• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
3MpZwF5.png

The award-winning series returns as Karl Fairburne fights to uncover Project Kraken in 1944 France. The genre-defining authentic sniping, with enhanced kill cam, has never looked or felt better as you fight across immersive maps to stop the Nazi war machine in its tracks.

MetaCritic (PlayStation 5):
Metacritic (Xbox Series):
OpenCritic: 80

Video Reviews

Written Reviews
Eurogamer - Essential

Through its invasion mechanic, Sniper Elite 5 achieves the ultimate goal of any sniping game, to capture the tension and drama of Jude Law and Ed Harris squaring off in Enemy at the Gates. If, like me, you watched that film when you were too young to do so, and thought "I wish there was a game that let me do that", rather than the more balanced "wow, war is terrible," then Sniper Elite 5 is that game, just without the Russian setting or Rachel Weisz. Couple that with eight superbly flexible sandboxes and the most imaginative interactive representation of the second world war in at least a decade, and you've got yourself one of the most entertaining games of the year.
www.eurogamer.net

Sniper Elite 5 review – Rebellion's stealth action series finds the sweet spot

Like a fleet of Allied landing craft storming the beaches of Normandy, Sniper Elite 5 has blown me away. I spent most o…

Polygon
In the end, though, the game's name alone is probably more than enough to inform you of what it's all about. It's a third-person shooter with first-person sniping that puts you in the boots of Brittany's deftest deadshot. It might sound silly, but Sniper Elite 5 is a game that cares about its titular vocation, and as the fifth entry in the series, proves that — for the most part — Rebellion has become pretty good at designing virtual sharpshooter experiences.
www.polygon.com

Sniper Elite 5 is rooted in the past

Despite compelling chaos and excellent level design

Attack of the Fanboy - 4/5
"The wheel isn't being reinvented for stealth shooters in the case of this game but is a thoughtful infusion of elements from several genre-defining franchises resulting in a cocktail that's fun, so long as it works."
https://attackofthefanboy.com/reviews/sniper-elite-5-review/

TwinFinite 3/5
In the end, Sniper Elite 5 is by no means a terrible game. In fact, if you love the series and wanted nothing to change from the previous installment, then you'll be more than satisfied. As someone who has played enough of the series in the past and was hoping for a little more growth, I was thoroughly disappointed.

The gameplay mechanics and open world that felt fresh and fun in 2017 now feel outdated and stale. Combine this with levels that lack interesting vantage points or unique ways to kill enemies, and it wasn't long before my immersion into the wacky world of Sniper Elite 5 went up in smoke.
twinfinite.net

Sniper Elite 5 Review - Preoccupied With 1944

Sniper Elite 5 on Xbox One In 2017, Sniper Elite 4 pushed all the right buttons for me. Its combat was simple yet satisfying --especially the kill cams--

XboxEra - 8/10
If you are a fan of Sniper Elite 4 you will certainly enjoy playing this game. Available to play from day one via Xbox Game Pass, this is not (in my opinion) an experience that you can afford to miss.
xboxera.com

Review | Sniper Elite 5

Dark clouds loom over Europe. Freedom itself is in peril as Nazis once again carve a murderous and destructive path through a formally peaceful

PlayStation Universe 9/10
www.psu.com

Sniper Elite 5 Review (PS5) - Rebellion's Sharpshooter Series Delivers Its Most Ambitious Entry Yet - PlayStation Universe

Rebellion's sharpshooter is back! Read our full Sniper Elite 5 PS5 review to see how the World War II shooter measures up!

EGM 8/10
egmnow.com

Sniper Elite 5 review - EGM

If you don't care about a good story or interesting characters, then Sniper Elite 5 is the most fun you can have shooting Nazis in the face.

GamingTrend 85/100
gamingtrend.com

Sniper Elite 5 review --- We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!

The date is May 28th, 1944, and the Nazi war machine continues to march across Europe. Once again you are put in the well-worn boots of U.S. Sniper Karl Fairburne, tasked with disrupting the Atlantikwall, a massive sea wall barrier fortified with massive coastal guns, batteries, mortars...

IGN 7/10
Despite its numerous tweaks Sniper Elite 5 ultimately feels like more of an incremental upgrade than a major revolution, keeping it a half-pace ahead of Sniper Elite 4 rather than taking a big goose-step forward for the series. With a more manoeuvrable main star, modifiable weapons, enhanced co-op, and Axis Invasion allowing the hunter to become the hunted, Sniper Elite 5 is still a satisfying and spectacularly gross way to shoot Nazis in their nether regions -- but it feels like the series needs to start aiming its sights a little higher and find ways to avoid repeating the same handful of objectives so often.

Shacknews 9/10
www.shacknews.com

Sniper Elite 5 review: Right on target

Rebellion delivers another solid stealth-shooter with Sniper Elite 5.

TechRaptor 7/10
techraptor.net

Sniper Elite 5 Review

Sniper Elite 5 is here, but can it maintain the quality of the franchise, or is the franchise doomed to take a downwards spiral?

Press Start 7/10
press-start.com.au

Sniper Elite 5 Review - Slightly Short Of The Perfect Shot

Sniper Elite 5 Review - Slightly Short Of The Perfect Shot

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a fine addition to Game Pass to me!

1am UK time unlocking which is a bit late but I can't wait to play it.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Nothing revolutionary, just get in there, shoots some Nazis in the balls. I'm down for it, definitely give this a chance on Game Pass.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize it had an invasion mechanic. Pretty good game to add it to.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it has an invasion mechanic? That sounds like an ingenious no-brainer for this series. Excited to try this out.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Might give it a whirl. Watching some of the iffy gameplay...it really just makes me want that SC remake to get here asap.

Nimbat1003

Nov 14, 2021
Damn that Eurogamer blurb with the enemy at the games comparison just targets me too much, I have to play this now.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's mine - 4/5
hardcoregamer.com

Review: Sniper Elite 5 - Hardcore Gamer

It's a no-brainer to proclaim Sniper Elite 5 has taken everything that made 4 as great as it was and improved it.

Invasion Mode just might be the best thing about this game. And coming from someone who actively avoids any form of online PvP when given the choice, Invasion is surprisingly great.

Also...St Michel is easily one of the best designed SE levels in the entire series. Some top notch level design in this game.

Oct 28, 2017
Yay for Gamepass! Wondering whether to try it with my fiancé, she's good at running around murdering grunts in Halo/ Gears on normal mode but how's the difficulty here? Is it newcomer friendly?

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Definitely better than I expected. I don't take this game seriously anyways

I'm in for a reason and that game is good at that reason. I'm in for the fuckery and shooting balls!

Pre-loaded and ready on Steam. Can't wait to start sniping balls

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Yes.

Spy Academy opens with a glorious panoramic reveal of Beaumont Saint-Denis, a stunning fictional recreation of the tidal island of Mont Saint-Michel.

Ahh, that explains it.

It looks quite different but there are too many similarities to be a coincidence. A fictional version makes total sense.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does the game launch with the Hitler DLC, or will that one launch later?

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
It seems the best entry in the series by reading most reviews, which is great and an auto must play then, even more considering it's on Game Pass since D1.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I might check it out. SE4 was pretty interesting but I bounced off hard with the co-op. Probably going to skip the co-op this time around and check it out solo.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I might check it out. SE4 was pretty interesting but I bounced off hard with the co-op. Probably going to skip the co-op this time around and check it out solo.

Some people say that Sniper Elite coop is awesome but in my opinion is much better to play it solo, so you can take your own time to plan each step during the missions without being distracted with other player

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Here's my review:

If you've played one, you've played all of them.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. The games are wicked fun.

Will check it out on GP

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I just want to blow brains off from 400m, can I do that or do I have to stealth? Because man, fuck stealth.

Yes you can, the game has been created with many types of playstyles in mind. You can go guns blazing, you can just use your sniper and make noise or you can go stealthy without killing anyone except for the targets. You can play pretty much the way you want

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Yes you can, the game has been created with many types of playstyles in mind. You can go guns blazing, you can just use your sniper and make noise or you can go stealthy without killing anyone except for the targets. You can play pretty much the way you want
You just made me a happy camper. A slightly brains-blowing happy camper.

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I changed my region to NZ and it still says 10 hours until unlock. Anybody had any success doing this on PC? All the prices have changed to NZ currency so it has worked but isn't unlocking. Maybe it's a global release based off GMT.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Excited for this.

My only disappointment is that once again the game focuses on villas, remote castles, isles and self contained areas in general, with no urban warfare in a war thorn city, like in Sniper Elite 2. France would be the perfect setting for this. It's understandable giving the design philosophy of the games since Sniper Elite 3, but I still wish they would make it work.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has never played one of these games this sounds like a good one to start with. Most of the complaints seem like not enough new.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's never played a Sniper Elite game, this makes me excited.

Will definitely give it a try via Game Pass.