• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't teach your kid to be a graphics snob lmao
Don't worry. He doesn't even understand what's going on. I told him that hopefully we can play the game soon.

But I'm the one buying the game and want to buy the console version that runs at 60fps. It's for me to play and him to watch, so I don't think it's unreasonable to want to wait until this PSN listing issue gets resolved. It seems like maybe it was an error, and I just wanted to draw some attention to it since it had gone largely unnoticed for over a month.

And if that means piping 60 hot frames at 1080p resolution directly into my son's eyeballs then that's a nice bonus too.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Please don't teach your kid to be a graphics snob lmao
He'll either end up working for Digital Foundry, or he'll spend his life in therapy and put his father in a nursing home at the first opportunity.

"Remember that time when I was 4 and instead of letting me playing Snake Pass you were kind of a dick and a graphics queen, dad? Well, they don't get 60fps at the old folks home, either POP. Have fun."

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
It's for me to play and him to watch
And if that means piping 60 hot frames at 1080p resolution directly into my son's eyeballs then that's a nice bonus too.
Are you buying this because you want to play the game?

Because it sounds like you're doing it entirely for your son, and that graphics are a lower priority - a "bonus"

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People in here telling OP how to parent based on a couple obviously joking posts.

Never change, Era. Lmao

I am actually rather interested myself to what happened though. Hoping we get a tweet or something to sate my curiosity.

Last edited:

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty strange. When I go to OP's link in the en-sk page in a private browser window, I see the game's page with price, background, and "Add to Cart" button. If I go to a US link however, it just shows a broken page.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
wearesecretmode.com

About us

Welcome to Secret Mode! We publish video games. Our goal is to delight and inspire you, and that’s why we are Secret Mode.

i digged some information around and yes , the listing is gone on the US PS store

The publisher is also part of the Sumo group , maybe you can give them a tweet or email

nowadays i mostly buy digital cos of C19 , i will be angry too if the game is suddenly delisted and if i wanna re-download and play

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the listing is fine in Canada.

Snake Pass

THINK LIKE A SNAKE When the tranquillity of Haven Tor is interrupted by a mysterious interloper only the unlikeliest of heroes can save the day Meet Noodle the Snake and his hyperactive best friend, Doodle the Hummingbird, who together must re-unite the missing Keystones with the magical gates...

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the listing is fine in Canada.

Snake Pass

THINK LIKE A SNAKE When the tranquillity of Haven Tor is interrupted by a mysterious interloper only the unlikeliest of heroes can save the day Meet Noodle the Snake and his hyperactive best friend, Doodle the Hummingbird, who together must re-unite the missing Keystones with the magical gates...
Yeah, looks like it's back now. An hour ago when I searched for the game on the Canada store, I couldn't find it. Now I see it in search results. Oddly enough, there's no screenshots or videos. Just the description, and a purchase button.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, if your son is 4, don't expect him to be able to do much more than have a wiggle and crawl around the first level or so. Not that that won't be fun for him, mind. Just that Snake Pass is definitely a tricky game to master and unless he's a gaming prodigy, I'd expect the skill ceiling to be a fair bit too high for his age to actually beat the game.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
I mean OP I doubt your son is going to care if it doesn't play 60 FPS. Just get it on switch?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Please don't support your sons snake obsession.

Try to get him interested in more cuddly creatures like puppies. Be a benefit to society.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Nice game but freaking brutal at times. Echo the sentiment that your son will likely not care what system it's on.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I do have both a Switch and PC, but I'd rather not get the Switch version because of its rougher visuals and performance. As for the PC version, that would be okay but still not as good as playing with my son on my big TV with a soundbar.
Seems like your poor son will have to deal with subpar image quality if he wants to get a slither in…

What is this world coming to?

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Not even the PS5 version is worthy. Your son will only be happy if you build him a gaming PC with a 3090 so that he can play Snake Pass at 8K 120 FPS

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Not even the PS5 version is worthy. Your son will only be happy if you build him a gaming PC with a 3090 so that he can play Snake Pass at 8K 120 FPS

It needs to also be in VR or preferably beamed directly into his retinas with light pipes.

In all seriousness, the rougher performance is really not a big deal. Snake Pass is not really a twitch platformer. You will see your failure approaching you from far away as you struggle to cling to a tree and try as you might you will still fall off the branch. Having half the frame time would not convey a substantially material advantage.

But also

Snake Pass is back on PSN for some time, and nobody seems to give a FLYING FUCK

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Seems like a good opportunity to teach your son that this world is not in the business of giving people what they want. Better to learn that lesson early.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Never heard of this game, and thanks to this thread, I now desperately want to play it and plan to purchase it soon so thanks for that!

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
It's back on the Euro PSN store. It wasn't there yesterday which is strange.

I hope you and your son have a great time playing this. I thought it was a wonderful and memorable game. Never understood why Sumo scrapped the DLC/sequel plans.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
We went from tears in the son's eyes, and having to explain to him that he wasn't going to be able to play the game, to oh yeah, we have a PC and Switch to - I just wanted the sound bar.

Lol.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao. Somebody gave a fuuuck.

You better buy it full price and let your son play it.

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Era saves Snake Pass from itself again

www.resetera.com

The Snake Pass icon has been updated

BEHOLD It's so beautiful Just wanted to mark this moment when everything in the Switch icon movement came full-circle. Sumo Digital has updated Snake Pass to feature a new icon... and apparently a new Arcade Mode, or something. But the important thing is the icon! As you may recall, when...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Not wanting to play a game in 30fps, when a 60fps version is also available is a completely valid reason.
Don't understand why everyone is being so hostile here? If the OP isn't interested in playing it on the go, there's no reason to bother with an underpowered console plugged in to the TV.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia

www.resetera.com

BEHOLD It's so beautiful Just wanted to mark this moment when everything in the Switch icon movement came full-circle. Sumo Digital has updated Snake Pass to feature a new icon... and apparently a new Arcade Mode, or something. But the important thing is the icon! As you may recall, when...
What would this game do without us?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

www.resetera.com

Resetera is THE Snake Pass ambasador.