrote about it yet?

Jedi2016 Nope, it's gone from PSN. I can't find it in the store anymore.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The only recent news with Sumo Digital is they're being acquired by Tencent, but I don't think that would cause a PSN game to get delisted.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it, didn't they want to release dlc for snake pass? Or better where is snake pass 2!!!!

But really strange that it seems to be delisted from the ps store

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this and ZAMN being MIA on PSN since 6/28, no one wants to report in it. I've sent it to multiple gaming news sites, sadly no one wants to investigate games like that and snake pass disappearing from JUST PsN

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't we also have some folks from Sumo Digital here on era? Maybe they know something?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I have never heard of this game. But now I'm interested in it and the outcome of this thread.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Huh, that's really weird.

Remember playing this quite close to launch, while the controlls left could infuriate you at times.. It was quite a cute and fun experience anyway.

If that's the case they may have pulled it so they can republish it under the Tencent name.

Then why would it still be up on all others platforms?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Those fat cats in Washington have gone too far this time. I'm on my way to the capitol building with a cat carrier full of boa constrictors and we'll see if we can "squeeze" an answer out of them about who did this.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not the same thing you wished for, but if you have a pc or a switch too, you could still salvage your night since they are still buyable on those?
(Pretty weird its available on the others, but delisted on psn)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying that my PS4 with snake pass on it now holds collectors value.

Also I wonder why this is the case, pretty sure this is still on switch.

Personally I'm still irked they never released the ost, wise dropped like 6 absolute jams here and I demand them in high quality.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Not the same thing you wished for, but if you have a pc or a switch too, you could still salvage your night since they are still buyable on those?
(Pretty weird its available on the others, but delisted on psn)
I do have both a Switch and PC, but I'd rather not get the Switch version because of its rougher visuals and performance. As for the PC version, that would be okay but still not as good as playing with my son on my big TV with a soundbar.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Rightfully so.

And I would bet my ass that this thread (and the community behind it) is responsible for at least a hand full of positive icon changes afterwards.
Yes, I wish the attention was still there (or at least stronger), there were still many battles to be fought.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Makes me wonder what recent digital games disappeared and nobody noticed yet.

Oct 28, 2017
There's lots more where that came from OP. During Sony's attempted PS3/Vita purge I found there were a fair few games just gone from PSN.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
To those who've never heard of or played Snake Pass before, I'll just say that it's really good and you absolutely should play it if/when you get the chance.

Here's a nifty video on it from the best gaming YT channel…

Oct 27, 2017
I do have both a Switch and PC, but I'd rather not get the Switch version because of its rougher visuals and performance. As for the PC version, that would be okay but still not as good as playing with my son on my big TV with a soundbar.
Will your son, who is crying right now because he can't play Snake Pass, give a shit

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Will your son, who is crying right now because he can't play Snake Pass, give a shit
I'm not subjecting my boy to low resolution and 30fps UE4 running on Switch when there should be a 1080p60 option available to us.

At the end of the day I'm spending money on this, so I want to just buy the better performing and better looking version on PS4/5.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

What TV do you have? If it's a Samsung, just download the Steam Link app and boom.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Could be worse. You could have to play snake pass.

EDIT: eh Thats snarky to be snarky. It wasn't that bad.
I do miss the og switch version where the rumble was so strong and loud it'd make hands go numb.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I'm not subjecting my boy to low resolution and 30fps UE4 running on Switch when there should be a 1080p60 option available to us.
That sounds like a you problem.

If your kid wants to play Snake Pass as badly as you claim, then buy it on Switch and let him play. I doubt he's gonna sit there and count frames.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

At the end of the day I'm spending money on this, so I want to just buy the better performing and better looking version on PS4/5.
Obviously it's your money but bro your son doesn't care if it's 16 megafarts per megashits, he just wants to play snakepass

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds like a you problem.

If your kid wants to play Snake Pass as badly as you claim, then buy it on Switch and let him play. I doubt he's gonna sit there and count frames.
Kids play roblox. He does not give a SHIT about frame rate haha. Let your kid play the snake game.

iam really interested in the delisting though. Cant be a licensing issue?