Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's the final character in the Season Pass. Default costume is his Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns version and his alternate costume is his original Final Fantasy XIII version.

Release date for arcades is January and release date for PS4 is February.

Dx__TxiWsAY2Sei

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I somehow forgot all about that plot point with the l'cie crystals, and I liked Lightning Returns quite a bit

I'm glad they're still supporting this even though I never really play it anymore. Maybe once they add Vivi, as that leak from ages ago suggested, I'll get back in. I imagine those who are still playing are ridiculously good at this point though.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well the datamine was correct to the t. I wonder if the second Season Pass will actually be a thing.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Dissidia is the fighting game right? At least everyone will get to punch one of the worst characters ever made in gaming

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's with the stupid looking arm?

Also, I'm surprised this is still getting supported. Is there still a really active scene for it?

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
i have no clue how active NT actually is these days... but i honestly can't imagine Square is satisfied with whatever numbers this one is doing. I really can't get over how much wasted potential there is in this thing...

Jan 11, 2018
They had like a year to change this and they didn't. The list of season pass characters leaked early and no one wanted Snow. It makes no sense when you could, and should put Ardyn in the game (would have been great timing to release him now as well).

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Literally the least interesting party member of the six from FF13. Lol.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Very hype deflating. I wanted my OG Cold Boy not his edgier rendition from LR. I was hoping they didn't go with the villain angle like I assumed they would initially, but alas. I bought the season pass but haven't touched this game in months. Hopefully SE does something to reinvigorate this game. I don't think even going F2P in Japan helped much.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they take all the assets and effort put in this game and relaunch it sometime in the future, it has so much potential but it feels like nobody wants to play the actual product.

I doubt a second season pass makes much sense with how little attention this one is getting, but if the datamine is real and it consists of the 012 characters + Zack, Gabranth and Vivi, they should just repurpose it into a fourth Dissidia entry with a focus on what the fans actually want.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they take all the assets and effort put in this game and relaunch it sometime in the future, it has so much potential but it feels like nobody wants to play the actual product.

I doubt a second season pass makes much sense with how little attention this one is getting, but if the datamine is real and it consists of the 012 characters + Zack, Gabranth and Vivi, they should just repurpose it into a fourth Dissidia entry with a focus on what the fans actually want.

A more 1-on-1 focused sequel with the same assets would be great yeah, but personally I'm hoping Koei Tecmo finally uses the assets to make Final Fantasy Warriors a reality

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i have no clue how active NT actually is these days... but i honestly can't imagine Square is satisfied with whatever numbers this one is doing. I really can't get over how much wasted potential there is in this thing...
It does super well in Japan arcades. That seems to be enough to keep it afloat.

I'm hoping for a v2.0 with a proper story mode and 1v1 as an option.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
XIII-3 Snow? That's the most disappointing this could've gotten. They could've given him this LR version as a costume?

Now without a complete rework Dissidia NT will remain dead in the water on consoles.

Jan 11, 2018
I'd rather have Sabin or even Zell than Tifa, who is otherwise in everything just like every other FFVII character. Time to give the underdogs some more love.

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
Don't expect to find many supporters around here, but I'm in the minority of thinking this is a great choice for a XIII rep. Caius or Dysley would've been an equally good idea, but apparently not popular in Japan, which is a death knell. Cid Raines is popular and with a similar alterna-form, but I think they made the right call in going with a character who is present for the entire trilogy.

I also dip back into this game quite regularly and, lack of SP content aside, it's grown on me quite a bit. In my humble brain-sphere, it's a hell of a 7/10 game if you're into the characters, the basic gameplay, the music etc. I understand why people tear it to shreds though, it's literally 15% of what the original Dissidias were.

Just an FYI to the "who on earth is playing this?" crowd. We are out there! Not claiming the game's a masterpiece but I get to kick Kefka around with Rinoa and Angelo, so... It's junk food.

(edit) for anyone NOT aware of the datamine, LR Snow has been known since last year. Remaining new characters will be Zack and Vivi, plus everyone returning from Dissidia 012, save for Feral Chaos.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played LR, but is Snow a bad guy there?

Also, that design would fit perfectly in XV

Apr 16, 2018
People complaining about character depth in a fighting game is always hilarious.

Anyways, I've wanted Snow since the 012 days and it's even better they're using his corrupted form to differentiate him from both Vayne and Tifa, when she's eventually released next season.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Not gonna lie OP's avatar made me double take and think this was a Mortal Kombat guest character....

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played LR, but is Snow a bad guy there?

Also, that design would fit perfectly in XV

IIRC in Lightning Returns, Lightning is basically the bad guy, but it's very complicated. Snow's essentially on a path of self destruction because of what happens to Serah at the end of XIII-2, and due to lore reasons, Lightning is the only one who can kill him.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Snow and personally think Fang or Vanille should have been chosen to up the female representation but otherwise it's fair considering XIII has a single rep.
Tifa is popular and is a brawler, she's perfect for a fighting game.
It's been known for a long time that Tifa will not be in the DLC batch since they released the clues for each release and nothing returning matched VII.

She is leaked already as returning most likely next batch along with Zack being a new character aka waste of a perfectly good spot when he could be a skin. Tifa had to come back at some point but I'm more than happy she is being held off for new and interesting additions.

Apr 16, 2018
I don't like Snow and personally think Fang or Vanille should have been chosen to up the female representation but otherwise it's fair considering XIII has a single rep.

It's been known for a long time that Tifa will not be in the DLC batch since they released the clues for each release and nothing returning matched VII.

She is leaked already as returning most likely next batch along with Zack being a new character aka waste of a perfectly good spot when he could be a skin. Tifa had to come back at some point but I'm more than happy she is being held off for new and interesting additions.

Why would Zack be a skin for Cloud? They have completely different moves and limit breaks lol

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
CF7uvFc.gif

Why put Fang, Sazh, Serah or Caius when you can choose another blonde male character?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Don't really care for Snow, yet this stream still lived up to the hype (NT Anniversary). New characters are coming, new costumes for the base roster, and plenty of continued support. Everything officially confirmed. I love this game, even though I don't play it as much anymore. Can only imagine the playerbase is even smaller by now. This was an injection of great news. I'll be back online once KH3, RE2, and DMC5 are in my rearview.